Kimberley Walsh is an English singer-songwriter, model, television presenter, actress and dancer. She rose to fame in late 2002 when she auditioned for the reality television show Popstars: The Rivals on ITV. The programmed announced that Walsh had won a place as a member of the girl group Girls Aloud.
Kimberley Jane Walsh
Singer, Songwriter, Model, Television Personality, Actress, Dancer
Birthday / Date of Birth
Kimberley Walsh was born on November 20, 1981 in Bradford, England, UK.
She’s currently 37 years old.
Barnet, North London, England
Kimberley attended many schools for her school education like Sandy Lane Primary School, Stoney Lee Middle School and Beckfoot Grammar School in Bingley, West Yorkshire. She also enrolled at the Stage 84, a Bradford-based theatre school, to polish her acting skills.
- Father – John Walsh
- Mother – Diane Walsh
- Siblings – Amy Walsh (Younger Sister) (Actress), Adam Walsh (Younger Brother), Sally Walsh (Older Sister) (Actress)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Kimberley Walsh has dated –
- Justin Scott – Walsh married long-term partner Justin Scott, an actor and a former member of the British boyband Triple 8, on 30 January 2016. Together, the couple have two sons.
- In feet – 5 feet 5 inches
- In centimeters – 165 cm
- In meters – 1.65 m
- In Kilograms – 57 kg
- In Pounds – 126 lbs
- Measurements – 34-26-36
- Bust – 34 inches
- Waist – 26 inches
- Hip – 36 inches
- Bra Size – 32D
She wears a size 8 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 6 (US).
Winning the reality television show Popstars The Rivals in 2002. Her work in the 5-member English-Irish pop girl group, Girls Aloud from 2002 to 2013.
As a member of the now defunct girl group, Girls Aloud, they released her studio album, Sound of the Underground, on May 26, 2003. The album was an instant hit, charting at #2 in UK, #6 in Ireland, and #53 in Netherlands. It was certified as “Platinum” in the UK and sold over 368,000 copies worldwide. After embarking on a solo career, Kimberley released her debut album ‘Centre Stage’ on February 4, 2013. The album peaked at #18 in UK, #99 in Ireland, and #23 in Scottish music charts.
In 2011, she was cast as Prissy Polly in the in the live-action 3D family comedy film Horrid Henry: The Movie as the titular character’s overactive cousin.
As a child, Walsh appeared in ITV’s children’s series The Book Tower in 1986. Her credited appearance on television was with the reality television show Popstars The Rivals in 2002. She won the show and eventually earned a place in the girl group Girls Aloud. In 2005, she landed a lead role in fly on the wall style documentary film ‘Girls Aloud: Home Truths’ and reprised her role in the spin-off series, ‘Girls Aloud: Off the Record’ in 2006.
In 2012 Walsh made her West End theatre debut, playing Princess Fiona in the London production of Shrek the Musical.
Kimberley has appeared in a number of TV commercials for Schwarzkopf, Puma AG BodyTrain fitness toner wear, Right Guard’s Xtreme Dry Range, SlimFast, Sunsilk among others.
Kimberley Walsh Awards
She placed number 37 in FHM’s annual list of “100 Sexiest Woman in the World” in 2009 ahead of bandmates Nadine Coyle, Nicola Roberts and Sarah Harding who were placed at 57, 58 and 87 respectively. Walsh also won the Yorkshire Woman of the Year award 2009 in recognition not only for her professional success but also for her role as celebrity ambassador for the Breast Cancer Haven charity, which has a branch in Leeds. She was too awarded with the Cosmopolitan Ultimate Woman’s award in 2009.
Kimberley Walsh Favorites
- Favorite Food – Pasta
- Favorite Perfume – Marc Jacobs Woman Eau de Parfum
- Favorite Shopping Places – Zara, Topshop, New Look, River Island
Kimberley Walsh Net worth
Kimberley Walsh has a estimated net worth of $11 million dollars as of 2019.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Kimberley Walsh
- Walsh started her professional career at a very young age by appearing in TV commercials and theater productions.
- Her career breakthrough came in 2002 after competing in the ITV1 reality talent show “Popstars: The Rivals”. Walsh made it to the top fifteen and eventually became a member of the girl group called “Girls Aloud.”
- She was the fourth participant to join the group.
- In 2009, she was named at #37 in the list of FHM’s “100 Sexiest Women in the World” along with her then bandmates Nadine Coyle, Nicola Roberts and Sarah Harding, who were ranked at #57, #58 and #87 respectively.
- In 2009, she won Yorkshire Woman of the Year award for her contribution towards the community and Breast Cancer Haven charity.
- In March 2009, she climbed Mount Kilimanjaro along with with Girls Aloud co-star Cheryl Cole, Alesha Dixon, Ben Shephard, Chris Moyles, Denise Van Outen, Fearne Cotton, Ronan Keating, etc to raise money for the charity, Comic Relief.
- In January 2011, she was revealed as the new face of Puma AG BodyTrain fitness toner wear.
- In May of that year, she was named as the face of Right Guard’s Xtreme Dry Range.
- In September 2012, she had appeared in BBC’s dance reality show Strictly Come Dancing and finished as one of the runner-ups.
- Walsh released her own autobiography, called A Whole Lot of History on 26 September 2013.
- In 2018 she was cast in series two of Ackley Bridge as the character, Claire Butterworth.