Neetu Chandra is an Indian actress, producer and theatre artist. She is also an established classical dancer and an active sportsperson, involved in the promotion of basketball in the country through her close association with the NBA and Taekwondo, being a fourth Dan black-belt. She has her own production house named Champaran Talkies, winning the National Award for the film Mithila Makhaan.
Actress, Producer, Model, Theatre Artist
Birthday / Date of Birth
Neetu Chandra was born on 20 June 1984, in Patna, Bihar, India.
She’s currently 35 years old.
She is of Bhojpuri descent.
Neetu was educated at the Notre Dame Academy, Patna and completed her undergraduate education at Delhi’s Indraprastha College.
- Father – Umesh Chandra Shrivastava
- Mother – Neera Chandra
- Siblings – Nitin Chandra (Older Brother) (Filmmaker), Abhishek Chandra (Younger Brother) (Fashion Designer)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Neetu Chandra has dated –
- Randeep Hooda (2010-2013) – Neetu began a relationship with actor Randeep Hooda in mid 2010 but the couple parted ways in 2013. Unfortunately, there’s no information on who she is currently dating.
- In feet – 5 feet 6 inches
- In centimeters – 168 cm
- In meters – 1.68 m
- In Kilograms – 55 kg
- In Pounds – 121 lbs
- Measurements – 34-26-33
- Bust – 34 inches
- Waist – 26 inches
- Hip – 33 inches
- Bra Size – 32B
She wears a size 8 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 5 (US).
In 2003, Neetu Chandra landed an uncredited role in the Telugu film ‘Vishnu’. She debuted Hindi film industry in 2005 with Garam Masala in which she portrayed the role of Sweety, an air-hostess. She also acted in Godavari, a Telugu film, in 2006. In 2007, She forayed into Bollywood starring as Rani in the film Traffic Signal. Her Tamil debut Yavarum Nalam alongside Madhavan was commercially successful, gaining her fame and a massive fan following.
Neetu has been hosting a popular film song based reality show, Rangoli on DD National since May 2017.
She has had been a face of several brand such as Hoop and appeared in TV commercials for Mysore Sandal Soap. In 2018, Chandra Becomes Community Ambassador For Patna Pirates in pro kabbadi league.
Neetu Chandra Favorites
- Favorite Actor – Aamir Khan
- Favorite Actress – Katrina Kaif, Priyanka Chopra
- Favorite Colors – Black, Green
Neetu Chandra Net worth
Neetu Chandra has a estimated net worth of $4 million dollars as of 2019. She lives in a plush apartment in the posh area of Mumbai. She owns an Audi A8 and a BMW.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Neetu Chandra
- After graduation, she moved to Mumbai to try her luck in modeling and acting. She was eventually signed by a modeling agency and started doing modeling gigs along with hunting for film offers.
- She has starred in Tamil, Hindi, Telugu and Kannada films.
- She holds two Dan black belts in Taekwondo and represented India in the 1997 World Taekwondo Championships in Hong Kong.
- Neetu Chandra is a Life Member of International Film And Television Club and International Film And Television Research Centre of Asian Academy of Film & Television.
- Neetu was featured on the cover of the January 2009 issue of Indian Maxim.
- In 2013, Chandra made her debut in theatre, in a play called Umrao, in which she played the title role.
- In 2013, she also worked in Greek movie ‘Block 12’.
- Neetu has appeared on the cover of the January 2009 issue of Indian Maxim and other magazines.
- She is an trained classical dancer.
- She also appeared in the music videos like ‘Rasiya Saajan’ (Ismail Darbar), ‘Aa Raha Hoon Main’, a remix of ‘Sajna Hai Mujhe’ etc.
- She won the National Award for the movie Mithila Makhaan, directed by her brother Nitin Chnadra.
- She has her own production house called ‘Champaran Talkies’.
- In May 2017, she worked as an anchor in ‘Rangoli’ on DD National.
- In 2018, Chandra Becomes Community Ambassador For Patna Pirates in pro kabbadi league.