Rose McGowan is an American activist, actress, author and model. After her film debut in a brief role in the comedy Encino Man, McGowan achieved wider recognition for her performance in Gregg Araki’s dark comedy The Doom Generation, receiving an Independent Spirit Award nomination for Best Debut Performance. She had her breakthrough in the horror film Scream and subsequently headlined the films Going All the Way, Devil in the Flesh and Jawbreaker.
Rose Arianna McGowan
Actress, Model, Author
Birthday / Date of Birth
Rose McGowan was born on the September 05, 1973 in Certaldo, Tuscany, Italy.
She is currently 45 years old.
She has English, Irish and French ancestry.
Rose McGowan went to the Roosevelt High School in Seattle. She later got admission at the Nova Alternative High School. Shortly before moving to Los Angeles, she studied at the art and beauty school.
- Father – Daniel McGowan (Commercial artist and ran an Italian chapter of the Children of God)
- Mother – Terri McGowan (Microsoft employee and former writer)
- Siblings – Daisy McGowan (Sister) (Artist), Nathaniel McGowan (Brother). Overall, she has 5 siblings, out of which one is older than her, while other four are younger than Rose. She also has 2 half-siblings.
Rose McGowan is represented by Brigade Marketing.
Boyfriend / Spouse
Rose McGowan has dated –
- Marilyn Manson (1997-2001) – McGowan started going out with metal rock legend Marilyn Manson in September 1997. Before they had even met, Manson had a crush on her. When they eventually met at the entrance of a restaurant, Rose asked him about the crush he had for her. They started dating shortly after. After dating for around one and a half years, they got engaged. Marilyn had proposed to her while they were sitting in a bathtub surrounded by candles. She found the gesture incredibly romantic and said yes. About two years after their engagement, Rose decided to end their relationship. She claimed that she was finding it difficult to adjust to Marilyn’s rock and roll lifestyle. She also hinted in a later interview that drug use might have been one of the reasons behind their split.
- Norman Reedus – Rose McGowan reportedly had a short-lived affair with actor Norman Reedus towards the starts of the 2000s. It was claimed that they had grown close during his stint on her TV show, Charmed.
- Kip Pardue (2001) – Rose had started going out with actor Kip Pardue in 2001. They made their first public appearance at the premiere of his new movie Driven in Hollywood in April 2001. They were later seen together in the 2002 comedy drama movie, Strange Hearts. In fact, they had first met while shooting for this movie, in which they were cast in the role of lovers, and while playing the role of reel lovers, they became real lovers.
- Ahmet Zappa (2001-2002) – Rose first met musician and actor Ahmet Zappa in 2000 on the sets of Ready to Rumble. They officially started dating in August 2001. In her December interview with Jane Magazine, she spoke in glowing terms about her husband. However, in another interview given a year later to the same magazine, she revealed that they had broken up as they were on different levels of adoration.
- David Zinczenko (2002-2005) – Rose first met Men’s Health editor David Zinczenko in late 2002. She was standing in a line at concession stand but when her turn came, she realized that she didn’t have any money, so she turned to David, who was standing behind her to ask for some money. They started hanging out after that incident. While in a relationship, they had to overcome the long distance between them as he was based in New York City and she was living in Los Angeles. They used to meet up on the weekends. They decided to split by the spring of 2005.
- Steve Jones (2005) – McGowan was rumored to be seeing Welsh TV presenter Steve Jones in May 2005. She had met him while giving an interview for his show. And, reportedly, she was so charmed by him that she postponed her return to the United States.
- Jenson Button (2005) – Rose was linked with the English racing driver, Jenson Button, in 2005.
- Robert Rodriguez (2007-2009) – The director Robert Rodriguez first met Rose at the amfAR ‘Cinema Against AIDS’ Gala at the Cannes Film Festival in May 2005. He found her fiery and feisty personality endearing. He then cast her in his movie, Grindhouse – Planet Terror, and it was while shooting for this movie, they became close. It was rumored that their cozy behavior on the movie sets lead to his separation from his wife Elizabeth Avellán, with whom he had been married for 16 years. They made their relationship official in May 2007 by walking the red carpet at the Cannes Film Festival. By October 2007, they had got engaged. They planned to get married in 2009 but this relationship also saw an end by October 2009.
- Rob Adams (2011-2012) – In the early months of 2011, Rose started going out with a man named Rob Adams, who worked in the finance. She also revealed that he was an art collector and was planning to set up art fund for underprivileged artists. They dated for little over a year and decided to break up in July 2012.
- Davey Detail (2012-2016) – McGowan started dating artist Davey Detail in 2012. After dating for about a year, Davey proposed to her in July 2013. They got married in Los Angles in October 2013. However, their marriage didn’t last long as she filed for divorce in February 2016 citing irreconcilable differences. She also asked the judge to reject any claims for spousal support from Davey. Their divorce was finalized in November 2016.
- Boots (2016-Present) – Rose was spotted with musician and producer Boots (real name Jordan Asher) in October 2016. They made their relationship public in November by sharing a picture of them in a topless cuddle.
- In feet – 5 feet 4 inches
- In centimeters – 163 cm
- In meters – 1.63 m
- In Kilograms – 53 kg
- In Pounds – 117 lbs
- Measurements – 34-24-33
- Bust – 34 inches
- Waist – 24 inches
- Hip – 33 inches
- Bra Size – 32B
She wears a size 6.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 3 (US).
Being cast in the role of Ann-Margret in the CBS miniseries based on music legend Elvis Presley’s life and titles as Elvis.
