Debina Bonnerjee is an Indian actress who played Sita in the television soap opera Ramayan. Her first television role was in the Tamil TV serial Mayavi. She also appeared as Mayuri in Chidiya Ghar and in several reality shows. In 2019, Debina appeared in Colors TV’s show Vish: A Poisonous Story.
Birthday / Date of Birth
Debina Bonnerjee was born on the 18th of April 1987, in Kolkata, West Bengal, India.
She’s currently 35 years old.
She is of Bengali descent.
Debina went to Sri Aurobindo Institute of Education School and graduated from Gokhale Memorial Girls’ College, Kolkata.
- Father – Ashok Bonnerjee
- Mother – Sabree Bonnerjee
- Sibling – Amitava Bonnerjee (Brother)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Debina Bonnerjee has dated –
- Gurmeet Choudhary (2008-Present) – In 2008, Debina started dating fellow actor Gurmeet Choudhary, as they co-starred in Ramayan. Later, in 2010, the duo got engaged and eventually married on February 15, 2011. They have adopted 2 daughters. In February 2022, it was revealed that they were expecting their first child together. On April 3, 2022, Debina gave birth to a baby girl named Lianna Choudhary. In August 2022, the couple announced that they were expecting their 2nd child together.
- In feet – 5 feet 6 inches
- In centimeters – 168 cm
- In meters – 1.68 m
- In Kilograms – 58 kg
- In Pounds – 128 lbs
- Measurements – 34-26-35
- Bust – 34 inches
- Waist – 26 inches
- Hip – 35 inches
- Bra Size – 33B
She wears a size 8 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 5 (US).
Debina became known for her work as ‘Sita’ in the television serial Ramayan (2008-2009) and as ‘Mayuri Gomukh Narayanan’ in the TV serial Chidiya Ghar (2011-2014).
In 2011, Bonnerjee first breakthrough came through the role of Sita alongside Gurmeet Choudhary, Ankit Arora and Akhilendra Mishra in NDTV imagine serial Ramayan.
In 2003, Debina made her debut in Hindi film with Indian Babu as Dil’s Step Sister. Later she also did many south Indian films like Ammayilu Abbayilu (2003), Nanjundi (2003), Perarasu (2006).
Bonnerjee has done endorsement work for several brands such as Maybelline New York, OZiva, and Mamaearth.
Debina Bonnerjee Net worth
Debina Bonnerjee has an estimated net worth of $1.5 million dollars as of 2022.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Debina Bonnerjee
- Debina was raised in a middle-class, traditional, and reserved household.
- Apart from acting, she enjoys working out, traveling, dancing, reading, singing, cooking, and eating.
- In 2003, Bonnerjee started her acting career by playing the role of Dil’s step-sister in Bollywood film Indian Babu.
- She has worked in various languages like Hindi, Telugu, Kannada, and Tamil.
- In 2008, she was seen as Sita in most popular Hindi television serial Ramayana which was produce by Prem Sagar.
- In 2009, she, along with her husband, Gurmeet Choudhary participated in the reality TV show Pati Patni Aur Woh.
- She is a dog lover.
- In 2011, Bonnerjee brought to life the character of Mayuri Gomukh Narayan, Gowmukh’s wife, on Sony SAB’s comedy-drama show, Chidiya Ghar.
- In 2013, she along with her husband Gurmeet Choudhary participated in Nach Baliye season 6 and became the 1st runner-up in the show.
- In 2014, she participated in Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi Darr Ka Blockbuster.
- In 2015, she made a guest appearance as Simran in the romantic horror film, Khamoshiyan, starring Gurmeet Choudhary, Ali Fazal, and Sapna Pabbi.
- In 2016, she appeared as Kiku Sharda‘s wife in the Hindi stand-up comedy and talk show, The Kapil Sharma Show.
- In May 2021, Debina received the first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine.