Matt Smith is an English actor. He is best known for his roles as the eleventh incarnation of the Doctor in the BBC series Doctor Who & Prince Philip in the Netflix series The Crown, the latter of which earned him a Primetime Emmy Award nomination. In 2019, Matt had joined Edgar Wright’s Last Night in Soho.
Matthew Robert Smith
Birthday / Date of Birth
Matt Smith was born on the 28th of October 1982, in Northampton, Northamptonshire, England, United Kingdom.
He’s currently 37 years old.
Matt went to the Northampton School for Boys. After completing the school studies, he studied Drama and Creative Writing at the University of East Anglia, graduating in 2005.
- Father – David Smith
- Mother – Lynn Smith
- Siblings – Laura Jayne Smith (Sister) (Model)
- Relatives – Derek Fidler (Maternal Grandfather), Beryl M. Reed (Maternal Grandmother)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Matt Smith has dated –
- Billie Piper (2006) – In 2006, Matt was reported to be going out with actress and singer, Billie Piper. Their relationship came to public knowledge after a picture of them holding hands at the Surrey fete was discovered.
- Mayana Moura (2009-2008) – In January 2008, Matt had first met Brazilian actress and punk singer Mayana Moura at the fashionable Rio nightspot Club 00 during his vacations. They exchanged numbers and upon returning to England, Matt remained in touch with her. By the time he returned to Rio, he was deeply in love with her. They went on a serious date and afterward, Mayana went to England to be with him. He was introduced to her family in January 2009. However, by the mid of the year, they had decided to split. They found it hard to sustain their long-distance relationship.
- Lily James (2014-Present) – In May 2014, the murmurs of Matt and English actress Lily James being a couple first surfaced after they were pictured relaxing together during the Cannes film festival. However, their relationship was confirmed in the first week of October after they were pictured making outside a pub in London. In June 2017, they were reported to be all set to get engaged as they were spotted shopping for the engagement rings.
- In feet – 5 feet 11½ inches
- In centimeters – 182 cm
- In meters – 1.82 m
- In Kilograms – 73 kg
- In Pounds – 161 lbs
- Measurements – 38–13–30
- Chest – 38 in or 96.50 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 13 in or 33 cm
- Waist – 30 in or 76 cm
Matt is best known for his roles as the eleventh incarnation of the Doctor in the BBC series Doctor Who and Prince Philip in the Netflix series The Crown, the latter of which earned him a Primetime Emmy Award nomination.
In 2008, Matt made his first acting debut as Young Harry Waters in black comedy crime film, In Bruges written and directed by Martin McDonagh.
In 2006, Matt made his television show debut in a minor role in fantasy adventure series, The Ruby in the Smoke which was an adaptation of the book of the same name, written by Philip Pullman.
Matt Smith Favorites
- Favorite Actor – Johnny Depp
- Favorite Actress – Julia Roberts
- Favorite Most Admirable Person – His father and Grandfather
- Favorite Books – The Master And Margarita (By Mikhail Bulgakov), A Million Little Pieces (By James Frey)
- Favorite Music Band – Radiohead
- Favorite Soccer Club – Blackburn Rover FC
- Favorite Word – Snuggle
- Favorite Dream Dinner Party Guests – Albert Einstein, Marilyn Monroe, Frank Sinatra, Jennifer Lawrence and Eric Cantona
Matt Smith Net worth
Matt Smith has an estimated net worth of $9 million dollars as of 2020.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Matt Smith
- When he was 3 years old, Matt had a horrific accident as he fell under the pirate swing while riding it.
- His performance in the role of Bassoon in a theater production of The Master and Margarita helped him bag an agent.
- Matt was a talented soccer player and had played for the youth teams of his hometown club Northampton Town, Nottingham Forest and Leicester City.
- In 2007, his first major role in television came as Danny in the BBC series, Party Animals.
- In 2009, he starred in the short film, Together directed by Eicke Bettinga and starring Matt Smith.
- In 20 November 2014, it was announced that Smith would star in the action-thriller film Patient Zero.
- In June 2015, Smith was cast to portray Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh, in the Netflix royal drama, The Crown.
- In 2016, he played the role as Parson William Collins in the action comedy horror film, Pride and Prejudice and Zombies.
- In February 2019, Matt was announced that Matt had joined Edgar Wright’s Last Night in Soho alongside Thomasin McKenzie and Anya Taylor-Joy.