In 1992, she made her theatrical film debut in a minor role in the comedy movie, Encino Man. This movie was released as California Man in Europe.
In 1990, Rose made her first TV show appearance in Life with Fathers episode of Fox drama sitcom, True Colors.
Rose McGowan has been featured in a series of print adverts for BeBe clothing. She was also cast in an advert for “Women Can Stop Trump” before the US presidential elections.
Awards & Nominations
|1995||The Doom Generation||11th Independent Spirit Awards||Independent Spirit Award for Best Debut Performance||Nominated|
|1999||Jawbreaker||MTV Movie Award||MTV Movie Award for Best Villain||Nominated|
|2005||Charmed||Family Television Awards||Favorite Sister||Won|
|2005||Charmed||Wand Award||Wand Award for Best New Cast Member||Nominated|
|2006||N/A||Blender||Sexiest Women Of TV And Film||Won|
|2008||Grindhouse – Planet Terror||Saturn Award||Best Supporting Actress||Nominated|
|2008||Grindhouse – Planet Terror||Scream Awards||Scream Queen||Nominated|
|2008||Grindhouse – Planet Terror||Golden Schmoes Awards||Best Actor -Female||Nominated|
|2009||Grindhouse – Planet Terror||Fright Meter Award||Best Supporting Actress||Won|
|2009||Rose McGowan||San Francisco International Film Festival||Midnight Outstanding Achievement Award||Won|
|2014||Dawn||Sundance Film Festival||Short Film Grand Jury Prize||Nominated|
|2018||N/A||Alliance of Women Film Journalists Awards||Outstanding Achievement by a Woman in the Film Industry||Won|
Rose McGowan Favorites
- Favorite Actor – Ralph Fiennes
- Favorite Style Icons – Marlene Dietrich, Ava Gardner
- Favorite Actresses and Actors – Sophia Loren, Linda Fiorentino, Susan Sarandon, Clara Bow, Bette Davis, Elizabeth Taylor, Jessica Lange, Joan Crawford, Ava Gardner
- Favorite Hair Color – Dark
- Favorite Restaurant – Sushi Nozawa, Jan’s Diner, Taco Bell on Beverly Boulevard by La Cienega
- Favorite Movies – Night of the Hunter (1955), Out of the Past (1947), The Godfather (1972), The Godfather Part II (1974), Scarface (1932), Some Like It Hot (1959)
Rose McGowan Net worth
Rose McGowan net worth is estimated to be $6 million dollars as of 2019.
Social Media Profiles
- Facebook – Rose McGowan
- Instagram – rosemcgowan
- Twitter – Rose McGowan
- YouTube Channel – Rose McGowan
Some Lesser Known Facts About Rose McGowan
- At the age of 14, she was sent to a drug rehab even though she wasn’t doing drugs but her appearance made her look like an addict. She ran away from the rehab and was homeless for a year.
- By the age of 15, she decided to officially emancipate herself from her parents. She then relocated to Los Angeles, where she did a number of odd jobs, which she often got by lying about her age.
- She has been diagnosed with OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder) and Agoraphobia.
- McGowan was cast in the role of Tatum Riley in Scream due to Melinda Clarke’s decision to turn down the offer to star in the movie.
- In 2007, the popular Maxim Magazine placed Rose in the #44 position in their annual Hot 100 list.
- In 2008, she broke her foot in the gym while running down a flight of stairs to meet her personal trainer.
- In October 2015, she fired a series of tweets in which she alleged that she was raped by a top Hollywood executive. She also alleged that a female criminal attorney told her that she won’t win the sexual assault case as she has done a s*x scene in the movie.
- In June 2015, she alleged that she was dropped by her agent after she pointed out sexism in the casting call made for Adam Sandler’s movie. The casting call required actors to show cleavage with the push-up bras.
- In 2011, she suffered a hairline fracture on her baby toe due to wearing high heel shoes for 14 to 15 hours a day during the shooting.
- In June 2016, she slammed 20th Century Fox for promoting casual violence against women because of the posters of X-Men: Apocalypse, which depicted Oscar Isaac’s Apocalypse strangling Jennifer Lawrence’s Mystique.
- She spent much of her early childhood traveling along with Children of God group’s communes. They mostly traveled to Europe.
- She had some pretty rough teenage years. Early in her teens, she lived in Portland as a runaway teenager and often socialized with a group of drag queens in the city.
- She had done an audition for the role of Lisa Rowe in the 1999 movie Girl, Interrupted. However, Angelina Jolie was instead hired for the role.
- She was cast in her iconic role of Prue Halliwell in the TV series Charmed after the show producers had decided to fire Shannen Doherty when she had refused to sign a two-year contract extension.
- In 2002, she was placed on the 39th spot by the Stuff Magazine in the list featuring 102 Sexiest Women in the World.
- To prepare for her role of Ann-Margret in the miniseries Elvis, she repeatedly watched 1964 comedy, Viva Las Vegas, which had Ann-Margret and Elvis Presley in the lead roles.
- She has been an active supporter of the LGBT cause and has participated in campaigns against Proposition 8.
- On February 7, 2018, Jill Messick, McGowan’s manager at the time of the alleged rape in 1997, committed suicide. Messick’s family blamed Weinstein, the media, the public and McGowan for her death.
- In January 2019, McGowan pleaded no contest to a misdemeanour drug charge in Virginia after cocaine was found in a wallet she left behind at Dulles International Airport two years previously. She received a $2,500 fine and a suspended jail sentence.