Mary Quant is a British fashion designer and fashion icon. She became an instrumental figure in the 1960s London-based Mod and youth fashion movements. In 1963, Quant was the first winner of the Dress of the Year award. In 2000, she resigned as director of Mary Quant Ltd, her cosmetics company, after a Japanese buy-out. In 2012, Mary was among the British cultural icons selected by artist Sir Peter Blake to appear in a new version of his most famous artwork – the Beatles’ Sgt.
Barbara Mary Quant
Fashion Designer, Fashion Icon
Birthday / Date of Birth
Mary Quant was born on the 11th of February 1930, in Blackheath, London, United Kingdom.
She’s currently 92 years old.
Mary studied from Blackheath High School. For college, her desire had been to study fashion; however, her parents dissuaded her from that course of study, and she instead studied illustration and art education at Goldsmiths College for which she received a degree in 195.
- Father – Jack Quant
- Mother – Mildred G. Jones
- Siblings – Unknown
Boyfriend / Spouse
Mary Quant had date –
- Alexander Plunkett-Greene (1957–1990) – In 1953, Mary met her future husband and business partner, Alexander Plunket Greene, grandson of Harry Plunket Greene. They were married from 1957 until his death in 1990, and had a son, Orlando.
- In feet – 5 feet 6 inches
- In centimeters – 168 cm
- In meters – 1.68 m
- In Kilograms – 56 kg
- In Pounds – 124 lbs
- Measurements –34-24-35
- Bust – 34 inches
- Waist – 24 inches
- Hip – 35 inches
- Bra Size –32D
She wears a size 8 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 5 (US).
Mary became known for her e miniskirt and hotpants fashion Design. A design and retail pioneer, she popularised super-high hemlines and other irreverent looks that were critical to the development of the Swinging Sixties scene.
Mary Quant Net worth
Mary Quant an estimated net worth of $22 million dollars as of 2022.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Mary Quant
- Mary hails from Blackheath, London, United Kingdom.
- She became an instrumental figure in the 1960s London-based Mod and youth fashion movements.
- She was one of the designers who took credit for the miniskirt and hotpants.
- Quant initially sold clothing sourced from wholesalers in her new boutique.
- In 1963, Mary was the first winner of the Dress of the Year award.
- In 1966, she was appointed Officer of the Order of the British Empire (OBE) for her outstanding contribution to the fashion industry.
- Quant is a fellow of the Chartered Society of Designers, and winner of the Minerva Medal, the society’s highest award.
- In 1988, Quant designed the interior of the Mini (1000) Designer.
- In 2000, she resigned as director of Mary Quant Ltd, her cosmetics company, after a Japanese buy-out. There are more than 200 Mary Quant Colour shops in Japan.
- In 2006, she received an honorary doctorate from Heriot-Watt University.
- In 2012, Quant was among the British cultural icons selected by artist Sir Peter Blake to appear in a new version of his most famous artwork – the Beatles’ Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band album cover – to celebrate the British cultural figures of his life.