Olivia Colman is an English actress. Olivia has won 4 BAFTA Awards and 2 Golden Globe Awards. Olivia rose to fame with her comedic portrayal as Sophie Chapman in Peep Show. Olivia is widely recognized for her role as Queen Elizabeth II in Netflix Series, The Crown. She won an Oscar for the Best Performance in Leading Role Female for the film, The Favorite.
Sarah Caroline Olivia Colman
Birthday / Date of Birth
Olivia Colman was born on the 30th of January 1974, in Norwich, Norfolk, England, United Kingdom.
She’s currently 46 years old.
London, England, United Kingdom
Multiracial (White & Asian)
Olivia was educated at the Norwich High School for Girls and then attended Gresham’s School. Colman also studied at Homerton College in Cambridge before studying acting at the Bristol Old Vic Theatre School.
- Father – Keith Colman (Chartered Surveyor)
- Mother – Mary Colman (Nurse)
- Siblings – Unknown
- Relatives – Alexander Graham Leakey (Maternal Grandfather), Patricia Wiggins (Maternal Grandmother), John Bristow (Maternal Great Grandfather) (Merchant & Politician), Percy Colman (Paternal Grandfather), Caroline Colman (Paternal Grandmother)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Olivia Colman has dated –
- Ed Sinclair (2001-Present) – Olivia met actor and writer, Ed Sinclair, while studying at Cambridge University. It was love at first sight for her. In 2001, they tied the knot and are blessed with 3 children – two sons, Hal Joseph Sinclair (born August 2005), Finn Sinclair (born August 2007) and a daughter (born August 2015).
- In feet – 5 feet 7 inches
- In centimeters – 170 cm
- In meters – 1.7 m
- In Kilograms – 58 kg
- In Pounds – 128 lbs
- Measurements – 34-26-35
- Bust – 34 inches
- Waist – 24 inches
- Hip – 35 inches
- Bra Size – 34B
She wears a size 8.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 5 (US).
Olivia known to fame with her comedic portrayal as Sophie Chapman in Peep Show. Olivia is widely recognized for her role as Queen Elizabeth II in Netflix Series, The Crown. She received critical acclaim and won an Oscar for the best performance in leading role female for the film, The Favorite. She has won an Academy Award, a British Academy Film Award, two Critics Choice Movie Awards, three British Academy Television Awards and three Satellite Awards.
In 2004, Olivia made her debut as a voice actress in the English version of the animated film, Terkel in Trouble as Terkel’s Mum.
In 2005, Olivia made her feature film debut in the comedy film, Zemanovaload as a TV Producer.
In 2000, Olivia made her first television show appearance in the comedy series, Bruiser.
Olivia Colman has done endorsement work for several brands such as The National Lottery, AA Car Insurance, AA Car Loans & Danone Actimel.
Olivia Colman Favorites
Her favorite things are unknown.
Olivia Colman Net worth
Olivia Colman has an estimated net worth of $6 million dollars as of 2020.
Social Media Profiles
She doesn’t any social media profiles.
Some Lesser Known Facts About Olivia Colman
- At 16, Olivia gave her first performance in a school production of The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie as Jean Brodie.
- Olivia has performed in several theaters like London including Olivier Theatre, Noël Coward Theatre and the Royal National Theatre.
- Olivia has won an Academy Award, a British Academy Film Award, two Critics Choice Movie Awards.
- In 2003, Olivia first came to prominence for her supporting role as Sophie Chapman in the Channel 4 comedy series Peep Show.
- In 2005, Olivia started as Pam Bachelor in the TV series, Look Around You.
- In 2006, she Played various roles in That Mitchell and Webb look alongside her Peep Show co-stars, David Mitchell & Robert Webb.
- In 2007, Colman starred as Alice in the comedy Grow Your Own and PC Doris Thatcher in the action comedy Hot Fuzz.
- In October 2008, Colman appeared in the BBC sitcom Beautiful People based on the life of Simon Doonan as Debbie Doonan, Simon’s mother.
- In 2009, she made her acting debut as Olivia in mock musical documentary film, Le Donk & Scor-zay-zee directed by Shane Meadows.
- In 2012, Olivia played the role as Queen Elizabeth in the historical comedy-drama film, Hyde Park on Hudson directed by Roger Michell.
- In December 2014, Colman was involved in a BBC Radio documentary about the plight of women in Afghanistan on behalf of Amnesty International UK.
- In 2015, she portrays role of Hotel Manager in the absurdist dystopian black comedy film, The Lobster.
- In 2015, Colman starred in Yorgos Lanthimos’ absurdist dystopian film The Lobster with Rachel Weisz and Colin Farrell for which she was nominated for the London Film Critics’ Circle Award for Supporting Actress of the Year and won the BIFA Award for Best Supporting Actress.
- In 2017, Olivia made her acting debut with the film, Murder on the Orient Express in which she played the role of Hildegard Schmidt.
- In October 2017, Colman was cast as Queen Elizabeth II in the third and fourth season of the Netflix historical drama series The Crown.
- In 2018, Colman starred as Queen Anne in Lanthimos’ film The Favourite opposite Emma Stone and Rachel Weisz. In preparation for the role, she gained 2st 7 lb (35 lb or 16 kg) in weight.
- In 2020, Olivia made her acting by playing the role of Anne in the drama film, The Father directed by Florian Zeller.