Selma Blair is an American actress. She played a number of small roles in films and on television before obtaining recognition for her leading role in the film Brown’s Requiem. Her breakthrough came when she starred as Zoe Bean on the WB sitcom Zoe, Duncan, Jack and Jane and as Cecile Caldwell in the cult film Cruel Intentions. Blair continued to find success with the comedies Legally Blonde and The Sweetest Thing and achieved international fame with her portrayal of Liz Sherman in the big budget fantasy films Hellboy and Hellboy II: The Golden Army. In 2010, Blair narrated the audiobook The Diary of Anne Frank, earning a nomination for the Grammy Award for Best Spoken Word Album for Children.
Selma Blair Beitner
Birthday / Date of Birth
Selma Blair was born on June 23, 1972 in Southfield, Michigan, United States.
She is currently 46 years old.
Los Angeles, California, United States
Selma went to Hillel Day School in Farmington Hills, Michigan. She subsequently took admission into Cranbrook Kingswood in Bloomfield Hills. Then, she studied photography at Kalamazoo College in Kalamazoo, Michigan. Selma was enrolled into New York University for further studies and simultaneously, she was taking acting classes at Stella Adler Conservatory. She also learned acting from the Column Theatre and the Stonestreet Screen Acting Workshop. Finally, she returned back to her city Michigan to complete her education and graduated magna cum laude from the University of Michigan in 1994.
- Father – Elliot I. Beitner (Attorney, Labor Arbitrator) (Died in 2012 at the age of 82)
- Mother – Molly Ann (née Cooke) Beitner (Judge)
- Siblings – Katherine Beitner (Older Sister), Marie Beitner (Older Sister), Elizabeth Beitner (Older Sister)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Selma Blair dated –
- Jason Schwartzman (2001) – The two actors Jason Schwartzman and Selma dated briefly in 2001 when both of their careers were starting to take off.
- Ahmet Zappa (2002-2006) – In 2002, she commenced dating musician, writer and music producer Ahmet Zappa. After dating for a year, the couple got engaged in October 2003. The couple got married on January 24, 2004. But, after just more than two years of successful married life, the couple split and Selma filed for divorce on June 21, 2006, which was finalized in December 2006. They are still good friends.
- Johnny Messner (2006-2008) – The Sweetest Thing co-stars Johnny Messner and Selma were romantically linked to each other from 2006 to 2008.
- Mikey Day (2008-2009) – This time Selma started dating her Kath & Kim co-star, Mikey Day in December 2008. Their on-screen romance was brought to off-screen as well in late 2008. They continued dating each other until late 2009.
- Josh Groban (2010) – In July 2010, Selma was seen with 9 years her junior, musician Josh Groban. They were pictured at The Grove in Los Angeles going for a movie date.
- Jason Bleick (2010-2012) – In 2010, Blair was romancing fashion designer, Jason Bleick after they worked on EVER fashion line. Soon, she was pregnant with her first child. Selma gave birth to son Arthur Saint Bleick on July 25, 2011. Next year, in September 2012, the couple called it quits.
- Ron Carlson (2015-Present) – In February 2015, filmmaker Ron Carlson and Selma were first linked together. They split after dating for some time. They again made the news in October 2018 when they were seen kissing at the Studio City Farmers Market.
- David Foster (2016) – In March 2016, Selma sparked dating rumors after she was spotted with Canadian musician David Foster on a dinner date.
- Feet – 5 feet 4 inches
- Centimeters – 163 cm
- Meters – 1.63 m
- Kilograms – 52 kg
- Pounds – 115 lbs
- Measurements – 34-23-33
- Bust – 34 inches
- Waist – 23 inches
- Hip – 33 inches
- Bra Size – 32B
She wears a size 7 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 4 (US).
Playing Liz Sherman in the supernatural superhero film series Hellboy.
She appeared in 1996 film The Broccoli Theory for her role as Pretzel Cart Lesbian.
In 1995, Selma guest appeared in the Nickelodeon children’s series The Adventures of Pete & Pete for her role as Penelope Ghiruto in an episode entitled “Das Bus.”
She has appeared in a commercial for the EA games’ The Sims Online video game in 2002, GAP clothing‘s Merry Mix It with Rainn Wilson, etc. She narrated London Olympics 2012 ads and Xfinity ads in 2012. She has also been seen in several print ads such as Chanel (2005), Skin cancer campaign (2006).
Awards & Nominations
|1999||Teen Choice Awards||Nominated||Choice TV: Breakout Star||Zoe, Duncan, Jack and Jane|
|2000||MTV Movie Awards||Nominated||Breakthrough Female Performance||Cruel Intentions|
|2000||MTV Movie Awards||Won||Best Kiss||Cruel Intentions|
|2000||Young Hollywood Awards||Won||Exciting New Face – Female|
|2002||Teen Choice Awards||Nominated||Choice Movie: Actress Comedy||The Sweetest Thing|
|2002||Young Hollywood Awards||Won||Next Generation|
|2003||DVD Exclusive Awards||Nominated||Best Actress||Highway|
|2005||Fangoria Chainsaw Awards||Nominated||Best Supporting Actress||Hellboy|
|2008||Scream Awards||Nominated||Best Actress – Fantasy Movie||Hellboy II: The Golden Army|
|2011||Grammy Award||Nominated||Best Spoken Word Album for Children||Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl: The Definitive Edition|
|2015||Operation Smile||Won||Universal Smile Award|
Selma Blair Favorites
- Favorite Beauty Product – Egyptian Magic
Selma Blair Net worth
Selma Blair net worth is estimated to be $15 million dollars as of 2019.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Selma Blair
- In 1993, she began training at acting schools in New York. She was discovered by an agent in acting class; subsequently, Blair signed with her.
- She has done smoking for about 20 years. When she was 23, her parents got divorced.
- She has a dog named, Ducky. She had another dog, having one eye named, Wink until February 2011 (died at that time).
- In an accident, she lost her childhood sweetheart in an accident in 1990 (at the age of 18).
- Selma is best friends with actress Reese Witherspoon.
- After watching the 1975 film Jaws, she developed a fear of water and sharks.
- Her first ever audition was for a cereal commercial in mid-1990.
- When she was studying in her freshman year, she wanted to become a horse trainer and ballerina.
- She enjoys doing horseback riding and ice skating.
- In high school, she used to go by the name “Blair” most of the times as she hated her first name.
- Her acting career has been influenced by Judy Davis, Sissy Spacek, Julie Hagerty.
- In February 2016, Blair appeared on the cover of CR Fashion Book magazine.
- In February 2018, Selma Blair presented parts of the collection of Christian Siriano celebrating his 10th stage anniversary in New York’s Masonic Hall during the Fashion Week 2018.
- In August 21, 2018, it was announced that Blair was cast in a recurring role on the upcoming Netflix drama series, Another Life.