Nikki Blonsky is an American actress, singer and dancer. She is best known for her role as Tracy Turnblad in the film Hairspray and as Maggie Baker in the 2008 film Queen Sized. She was honored with multiple award nominations including a Golden Globe Award for Best Lead Actress – Comedy or Musical, SAG Award for Outstanding Performance.
Nicole Margaret Blonsky
Actress, Singer, Dancer, LGBTQ Advocate, Public Speaker
Birthday / Date of Birth
Nikki Blonsky was born on the 9th of November 1988, in Great Neck, New York, United States.
She’s currently 31 years old.
Franklin Square, New York, United States
She has Ashkenazi Jewish ancestry on her father’s side and part Irish and part Czech ancestry on her mother’s side.
Nikki attended the Great Neck North Middle School. After that, she studied for one year at the John L. Miller Great Neck North High School in New York. Later, she completed her schooling from a Village School. Nikki was part of the William A. Shine Great Neck South High School‘s theatre program.
- Father – Karl Blonsky (Municipal Employee)
- Mother – Karen Smeja Blonsky (School Teacher)
- Siblings – Joey Blonsky (Younger Brother)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Nikki Blonsky has dated –
- Zac Efron (2007) – In 2007, rumors began to spread of co-stars Zac Efron and Nikki finding love on the set of Hairspray. People further sought to believe in the speculations after the couple shared an intimate kiss on television during a talk show. However, the rumor was later put to an end as during that time, Zac was dating actress Vanessa Hudgens.
- Tommy Potoeski (2011) – In 2011, Nikki was spotted kissing aspiring actor Tommy Potoeski at a restaurant. Tommy even identified himself her boyfriend while they were there. However, in June that year, her representative stated via Twitter, that she was happily single.
- In feet – 4 feet 10 inches
- In centimeters – 148 cm
- In meters – 1.48 m
- In Kilograms – 90 kg
- In Pounds – 198 lbs
- Measurements – 38-33-39
- Bust – 38 inches
- Waist – 33 inches
- Hip – 39 inches
- Bra Size – 36B
She wears a size 6.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 12 (US).
Nikki is best known for her role as Tracy Turnblad in the film Hairspray and as Maggie Baker in the 2008 film Queen Sized. She is also known for her starring role in the ABC Family original series, Huge.
In 2007, Nikki made her debut film appearance as Tracy Turnblad in Hairspray. In 2018, As a voice actress, Nikki made her feature film debut as Lady Paw Paw in Pup Star: World Tour.
In April 2007, Nikki made her first television show appearance on Rove Live.
Nikki Blonsky Favorites
- Favorite Actor – Burt Reynolds
- Favorite Thing to Do in Her Free Time – Go Fishing
- Favorite Food – Hot Dogs
Nikki Blonsky Net worth
Nikki Blonsky has an estimated net worth of $1 million dollars as of 2020.
Social Media Profiles
- Instagram – nikkiblonsky
- Twitter – Nikki Blonsky
Some Lesser Known Facts About Nikki Blonsky
- Nikki began taking vocal lessons when she was 8 years old but started singing at the mere age of 3.
- She was 18 years old when she worked at Cold Stone Creamery.
- Nikki was informed of being cast in Hairspray, while she was working her shift at Cold Stone Creamery. Her reaction was broadcasted on Entertainment Tonight.
- Nikki started her very own collection of Jewellery for the Home Shopping Network in the past.
- Nikki once performed at the Gay Pride Parade in San Francisco.
- In June 22, 2008, she sang the American National Anthem in the pre-race ceremony at the 2008 Toyota/Save Mart 350 at Infineon Raceway.
- In 2009, Nikki made a guest appearance on Ugly Betty in the episode Dressed for Success.
- She had earned many awards and was nominated for a Golden Globe Award.
- In 2011, Blonsky earned a cosmetology license and began working part-time as a hairstylist and make-up artist in her hometown of Great Neck, New York in between acting auditions.
- In 2013, Nikki appeared in two episodes of the NBC Broadway drama series, Smash.
- In 2017, Nikki stated that she had been playing softball as a catcher for about 9 years.