Mae Whitman is an American actress, comedienne and singer. She began acting in commercials as a child, making her film debut at the age of six in the romantic drama When a Man Loves a Woman. She achieved recognition as a child actress for her supporting roles in One Fine Day, Independence Day and Hope Floats, her television role on Jag and her voice role as Katara on the animated series Avatar: The Last Airbender.
Mae Margaret Whitman
Actress, Singer, Voice Actress
Punk Rock, Indie Punk, Soundtrack, Holiday
Side One Dummy
Birthday / Date of Birth
Mae Whitman was born on the 9th of June 1988, in Los Angeles, California, United States.
She’s currently 34 years old.
She has German and English ancestry.
Mae attended Ribét Academy, a private preparatory school in Los Angeles. Later, she shifted to the Whitefish Bay High School from where she completed her high school education.
- Father – Jeffrey Whitman (Personal Manager and Set Construction Co-ordinator)
- Mother – Pat Musick (Voice Actress)
- Siblings – She is the only child.
Boyfriend / Spouse
Mae Whitman has dated –
- Haley Joel Osment (2002) – In 2002, Mae was rumored to be going out with the actor, Haley Joel Osment. It was claimed that they had grown closer while working as voice actors for the animated movie, The Jungle Book 2.
- Dov Tiefenbach (2008) – In 2008, as per some tabloid reports, Mae was going out with Canadian actor, Dov Tiefenbach.
- In feet – 5 feet 2 inches
- In centimeters – 157 cm
- In meters – 1.57 m
- In Kilograms – 56 kg
- In Pounds – 124 lbs
- Measurements – 34-28-35
- Bust – 34 inches
- Waist – 24 inches
- Hip – 35 inches
- Bra Size – 33B
She wears a size 6.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 6 (US).
Mae has starred as Annie Marks on the popular NBC drama, Good Girls (2008). She ventured into mature film roles with Scott Pilgrim vs. the World and The Perks of Being a Wallflower and made her leading role film debut in The DUFF for which she received critical praise and a Teen Choice Award nomination.
Whitman has performed Holiday songs, I Heard The Bells On Christmas Day and You Make Christmas Feel So Good for School’s Out! Christmas album. She has served as a guest vocalist for a couple of tracks of the indie-punk band Fake Problems’ studio album, Real Ghosts Caught on Tape.
In 1994, at the age of six, Mae made her film debut acting alongside Meg Ryan in When a Man Loves a Woman playing Ryan’s youngest daughter, Casey Green. In 2002, she made her film debut by voicing the character of a schoolgirl in the animated movie, The Wild Thornberrys Movie As a voice actress.
In 1996, Whitman made her first television show appearance in The Choice episode of the drama series, Early Edition.
Mae has used her social media posts to promote products and brands such as Tyson Chicken & Estate Jewelry Mama.
Mae Whitman Favorites
Her favorite things are unknown.
Mae Whitman Net worth
Mae Whitman has an estimated net worth of $5 million dollars as of 2023.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Mae Whitman
- Mae started her career with a voice-over for a Tyson Chicken commercial at the age of two.
- Mae has done extensive activism work for arts in education cause and has often traveled for related workshops and seminars.
- While Mae was in high school, she was often bullied and singled out for being a nerd and a tomboy.
- Mae has been a member of The Interstate 5 Tennis Association.
- Her role in her debut movie, When a Man Loves a Woman, she had to compete with over 700 other girls.
- Mae was cast in the role of Becca Sommers in the pilot of the TV series Bionic Woman.
- She has been an active and vocal supporter of gun control measures and has attended several public events and meetings to push the respective demands.
- In 1996, Whitman appeared in two films: Independence Day playing Bill Pullman’s daughter Patricia Whitmore and One Fine Day playing George Clooney’s daughter Maggie Taylor.
- In 1998, Mae played Sandra Bullock’s daughter, Bernice Pruitt in Hope Floats.
- In 2003, she established herself as a prominent voice actor in children’s films for her voice performances as Shanti in The Jungle Book 2.
- In 2004, Mae got her first big breakthrough after she was cast in a recurring role in the Fox sitcom, Arrested Development.
- In 2009, Mae landed a regular role in NBC’s version of the Ron Howard classic Parenthood.
- In 2012, she had a large role in the film, The Perks of Being a Wallflower opposite Logan Lerman, Emma Watson and Ezra Miller.
- In 2013, Mae reprised her role as Ann Veal in Arrested Development‘s season four, six years after the series was canceled.
- In 2015, Mae played the lead role in the comedy The DUFF.
- In 2018 Mae was cast alongside Christina Hendricks and Retta on the NBC dramedy Good Girls.