Andrew Russell Garfield is a British-American actor. He is the recipient of several accolades, including a Tony Award, and has been nominated for an Academy Award and two competitive British Academy Film Awards.
He made his feature-film debut in the 2007 ensemble drama Lions for Lambs. Also that year, his performance in the television film Boy A earned him a British Academy Television Award for Best Actor. He came to international attention in 2010 with supporting roles in the drama The Social Network, for which he received Golden Globe and BAFTA nominations for his portrayal of Eduardo Saverin, and the science fiction romance Never Let Me Go. Garfield subsequently gained wider recognition for playing the titular superhero in the 2012 superhero film The Amazing Spider-Man and its 2014 sequel. In 2016, Garfield starred in two critically acclaimed historical dramas, Hacksaw Ridge and Silence. His portrayal of Desmond T. Doss in the former earned him nominations for the Academy Award and BAFTA Award for Best Actor.
Andrew Russell Garfield
British and American
Birthday / Date of Birth
Andrew Garfield was born on August 20, 1983 in Los Angeles, California, USA.
He’s currently 35 years old.
He is of English and Polish-Jewish descent.
Andrew Garfield attended Priory Preparatory School, Banstead. Later, he joined City of London Freemen’s School, which is nearby Ashtead. Garfield, then, did training at the Central School of Speech and Drama, University of London from which he graduated in 2004.
- Father – Richard Garfield (Served as a head coach of the Guildford Swimming Club)
- Mother – Lynn (née Hillman) Garfield (Worked as a Teaching Assistant at a nursery school)
- Siblings – Ben Garfield (Older Brother) (Doctor)
He is signed with Gordon and French.
Girlfriend / Spouse
Andrew Garfield dated –
- Emma Stone (June 2011-2015) – In June 2011, actors Andrew and Emma started dating each other. They met on the set of “The Amazing Spider-Man” for the first time in 2011 and became an item. They, however split in 2015 after dating for four years. Their separation was silent as they it didn’t create any buzz in the media.
- In feet – 5 feet 10.5 inches
- In centimeters – 179 cm
- In meters – 1.79 m
- In Kilograms – 74 kg
- In Pounds – 163 lbs
Andrew Garfield made his screen debut in 2007, playing an American university student, Todd Hayes in a drama war film, “Lions for Lambs”, with co-stars Tom Cruise, Meryl Streep and Robert Redford.
Garfield made his television debut in 2005, starring as Tom in the Channel 4 teen drama “Sugar Rush”.
2010 film Social Network in which he acted as Eduardo Saverin (Co-founder of Facebook). For this, he got 3 awards as well. Also, he acted as Peter Parker in Amazing Spider-Man in 2012.
- Adam’s apple
- Slender body
|2005||Mumbo Jumbo||Simmo||Bevan Walsh||Short film|
|2007||Lions for Lambs||Todd Hayes||Robert Redford|
|2008||The Other Boleyn Girl||Francis Weston||Justin Chadwick|
|2009||The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus||Anton||Terry Gilliam|
|2009||Air||Tom||Luke Davies||Short film|
|2010||I’m Here||Sheldon||Spike Jonze||Short film|
|2010||Never Let Me Go||Tommy D||Mark Romanek|
|2010||The Social Network||Eduardo Saverin||David Fincher|
|2012||The Amazing Spider-Man||Peter Parker / Spider-Man||Marc Webb|
|2014||The Amazing Spider-Man 2|
|2014||99 Homes||Dennis Nash||Ramin Bahrani||Also producer|
|2016||Hacksaw Ridge||Desmond Doss||Mel Gibson|
|2016||Silence||Ft. Sebastião Rodrigues / Okada San’emon||Martin Scorsese|
|2017||Breathe||Robin Cavendish||Andy Serkis|
|2018||Under the Silver Lake||Sam||David Robert Mitchell|
|2005||Swinging||Various roles||Episode: “1.1”|
|2005||Sugar Rush||Tom||5 episodes|
|2006||Simon Schama’s Power of Art: Caravaggio||Boy with fruit||Episode: “Caravaggio”|
|2007||Doctor Who||Frank||2 episodes: “Daleks in Manhattan” & “Evolution of the Daleks”|
|2007||Trial & Retribution||Martin Douglas||Episode: “Closure: Part 1”|
|2007||Boy A||Jack Burridge / Eric Wilson||TV film|
|2009||Red Riding||Eddie Dunford||3 episodes|
|2011, 2014||Saturday Night Live||Himself (host)||2 episodes|
Andrew Garfield Favorites
- Favorite Food – Sunday Roast, Burgers, Bulgogi
- Favorite Actress – Meryl Streep
- Favorite Movies – Teen Wolf (1985), The Karate Kid (1984), The Goonies (1985)
- Favorite Band – Arcade Fire
- Favorite Books – “Never Let Me Go” by Kazuo Ishiguro, “The Catcher in the Rye” by J. D. Salinger
- Favorite Restaurant – Golden State Foods
Andrew Garfield Net worth
Garfield’s net worth is estimated to be of $15 million dollars. He divides his time between Los Angeles and Surrey, England. He owns a lavish mansion worth $2.5 million in Los Angeles, California that boasts plenty of bedrooms and bathrooms, swimming pool, jacuzzi, sauna, gym, pool table, home cinema, gaming room and other luxury amenities. He also owns a luxury house in Surrey, England. He owns Audi A7 and Porsche Panavera.
Social Media Profiles
He’s not on social media.
Some Lesser Known Facts About Andrew Garfield
- Andrew Garfield became interested in an acting career at 16. Before that, he intended to study business.
- He was physically active in his early years, doing gymnastics and swimming.
- Previously, his family’s surname was “Garfinkel.”
- Andrew has dual citizenship of the United States and England.
- Garfield was named “Top 10 actors to watch” by Variety Magazine in 2007.
- Born in Los Angeles, California, Garfield was brought up in Epsom, Surrey.
- He took acting lessons at age 15 and began appearing in stage productions and plays.
- He was awarded the Milton Shulman Award for Outstanding Newcomer at the 2006 Evening Standard Theatre Awards.
- Andrew was featured in Vogue’s December 2009 issue.
- In 2011, Garfield became the Ambassador of Sport for the Worldwide Orphans Foundation (WWO).
- Garfield played the role of Prior Walter in Tony Kushner’s two-part play Angels in America at the National Theatre, London in the Lyttelton Theatre from April to August 2017.
- He won the Best Actor in a Play Tony Award for his performance in “Angels in America” in 2018.