Oracene Price is an American tennis coach. She is best known for being both the mother and coach of Venus and Serena Williams, regarded among the best tennis players of all time. Price’s coaching is arguably overlooked because of her role as a mother, however as a coach she’s been described as underappreciated.
Birthday / Date of Birth
Oracene Price was born on the 3rd of April 1952, in Saginaw, Michigan, United States.
She is currently 70 years old.
She is of African-American descent.
Oracene graduated from Buena Vista High School and later went on to attend Western Michingan University.
- Father – Albert Price
- Mother – Ora-Lee Price
- Siblings – Unknown
Boyfriend / Spouse
Oracene Price has dated –
- Yusef Rasheed (?–1979) – Price was married to Yusef Rasheed. In 1979, after her first husband Rasheed’s death, while working as a nurse.
- Richard Williams (1980–2002) – Oracene married Richard Williams the same year. In 1980, They got married and had two daughters; Venus Williams (born on 17the of June 1980) and Serena Williams (born on 26t h of September 1981). In 2002, Price had separated from her husband Richard Williams.
- In feet – 4 feet 0 inches
- In centimeters – 122 cm
- In meters – 1.22 m
- In Kilograms – 58.5 kg
- In Pounds – 129 lbs
- Measurements –36-24-34
- Bust –36 inches
- Waist –24 inches
- Hip –34 inches
- Bra Size –34C
She wears a size 6 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 8 (US).
Price is famous for being both the mother and coach of Venus and Serena Williams, who are both widely regarded among the best tennis players of all time.
Oracene Price Net worth
Oracene Price has an estimated net worth of $1.5 million dollars as of 2022.
Some Lesser Known Facts About Oracene Price
- Oracene is likewise effectively working for different foundation establishments and causes and has additionally headed out with her girls to numerous nations for the equivalent. She is nicknamed “Liquor”.
- She depicted herself just like a “uncontrolled women’s activist” when managing what she accepts to be the excessively sexualized pictures of ladies in the media.
- During an elimination round match among Serena and Justine Henin at the 2003 French Open, Williams was booed by fans after a grievance about a line call. Cost accepts that the boos were spurred by race, saying “We, as individuals of color, live with this constant.
- Price was portrayed by Aunjanue Ellis in the 2021 biopic King Richard. Ellis was nominated for the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress for her performance while the film itself was nominated for the Academy Award for Best Picture.
- Price’s coaching has arguably been overshadowed by her role as mother, but as a coach she has been called underappreciated. Price is not a coach in a traditional sense (though she did learn tennis herself to help teach her daughters the technical aspects of the game) and is instead credited, along with Richard for helping to build a solid foundation of self-esteem and outside interests for her daughters.
- Venus and Serena’s “poise under pressure” is often credited to the self-belief instilled in them by their mother. “There’s no such thing as pressure,” says Price.