Nicolas Cage is an American actor and filmmaker. Cage starred in a variety of films such as Rumble Fish, Valley Girl, Racing with the Moon, Birdy, Peggy Sue Got Married, Raising Arizona, Moonstruck, Vampire’s Kiss, Wild at Heart, Fire Birds, Honeymoon in Vegas and Red Rock West.
Cage received an Academy Award, a Golden Globe and Screen Actors Guild Award for his performance as an alcoholic Hollywood writer in Leaving Las Vegas before coming to the attention of wider audiences with mainstream films, such as The Rock, Face/Off, Con Air, Snake Eyes and City of Angels.
In October 1997, Cage was ranked No. 40 in Empire magazine’s The Top 100 Movie Stars of All Time list, while the next year, he was placed No. 37 in Premiere’s 100 most powerful people in Hollywood. He earned his second Academy Award nomination for his performance as Charlie and Donald Kaufman in Adaptation.
Cage also directed the film Sonny, for which he was nominated for Grand Special Prize at Deauville Film Festival. Cage owns the production company Saturn Films and has produced films such as Shadow of the Vampire and The Life of David Gale. He has also appeared in National Treasure, Lord of War, Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans and Kick-Ass. Films such as Ghost Rider and Knowing were box office successes.
Nicolas Kim Coppola
Birthday / Date of Birth
Nicolas Cage was born on the 7th of January 1964, in Long Beach, California, United States.
He’s currently 56 years old.
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
Cage is of Italian-German-Polish descent.
Cage studied at Beverly Hills High School but he was never really interested in academics because he wanted to act from a very young age. Thus, he dropped out of school and joined UCLA School of Theater, Film and Television. His first non-cinematic acting experience was in a school production of Golden Boy.
- Father – August Coppola (Literature Professor)
- Mother – Joy (Vogelsang) (Dancer and Choreographer)
- Siblings – Marc Coppola (Older Brother) (Actor, DJ), Christopher Coppola (Older Brother) (Film Director)
- Relatives – Carmine Coppola (Paternal Grandfather) (Composer), Italia Pennino (Paternal Grandmother) (Actress), Talia Shire (Aunt) (Actress), Francis Ford Coppola (Uncle) (Film Director, Producer and Screenwriter), Roman Coppola (Cousin) (Film Director and Screenwriter), Sofia Coppola (Cousin) (Actress, Director, Producer, Screenwriter), Gian-Carlo Coppola (Cousin) (Film producer), Robert Carmine (Cousin) (Actor), Jason Schwartzman (Cousin) (Actor), Anton Coppola (Great Uncle) (Composer), Gia Coppola (Cousin) (Film Producer)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Nicolas Cage has dated –
- Brooke Shields (1987) – Cage had a fling with actress Brooke Shields in December 1987.
- Ami Dolenz (1988) – In 1988, Cage was seen romancing with actress Ami Dolenz.
- Christina Fulton (1988-1990) – From 1988 to 1990, the actors Christina Fulton and Nicolas Cage were an item. Through this relationship, he has one child, Weston Coppola Cage (b. December 26, 1990).
- Lisa Stothard (1990-1991) – After splitting from Christina, Nick then dated actress Lisa Stothard for a couple of months from 1990 to 1991.
- Maria Conchita Alonso (1991-1992) – Actress Maria Conchita Alonso who is about 6 years his senior dated Nicolas for some time in 1991 and 1992.
- Kristen Zang (1992-1994) – Nicolas and actress Kristen Zang started dating in October 1992. They were briefly engaged in 1993, before finally calling off their engagement in 1994.
- Patricia Arquette (1994-2001) – In April 1994, Cage commenced dating actress Patricia Arquette. They tied knots in April 1995. But this relationship also saw an end in February 2000 after 5 years of marriage. The divorce was finalized in May 2001.
- Lisa Marie Presley (2002) – In August 2002, Nick started dating singer and actress Lisa Marie Presley. They got married on August 10, 2002, and applied for divorce on November 25, 2002, just after 3½ months. The divorce was finalized on May 16, 2004. Divorce proceedings took more time than the marriage itself.
- Alice Kim (2004-2016) – In January 2004, he started dating waitress named, Alice Kim. He met her in a Sushi bar where she was working as a waitress. After dating her for a couple of months, the duo got married on July 30, 2004, in Northern California. This was Nicolas’s third wedding. The couple has one child together, son Kal-El (b. October 3, 2005). The pair split in January 2016 and filed for divorce which was finalized in the same year.
