Liam Neeson is an actor from Northern Ireland. He has been nominated for a number of awards, including an Academy Award for Best Actor a BAFTA Award for Best Actor in a Leading Role and three Golden Globe Awards for Best Actor in a Motion Picture Drama. Empire magazine ranked Neeson among both the 100 Sexiest Stars in Film History and The Top 100 Movie Stars of All Time. He is one of the highest grossing actors of all time.
William John Neeson
Liam, Neeson, Will
Actor, Soundtrack Producer
Birthday / Date of Birth
Liam Neeson was born on the 7th of June 1952, in Ballymena, County Antrim, Northern Ireland.
He’s currently 67 years old.
Liam attended All Saints Primary School in Ballymena, Northern Ireland. He went to Queen’s University Belfast in Belfast, Northern Ireland and studied physics and computer science but he dropped out because he had to work for Guinness Brewery. Later, he attended St. Mary’s Teaching college, Belfast, Northern Ireland for two years. Liam graduated from the Gaiety School of Drama in Dublin, Ireland.
- Father – Bernard Neeson (School caretaker)
- Mother – Katherine Brown Neeson (Cook)
- Siblings – Elizabeth Neeson, Bernadette Neeson and Rosaline Neeson (Older Sister)
- Relatives – Vanessa Redgrave (Mother-in-law), Tony Richardson (Father-in-law), Joely Richardson (Sister-in-law)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Liam Neeson has dated –
- Helen Mirren (1980–1985) – Liam and Helen started their relationship while they were on the set, filming the movie The Excalibur. Their relationship lasted for four years before they parted ways. In one of the interviews, Helen said that it was hard for her to let go off Liam, because they went through many things together and because of the fact that their love was so pure.
- Julia Roberts (1988–1990) – Julia Roberts was one of Liam’s past girlfriends too. Despite the fact that Julia was 19 when they started dating, both of them started a romantic relationship back in 1988. At the same time, they were living together in a house in Venice, California. Their relationship got to the stage where they got engaged, but only for a short amount of time, before they broke up in 1990.
- Brooke Shields (1991–1992) – In December 1991, Liam started dating the American actress Brooke Shields and briefly after that they started a relationship. Their relationship lasted for about three months when they parted their ways.
- Natasha Richardson (1992–2009) – In January 1993, Liam met Natasha on the set of the movie Nell back. They immediately hooked up and started a relationship and after one year altogether, they got married (1994). These two were together till 2009 when in a skiing accident at the Mont Tremblant Resort, Natasha suffered severe head injuries resulting in death. Liam and Natasha had two children, Michael Neeson (born on June 22, 1995) and Daniel Jack Neeson (born on August 27, 1996).
- Freya St. Johnston (2010–2012) – Liam started dating the 30 year old blonde Freya St. Johnston back in August, 2010. They had been seen in NYC and London both holding each others hands. Although there was a claim that these two got engaged, still to this day there is no reliable source that can confirm that information as true or false. Freya and Liam parted ways in October 2012.
- In feet – 6 feet 4 inches
- In centimeters – 193 cm
- In meters – 1.93 m
- In Kilograms – 85 kg
- In Pounds – 187 lbs
- Measurements – 40-15-33
- Chest – 40 in or 102 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 15 in or 38 cm
- Waist – 33 in or 84 cm
His shoe size is 12.5 (US).
Liam is known for his roles in the movies Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace, Taken, Taken 2 and Taken 3, Batman Begins, Clash of the Titans, Les Miserables. He has been nominated for a number of awards including an Academy Award for Best Actor a BAFTA Award for Best Actor in a Leading Role and three Golden Globe Awards for Best Actor in a Motion Picture Drama.
In 1978, Liam appeared in the movie called Pligrim’s Progress playing one of the major roles as Jesus Christ.
In 1978, Liam first appearance in a television show was when he played the role as Dermont in the TV series Play for Today in the episode Dinner at the Sporting Club.
Liam is an Irish Goodwill Ambassador of UNICEF.
Liam Neeson Favorites
- Favorite Movie – Beverly Hills Cop (1984)
- Favorite Novel – Native Son by Richard Wright
- Favorite Vacation Destination – Italy
- Favorite Color – Black
- Favorite Food – Arugula, Figs, Blue Cheese Salad
Liam Neeson Net worth
Liam Neeson has an estimated net worth of $145 million dollars as of 2020.
Social Media Profiles
He has no social media profiles.
Some Lesser Known Facts About Liam Neeson
- Liam first stepped on the stage at the age of 11, after he was offered to play the lead role in a school play.
- At the age of nine, Liam started boxing at All Saints Youth Club and later became an amateur senior boxing champion.
- Liam was number 74 on Empire magazine’s 100 Sexiest Stars in film history.
- Liam voiced the main character James in the video game Fallout 3.
- He was on a trial in a football club in Dublin and played one game as a substitute against Shamrock.
- Liam once worked as a truck driver.
- In 1976, Liam joined the Lyric Players’ Theatre in Belfast.
- In 2004, Liam hosted an episode of the NBC sketch show Saturday Night Live.
- In August 2009, he provided a voice for Hayao Miyazaki’s anime film, Ponyo on the Cliff by the Sea.
- In 2008, he voiced the lion Aslan in the movie Chronicles of Narnia Prince Caspian.
- In 2010, Liam played Zeus in the remake of the 1981 film, Clash of the Titans.
- In 2011, Liam played himself in BBC2’s series Life’s Too Short.
- In 2014, his film led to a collaboration between Neeson and Collet-Serra on a series of similar action films including Non-Stop.
- In 2016, Liam voiced the Monster in the Spanish film, A Monster Calls.
- In 2019, Liam most recently made a voice cameo as Qui-Gon in Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker among other veteran Star Wars actor.