Lena Katina is a Russian singer and songwriter who is best known for her work with Russian duo t.A.T.u. She started her career at the age of eight joining the Russian children’s act Avenue and soon after that, joining Neposedi. In 1999 Ivan Shapovalov chose Lena Katina for his project, t.A.T.u. as well as Julia Volkova. In 2009 Katina began a solo career, which caused t.A.T.u. to go into a hiatus. In 2011 Katina and Volkova officially split to pursue solo careers. That year Katina released her first mainstream single Never Forget, which in 2011 reached No. 1 on the MTV Russia Top 10 and also won the MTV Russia 2011 Video Of The Year. The track also reached No. 1 on the US Billboard Hot Dance Club Play and reached No. 1 in Greece.
Elena Sergeevna Katina
Singer, Songwriter, Recording Artist
Pop, Rock, Electronica
Katina Music Inc., Maqueta Records, T.A. Music, Such Much Productions
Birthday / Date of Birth
Lena Katina was born on 4 October 1984, in Moscow, Russian SFSR, Soviet Union (now Russia).
She is currently 34 years old.
Los Angeles, California, United States
Lena is of Russian descent.
Russian Orthodox Church
Katina attended a local school for her formal school education at the age of seven. Later, she graduated from the Moscow State University.
- Father – Sergey Katin (Musician)
- Mother – Inessa Katina
- Siblings – Ekaterina Katina (Younger Sister)
- Relatives – Katya (Paternal Half-Sister), Ivan (Maternal Half-Brother), Vasili Katin (Paternal Grandfather), Asya Nikitichna (Paternal Grandmother), Vsevolod (Maternal Grandfather)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Lena Katina has dated –
- Sash Kuzma (2010-Present) – Katina is married to her long-time boyfriend Sash Kuzma (Sasha Kuzmanović). He is also a musician of Serbian and Slovenian origin. After dating for around 7 years, Sash proposed to her on their 2nd relationship anniversary. The couple got married in August 2013, in Moscow and Ljubljana. They parent a son named Aleksandr (b. May 22, 2015).
- Feet – 5 feet 3¾ inches
- Centimeters – 162 cm
- Meters – 1.62 m
- Kilograms – 58 kg
- Pounds – 128 lbs
- Measurements – 34-25-34
- Bust – 34 inches
- Waist – 25 inches
- Hip – 34 inches
- Bra Size – 32D
Her hair is naturally dark brown in color. But she loves to dye her hair in various hues, mostly red color.
She wears a size 7 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 6 (US).
Her stint with the girl music duo t.A.T.u. from 1999 to 2014. The group was one of the most successful Russian music groups of all time. The group was famous for their smashing hits All the Things She Said, Not Gonna Get Us and All About Us.
Lena Katina made her feature film debut playing one of the lead roles in the 2011 Russian drama film You and I.
Lena’s debut album with her band t.A.T.u. was 200 Po Vstrechnoy (in Russian), which was released in 2001. As a solo artist, she released her debut single Never Forget on June 17, 2011. The song was well received by her fans and managed to reach number one in MTV’s Russian Top 10 Year in review chart.
In 2001, She made her first TV show appearance in the musical series TRL Italy.
She hasn’t endorsed any brand yet.
Lena Katina Favorite
Her favorite things are unknown.
Lena Katina Net worth
Lena Katina has an estimated net worth of $10 million dollars as of 2019. She currently resides in Los Angeles, California.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Lena Katina
- Lena launched her music career at a tender age of 10, during which she joined the child-group Avenue in 1994 and served as a soloist until 1997.
- She became a member of band t.A.T.u. at the age of 14.
- In 2007, Katina participated in the gay pride in Moscow.
- In 2011, Lena officially left the band t.A.T.u. to pursue a solo career in singing.
- In 2003, she was ranked no. 10 in Maxim’s Hot 100 Women list.
- In 2014, they dissolved the band officially with a series of performances for the Olympic Games in Russia.
- Lena has a pet dog named, Blankeria.
- In 2011, she won the MTV Russia Video Of The Year award for her single Never Forget.
- In September 2012, Katina and her band participated in the international festival Queerfest to support LGBT-community.
- In January 2013, Katina had a photoshoot with the Russian edition of Maxim magazine.
- In addition to her first language Russian, she can speak fluent English.
- In July 2016, Katina released her Spanish album, Esta Soy Yo to show appreciation for her fans from Latin-based countries.
- In July 2017, she released her first Spanish album Esta Soy Yo for her South American fans.
- In October 2017, Katina released her new English-language single Silent Hills. Later in December, she released her song Here I Go Again, a collaboration with Daddy Mercury.
- In 2019, She released her Russian single Стартрек (Star Trek) on April 12 and Моно (Mono) on June 9.
- Visit her official website @ lenakatina.com.