Max Minghella is an English actor and screenwriter who is well known for his role as Nick Blaine in the Hulu drama series The Handmaid’s Tale. Max starred alongside Blake Lively in Elvis and Anabelle and is known for his roles in The Internship, The Social Network, Bee Season, Art School Confidential, and The Ides of March. Max directed the music video Nothing More Than Everything To Me for Christopher Owens. His directorial debut was in 2018 with the movie Teen Spirit.
Max Giorgio Choa Minghella
Birthday / Date of Birth
Max Minghella was born on the 16th of September 1985, in London, England, United Kingdom.
He’s currently 36 years old.
Multiracial (White and Asian)
He is of Italian, Chinese, Sephardi Jewish, Parsi Indian, English, Irish, and Swedish descent.
Minghella attended St Anthony’s Preparatory School and University College School in Hampstead, London. He left his college degree to pursue his career in acting. He left the University College School for the National Youth Theatre. Max later went to Columbia University in Upper Manhattan, New York City, where he studied history and in 2009, he graduated from there.
- Father – Anthony Minghella
- Mother – Carolyn Jane Choa
- Siblings – Hannah Minghella (Sister)
- Relatives – Robert Kotewall (Maternal Great-Grandfather) (Hong Kong Legislator), Edana Minghella (Aunt), Anthony Minghella (Uncle), Dominic Minghella (Uncle), Edward Minghella (Paternal Grandfather), Gloria Alberta Arcari (Paternal Grandmother), George Wing Sien Choa (Maternal Grandfather), Maisie Nora Kotewall (Maternal Grandmother)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Max Minghella has dated –
- Leigh Lezark (2006-2009) – Leigh is a model and DJ known for being a member of The Misshapes. In 2006, Max and Leigh started dating. The couple dated for almost 3 years before breaking up. In 2009, they broke up.
- Kate Mara (2010-2014) – In 2010, Max and actress Kate Mara started dating. Their relationship lasted until 2014.
- Elle Fanning (2018-Present) – Actress Elle Fanning who is known for her role in Phoebe in Wonderland (2008), began dating Max. In August 2018, they started dating each other.
- In feet – 5 feet 10 inches
- In centimeters – 178 cm
- In meters – 1.78 m
- In Kilograms – 75 kg
- In Pounds – 166 lbs
He wears a size 8.5 (UK) shoe.
Minghella is famous for his roles in Bee Season (2005), Art School Confidential (2006), The Social Network (2010), The Internship (2013), Syriana (2005), Elvis and Anabelle (2007), The Ides of March (2011), The Internship (2013), Horns (2013), and Spiral (2021), as well as he has gained fame for his roles in Nick Blaine in the television series The Handmaid’s Tale (2017–present), which earned him a Primetime Emmy Award nomination.
In 2005, Max made his first theatrical film appearance in the role of Aaron in the movie, Bee Season.
In 2011, Max made his first TV show appearance as Himself on the television series, Made in Hollywood.
Minghella has endorsed several brands including Serial Pictures.
Max Minghella Net worth
Minghella has an estimated net worth of $3 million dollars as of 2022.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Max Minghella
- When he was in high school, most of his friends didn’t know that he was an actor because he only worked on films when he was on summer break.
- Till he was 16 years old, Max thought he was going to become a music video director because he believed in his early years that being an actor was an uncool thing.
- Minghella received a gift from Matt Damon on his 13th birthday. He received the Super-8 video camera during a visit to the set of The Talented Mr. Ripley, a movie which Max’s father directed.
- Max interest in becoming an actor peaked when he was in his teenage years. It happened when he saw This is Our Youth play at London’s West End. The role that Jake Gyllenhaal played was what inspired him.
- In 2003, the first Hollywood movie Max auditioned for was Pirates of the Caribbean. The director later sent a tape to his parents telling them that Max was not cut out for acting and told them to talk him out of it.
- In 2008, Max father died of a hemorrhage after an operation the previous week to get rid of cancer affecting his neck and tonsils. Max was really devastated about it. He and his father had really bonded over time.
- In June 2010, Minghella was cast in the Russian science-fiction film The Darkest Hour, released in December 2011. He appeared in the ensemble dramedy 10 Years (2012). The following year, he had a supporting role as Graham Hawtrey in the comedy The Internship.
- In November 2013, it was announced that Minghella would be playing Richie Castellano in the second season of the Fox sitcom The Mindy Project.
- In 2013, he appeared in the music video for Shot at the Night by The Killers.
- In 2018, Minghella made his directorial debut with the film Teen Spirit, in which the actress, Elle Fanning plays the lead role. Jamie Bell is an executive producer of the movie.
- In 2018, Max has also served as the writer film, Teen Spirit.
- In 2022, Minghella will star in the film Babylon.