Regina King is an American actress and television director. She is the recipient of various accolades, including an Academy Award, a Golden Globe Award and three Primetime Emmy Awards. In 2018, her performance as Sharon Rivers in the film If Beale Street Could Talk earned her the Academy Award and Golden Globe Award for Best Supporting Actress. Time magazine named King one of the 100 most influential people in the world in 2019.
Regina Rene King
Actress, Television Director
Birthday / Date of Birth
Regina King was born on the 15th of January 1971, in Cincinnati, Ohio, United States.
She’s currently 48 years old.
King attended Westchester High School in Los Angeles and graduating in 1988. Later attended the University of Southern California.
- Father – Thomas King (Electrician)
- Mother – Gloria King (Special Education Teacher)
- Siblings – Reina King (Younger Sister) (Actress)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Regina King has dated –
- Ian Alexander Sr. (1997-2007) – Regina got married to former recording artist and distributor, Ian Alexander Sr. in 1997. They had been dating for some time before they decided to take their relationship to the next level. In fact, she had given birth to a son, Ian Alexander Jr. a year before their marriage. Their marriage lasted for nearly a decade before things started to fall apart for them. They had separated in 2006 with Regina accusing him of cheating on her and physically abusing her. She also mentioned his drug abuse in the divorce filings. However, after their divorce in 2007, they patched up as she didn’t want their son to suffer because of her parents.
- Malcolm-Jamal Warner (2008-2013) – Regina had known Malcolm-Jamal Warner since the 80’s when they were both working as child actors in the industry. They turned their close friendship into something serious in 2008. In a 2011 interview, King credited their similar professional background for the stability of their relationship. At the end of 2011, it was rumored that they got engaged, which was refuted by both parties. However, their relationship came to a shocking end in early 2013. In February 2013, he had asked King and her teenage son to move out of his house. In a 2015 interview, she hinted that Malcolm had dumped her on Valentine’s eve.
- In feet – 5 feet 3 inches
- In centimeters – 160 cm
- In meters – 1.60 m
- In Kilograms – 55 kg
- In Pounds – 121 lbs
- Measurements – 35-26-35
- Bust – 35 inches
- Waist – 26 inches
- Hip – 35 inches
- Bra Size – 32C
She wears a size 6.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 5 (US).
Playing the role of Lydia Adams in the crime drama series, Southland.
In 1991, she first appeared in the teen drama movie Boyz n the Hood for her role as Shalika.
In 1985, King began her acting career playing the role of Brenda Jenkins on the television series 227, a role she played until the show ended in 1990.
Regina King has been seen in the TV commercials for Procter & Gamble (Lent her voice to the commercial), Beauty with Benefits advert for QVC & Awlays (2007) (Voiceover).
Regina King Favorites
- Favorite Movie – The Sandlot (1993)
- Favorite Acting Mentor – Marla Gibbs
- Favorite Vacation Spot – Cabo San Lucas, Cancun, Playa Del Carmen
- Favorite Mexican Resort – Villa del Palmar in Cancun
- Favorite Weekend Getaway – Las Vegas
- Favorite Cities – Chicago, Los Angeles
- Favorite Hotels – Banyan Tree Mayakoba in Playa del Carmen, Villa del Palmar in Cancun, Four Seasons Resort in Bali, Trump Hotel Central Park in New York City, Meadowood Napa Valley in California
- Favorite Restaurant – Perch in Los Angeles
- Favorite Food – Sweets, Fried Food
- Favorite Guilty Pleasure – Cooking Food
Regina King Net worth
Regina King has a estimated net worth of $12 million dollars as of 2019.
Social Media Profiles
- Instagram – iamreginaking
- Twitter – Regina King
Some Lesser Known Facts About Regina King
- The meaning of her first name in Latin is Queen. Her sister’s first name Reina was inspired by the Spanish word of similar meaning.
- She only had to narrate three lines in front of casting director at the audition for Boyz ’N the Hood to earn a meeting with producer and director of the show.
- She got enrolled at the University of Southern California after having appeared in five seasons of 227 because she considered acting as a hobby, not a career choice that she would pursue.
- In 1995, she was featured in the hit comedy film Friday.
- In 1996, she starred in the Martin Lawrence dark comedy-romance A Thin Line Between Love and Hate as Mia.
- In August 1998, she opened her restaurant, Paio in Los Angeles. She had to collaborate with different investors to raise funds for the venture.
- In 2010, she wrote a short article for the Huffington Post, in which she lambasted the Emmy Awards for lack of diversity in their award nominations for that year.
- In September 2015 and September 2016, King won the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Limited Series or a Movie for American Crime.
- In 2018, she played the role of the mother of a murdered black teenager in Netflix original series Seven Seconds, winning her third Primetime Emmy Award.