Lindsey Graham is an American politician serving as the senior United States Senator from South Carolina, a seat he has held since 2003. He is a member of the Republican Party. In 2002, Graham ran for the U.S. Senate after eight-term Republican incumbent Strom Thurmond announced his retirement. Graham won the primary unopposed and defeated Democratic opponent Alex Sanders in the general election. Graham was re-elected to a second term in 2008, defeating Bob Conley. He won a third term in 2014, defeating Democrat Brad Hutto and Independent Thomas Ravenel.
Lindsey Olin Graham
Politician, United States Senator
Birthday / Date of Birth
Lindsey Graham was born on July 09, 1955, in Central, South Carolina, United States.
He’s currently 63 years old.
Lindsey Graham went to the D. W. Daniel High School. Later, he got enrolled at the University of South Carolina in Columbia from where he graduated in 1977 with a B.A. in Psychology. Then, he graduated with a Juris Doctor degree from the University of South Carolina School of Law in 1981.
- Father – Florence James “F.J.” Graham (He owned a restaurant which also served as a pool hall and liquor store.)
- Mother – Millie Graham
- Siblings – Darline Graham Nordone (Younger Sister)
- Others – Lindsay Vaughn Graham (Paternal Grandfather), Estey Mattox (Paternal Grandmother), Olin Crate Walters (Maternal Grandfather), Lettie Maude Wilson (Maternal Grandmother)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Lindsey Graham dated –
- Sylvia – Lindsey Graham has previously dated a woman named Sylvia who worked as a flight attendant. He has also revealed in an interview that he once came very close to proposing to her.
- In feet – 5 feet 7¼ inches
- In centimeters – 171 cm
- In meters -1.71 m
- In Kilograms – 68 kg
- In Pounds – 150 lbs
- Measurements – 40-32-38
- Chest – 40 inches
- Waist – 32 inches
- Hip – 38 inches
Being a member of the United States Senate. He won his seat in the Senate from South Carolina in 2003 and has held on to his position for over a decade. As he is one of the senior Republican Senators, he has been made a member of several high profile committees such as Committee on Armed Services, Committee on Budget, and Committee on the Judiciary.
In 1999, Lindsey Graham made his first TV show appearance on the documentary series, The Awful Truth.
Lindsey Graham hasn’t done endorsement work for any brand.
Short and stocky build
Lindsey Graham Favorites
- Favorite Actor – Kevin Spacey
- Favorite Actress – Charlize Theron
- Favorite Color – Blue
- Favorite Food – Spanish Food
- Favorite Holiday Destination – Paris
Lindsey Graham Net Worth
Lindsey Graham has an estimated net worth of $3 million dollars.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Lindsey Graham
- After graduating from high school, he joined the Reserve Officers’ Training Corps.
- He was 21 years old when he lost his mother to Hodgkin’s lymphoma. She was 52 years old at that time. About 15 months later, Graham lost his father who passed away at the age of 69 due to a heart attack.
- As he and his 13 year old sister were left all alone, he was permitted by Reserve Officers’ Training Corps to study at the University of South Carolina in Columbia so that he could stay close to her and act as her guardian.
- While studying at the University of South Carolina, he became a member of the Pi Kappa Phi social fraternity.
- After completing his J.D. degree, he was hired as a judge advocate and officer by the United States Air Force in 1982. Immediately, he was placed on an active duty.
- In 1984, he was sent by the U.S. Air Force to serve as a defense attorney and military prosecutor in Europe. He returned to the United States after having worked in Europe for 4 years.
- In 1989, he left the active duty and soon started his private practice as a lawyer.
- Also, after his departure from the U.S. Air Force, he joined the South Carolina Air National Guard and served from 1989 to 1995.
- In 1995, he left the South Carolina Air National Guard and joined the U.S. Air Force Reserve.
- He was recalled to the active duty during the 1990-91 Gulf War. He worked as a judge advocate at McEntire Air National Guard Station. He was also tasked with briefing the departing pilots on the laws of war.
- In 1998, he was promoted to the rank of lieutenant colonel. He earned a promotion to the rank of colonel in the U.S. Air Force Reserve. He was awarded his rank at the ceremony officiated by President George W. Bush at the White House.
- He was awarded a Bronze Star medal in 2014 in recognition of his service on the task force that oversaw the detention of military prisoners.
- In 2015, he retired from the U.S. Air Force after having served it for 33 years.
- He won his first election in 1992 as he became a member of the South Carolina House of Representatives. He had managed to win 60% of votes and served only one term.
- In 1994, he got elected to the U.S. House of Representatives from the 3rd congressional district in South Carolina’s northwestern region. He served for 4 terms in the U.S. Congress.
- In 2002, he won the election to become South Carolina’s new senator to the U.S. Senate. He had replaced Republican Strom Thurmond who has served in the Senate from 1954 to 2003.
- When he was first elected to the U.S. Senate in 2002, he became the first new U.S. Senator from South Carolina since 1965.
- Graham is also the Tea Parties of the Republican Party members.
- He is popular for advocating national defense for the security of USA.
- In September 2018, he was widely praised by the affiliated Republicans and many neutrals for his rousing defense of Brett Kavanaugh during his Supreme Court confirmation hearings.