Mouni Roy is an Indian film and television actress and model. She is best known for playing Krishna Tulsi in the Indian soap opera Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi, Sati in the mythological series Devon Ke Dev…Mahadev and Shivanya Ritik Singh and Shivangi Rocky Pratap Singh in Naagin. She also played Meera in Junoon, Aisi Nafrat Toh Kaisa Ishq. She was a contestant and finalist on Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa in 2014. She is a trained Kathak dancer. Her Bollywood debut is Gold opposite Akshay Kumar.
Birthday / Date of Birth
Mouni Roy was born on September 28, 1985 in Cooch Behar, West Bengal, India.
She is currently 33 years old.
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Indian / Asian
She has Bengali ancestry.
Mouni Roy went to the Kendriya Vidyalaya in Baburhat, Cooch Behar, where she studied till class 12. After completion of her school education, she got admission at the Jamia Millia Islamia to study mass communication on her parents’ insistence but she dropped out midway to focus on her acting career. She has also studied at the Miranda House, which is a women constituent college at the University of Delhi. She graduated from Miranda House with a degree in English Literature.
- Father – Anil Roy (Superintendent)
- Mother – Mukti Roy (Theatre Artist)
- Siblings – Mukhar Roy
- Relatives – Shekhar Chandra Roy (Grandfather) (Acclaimed Jatra theatre artist)
In 2017, Reshma Shetty started managing Mouni Roy’s career.
Boyfriend / Spouse
Mouni Roy has dated –
- Pulkit Samrat (2008) – In 2008, Mouni was reported to be in a relationship with actor Pulkit Samrat. It was claimed that the young co-stars had fallen for each other while working on the sets of the TV show, Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi.
- Gaurav Chopra (2008-2012) – Mouni and actor Gaurav Chopra started dating by the end of 2008. In 2009, they made their relationship public by participating in a reality show, Pati Patni Aur Woh. In the summer of 2011, Gaurav had ended their relationship and Mouni had started going out with Rishi Virmani, who had the written script for the movie Paa. However, they were soon seen together at a number of events. Their relationship eventually came to an end in the 2nd half of 2012.
- Mohit Raina (2012-Present) – Mouni started dating actor Mohit Raina in the last months of 2012. They had grown close while shooting for the TV show, Devon Ke Dev…Mahadev. On one occasion, Mouni had also posted pictures of her holding hands with Mohit at the gathering held at actress Aamna Sharif’s house. In January 2018, it was even reported that they were all set to get married.
- In feet – 5 fete 5 inches
- In centimeters – 165 cm
- In meters – 1.65 m
- In Kilograms – 51 kg
- In Pounds – 112 lbs
- Measurements – 34-24-36
- Bust – 34 inches
- Waist – 24 inches
- Hip – 36 inches
- Bra Size – 32B
She wears a shoe size 7 US.
Her dress size is 4 (US).
Being cast in the role of Shivangi Rocky Pratap Singh and Shivanya Ritik Singh in the Indian supernatural TV series, Naagin. Having appeared in a host of popular soap operas such as Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi, Devon Ke Dev…Mahadev, and Junoon – Aisi Nafrat Toh Kaisa Ishq. Having made appearances on a number of reality TV shows including Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 9, Bigg Boss 10, India’s Next Top Model 3 and So You Think You Can Dance.
In 2004, Mouni Roy first appeared in the Hindi film Run for a song, Nahi Hona Nahi Hona. She will be making her debut as a lead actress with the Hindi film Gold, which is scheduled to release in 2018.
Roy played the role of Krishnatulsi in the 2007 Indian soap opera Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi, which marked her entry into television industry. The series went on to air for two years on Star Plus. Since then, Roy has appeared in dozens of series.
She has appeared in few television commercials and print ads like Tulsi Hair Oil.
During the reality show “Pati Patni Aur Woh” she had some issues with actress Debina Bonnerjee.
- High cheekbones
- Fuller Lips
- Angular face
Mouni Roy Favorites
- Favorite Actor – Leonardo DiCaprio, Ryan Gosling, Shah Rukh Khan
- Favorite Actress – Madhuri Dixit
- Favorite Film – Harry Potter
- Favorite Song – ‘Lag Jaa Gale’ from the movie ‘Woh Kaun Thi’
- Favorite Destination – London & Paris
- Favorite Author – William Shakespeare
- Favorite Color – White
- Favorite Food – Khichdi, Mishti Doi, Kadi Chawal, Chinese food, Bhog food, Labra
- Favorite Place – Paris, London, few parts of Europe
- Favorite Brand – Wynk me (eyelashes), Body Shop, MAC, Lancôme
- Favorite Hobbies – Reading, Painting, Travelling, Sketching, Dancing
Mouni Roy Net worth
Roy has an estimated net worth of $2.5 million dollars as of 2019. She is one of the highest-paid actresses in the industry who makes Rs 1.25 lakh upwards per episode. Mouni Roy lives with her family in a exquisite luxury home in the posh area of Mumbai. She owns a white Mercedes Benz.
Social Media Portfolio
Some Lesser Known Facts About Mouni Roy
- She hails from a filmy background; as her mother, Mukti is a theater artist and her grandfather, Shekhar Chandra Roy was a renowned theater artist in West Bengal.
- She is a well-trained Kathak and Ballerina dancer. She was also the finalist of Jhalak Dikhla Jaa in 2014.
- She worked as a choreographer during her college days.
- Roy is a trained Kathak dancer as well as a Ballerina dancer.
- Sanjeeda Sheikh is her Bestie who is also a famous actress in television industry.
- Roy describes herself a foodie and travel freak. She also loves reading books and dancing.
- During her college days, she worked as a choreographer.
- She is passionate about reading novels, and whenever she travels, she prefers carrying one or two novels with her.
- She made a headstart to her career in Ekta Kapoor‘s sitcom Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi as Krishna Tulsi, and she became quite popular after her debut serial.
- Apart from being a dancer and an actress, she is a big art lover and loves doing painting and sketching during her leisure time.
- Mouni loves to dress up in Western wear skirts, shorts and she looks super beautiful and hot in them.
- Mouni shares a great bond with actress Sanjeeda Sheikh and considers her as her best friend.
- She has received a handful of awards during her stint in acting including a Star Parivaar Awards, a Golden Petal Award, and a Indian Telly Award.
- Mouni Roy has given voice over for the role of Sita in an animated film, Mahayodha Rama.
- She loves spending time with children. Whenever kids are around, she loves playing and enjoying with them.
- She has 2 pet dogs named Nawab and Rani.
- In 2008, she participated in the dance reality show Zara Nachke Dikha.
- She has also hosted the dance show “So You Think You Can Dance” and participated in the seventh season of dance reality show Jhalak Dekhla Ja.
- In 2018, she hit the big screen with her first lead in the Bollywood film, Gold alongside Akshay Kumar.