- Erika Koike (2018-2019) – In April 2018, Nicolas was first seen with a girl named, Erika Koike which sparked dating rumors. He took his relationship to the next level by getting married to Erika in March 2019 in Las Vegas. This was his 4th marriage. Even, this marriage didn’t last long and he asked for a divorce just 4 days after the marriage on March 27, 2019.
- In feet – 6 feet 0 inches
- In centimeters – 183 cm
- In meters – 1.83 m
- In Kilograms – 90 kg
- In Pounds – 199 lbs
His shoe size is 12.5 (US).
His work in films Leaving Las Vegas (1995), The Rock (1996), Face/Off (1997), Con Air (1997), Gone in 60 seconds (2000), Adaptation (2002), National Treasure (2004), Lord of War (2005), Ghost Rider (2007), Kick-Ass (2010), Left Behind (2014) among others.
In 1982, Nicolas appeared in coming-of-age teen comedy film Fast Times at Ridgemont High for his role as Brad’s Bud.
In 1981, Nicolas appeared in a television pilot episode Best of Times for his role as Nic.
In 1999, Nick appeared in Sankyo pachinko machines commercials in Japan. Later in 2006, he was seen in Montblanc watches. He has also appeared in Senova car commercial.
Nicolas Cage Favorites
- Favorite Movies – East of Eden (1955), The Wizard of Oz (1939), A Streetcar Named Desire (1951), 2001: A Space Odyssey (1968), A Clockwork Orange (1971)
- Favorite Destination – Paris
Nicolas Cage Net worth
Nicolas Cage has an estimated net worth of $30 million dollars as of 2020.
Social Media Profiles
Cage doesn’t have any official social media page.
Some Lesser Known Facts About Nicolas Cage
- American actor, James Dean (who died at 24) was his inspiration to start acting.
- After getting inspired by Marvel Comics superhero Luke Cage and avoid nepotism, he changed his name to Nicolas Cage early enough.
- His birthday falls just one day before that of singer Elvis Presley of whom he is a big fan.
- He has worked as a popcorn seller in a film theater.
- Nicolas once owned a pet octopus.
- He has a lizard tattoo wearing a top hat on his back.
- In 1986, he starred in comedy-drama film opposite Kathleen Turner titled, Peggy Sue Got Married. This was once again directed by Francis Ford Coppola and the film became a huge-hit at the box office.
- As per some sources, Nick bought 22 cars in 2007. Out of these, 9 were Rolls Royce.
- In 1989, he won the Sitges Film Festival Award for Best Actor for the movie, Vampire’s Kiss.
- In 2001 he was presented an Honorary Doctorate in Fine Arts by the California State University.
- In 2004 he bought a property on Paradise Island, Bahamas.
- In 2006, he was seen in the horror film, The Wicker Man, which was a remake of the British classic of the same name.
- In May 2006, he bought a 40-acre (16 ha) island in the Exuma archipelago, some 85 miles (137 km) southeast of Nassau and close to a similar island owned by Faith Hill and Tim McGraw.
- In 2007, he created a comic book with his son Weston, called Voodoo Child, which was published by Virgin Comics. Cage is a fan and collector of painter and underground comic artist Robert Williams. He has written introductions for Juxtapoz magazine and purchased the painting Death on the Boards.
- In August 2007, Cage purchased Grey Craig, a 24,000-square-foot (2,200 m2) brick-and-stone country manor in Middletown, Rhode Island. With an estate occupying 26 acres (11 ha), the home has 12 bedrooms and 10 full bathrooms and overlooks the Atlantic Ocean.
- In November 2007, Cage was spotted backstage at a Ring of Honor wrestling show in New York City researching for the lead role for The Wrestler.
- In 2008, Cage appeared as Joe, a contract killer who undergoes a change of heart while on a work outing in Bangkok, in the film Bangkok Dangerous.
- In 2009, he won the Toronto Film Critics Association Award for Best Actor for The Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans.
- In November 2011, Cage sold his Action Comics 1 in an online auction for a record-breaking $2.16 million (the previous record being $1.5 million), to assist paying his tax liens and other debts. Cage purchased the comic in 1997 for $110,000.
- In 2014, Cage was once considered one of Hollywood’s highest-paid actors, earning $40 million in 2009 according to Forbes, although he failed to make Forbes’ Top 10 List.
- Cage has endorsed Andrew Yang for president in the 2020 election.