Rosamund Pike is an English actress who began her acting career by appearing in stage productions such as Romeo and Juliet and Skylight. Her portrayal of Amy Elliott Dunne in David Fincher’s Gone Girl earned her international acclaim and won her Academy Award for Best Actress and Golden Globe Award for Best Actress nominations besides other several awards.
Rosamund Mary Elizabeth Pike
Birthday / Date of Birth
Rosamund Pike was born on 27 January 1979, in Hammersmith, London, England.
She’s currently 39 years old.
Probably she practices Christianity.
During her high school days, she won a scholarship to Badminton School in Bristol. After completing high school, she enrolled at Wadham College, Oxford, from which she graduated with a degree in English Literature.
- Father – Julian Pike (Opera Singer)
- Mother – Caroline (née Friend) (Opera Singer)
- Siblings – She’s the only child.
Boyfriend / Spouse
Rosamund Pike dated –
- Simon Woods (1998-2002) – Pike dated fellow actor Simon Woods from 1998 to 2002. They later appeared in the 2005 movie Pride & Prejudice.
- Jamie Theakston (2003) – English radio and TV presenter, Jamie Theakston dated Pike in 2003 after they were introduced by a mutual friend.
- Joe Wright (2005-2008) – Rosamund started dating British film director Joe Wright in 2005. After dating for a couple of years, the couple engaged in August 2007. The couple was set to marry in 2008, but they called off their marriage before that big day.
- Robie Uniacke (2009-Present) – Rosamund has been dating cinematographer Robie Uniacke since 2009, with whom she has two sons named Solo and Atom. Robie is almost 20 years older than her.
- In feet – 5 feet 8.5 inches
- In centimeters – 174 cm
- In meters – 1.74 m
- In Kilograms – 59 kg
- In Pounds – 130 lbs
- Measurements – 35-24-35
- Bust – 35 inches
- Waist – 24 inches
- Hip – 35 inches
- Bra Size – 32C
She wears a size 7 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 4 (US).
Best Known For
Her performance in Die Another Day (2002), Pride & Prejudice (2005), Barney’s Version (2010).
For playing the Bond girl Miranda Frost in the Die Another Day, twentieth spy film in the James Bond series in 2002.
In 1999, she appeared in the BBC serial Wives and Daughters for her role as Lady Harriet Cumnor in this miniseries.
She has endorsed several brands and product throughout her career including LK Bennett and Revlon.
Rosamund Pike Favorites
- Favorite Perfume – Strange Invisible Perfumes
- Favorite Beauty Icon – Cate Blanchett
Rosamund Pike Net worth
Rosamund has a net worth of $10 million dollars as of 2019.
Social Media Profiles
- Facebook – Rosamund Pike
- Instagram – rosamundpike
- Twitter – Rosamund Pike
Some Lesser Known Facts About Rosamund Pike
- She is good friends with Chelsea Clinton, daughter of former U.S. president Bill Clinton. She met her during her college time in Wadham College in Oxford. Moreover, both Rosamund and Chelsea are of the same height (approx.) and are the only children of their parents.
- She’s a skilled cellist.
- She also won a scholarship to Badminton School in Bristol.
- Pike also went to the same school as the Irish writer Iris Murdoch.
- She played the blond girl in 2002 film Die Another Day. For this role, she beat Alicia Silverstone, Saffron Burrows, and Sophie Ellis-Bextor.
- She started the filming for the 2013 movie The World’s End, after four months of giving birth to her son Solo.
- Rosamund narrated a James Bond audio book called The Spy Who Loved Me.
- In 2014, her performance in the psychological thriller film Gone Girl was met with widespread critical acclaim and she was awarded the Saturn Award for Best Actress and was nominated for the Academy Award for Best Actress, the BAFTA Award for Best Actress in a Leading Role, the Golden Globe Award for Best Actress in a Motion Picture – Drama, and the Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Leading Role.
- In 2015, she signed an open letter for which the ONE Campaign had been collecting signatures; the letter was addressed to Angela Merkel and Nkosazana Dlamini-Zuma, urging them to focus on women as they would serve as the head of the G7 in Germany and the AU in South Africa, respectively, which would start to set the priorities in development funding before a main UN summit in September 2015, supposed to establish new development goals for the generation.
- In August 2018, Pike, in an interview to the UK’s The Independent, revealed that she was asked to strip to her underwear during an audition for the 2002 James Bond film Die Another Day. Though she declined to strip, she got her part as a double-crossing spy Miranda Frost in the film.