Kenny Chesney is an American country music singer, songwriter and record producer. He has recorded 20 albums, 20 of which have been certified Gold or higher by the RIAA. He has also produced more than 40 Top 10 singles on the US Billboard Hot Country Songs and Country Airplay charts, 30 of which have reached number one. Many of these have also charted within the Top 40 of the US Billboard Hot 100, making him one of the most successful crossover country artists. Kenny has sold over 30 million albums worldwide.
Kenneth Arnold Chesney
Kenny, Hillbilly Rockstar, Bubba, Uncle Kenny
Singer, Songwriter, Record Producer
Capricorn Records, BNA Records, Columbia Records, Warner Nashville Records
Birthday / Date of Birth
Kenny Chesney was born on the 26th of March 1968, in Knoxville, Tennessee, United States.
He’s currently 54 years old.
Nashville, Tennessee and St. John, Virgin Islands, United States
He has English and Scots-Irish ancestry.
In 1986, Chesney graduated from Gibbs High School. He studied advertising at East Tennessee State University in Johnson City, where he was a member of the ETSU Bluegrass Program and the Lambda Chi Alpha fraternity and graduated in 1990.
- Father – David Chesney (Former Elementary School Teacher)
- Mother – Karen Chandler (Hair Stylist)
- Siblings – Jennifer Chandler (Younger Sister)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Kenny Chesney has dated –
- Renee Zellweger (2005) – In January 2005, Kenny started dating actress Renée Zellweger. Within 4 months, the couple got married on St. John Islands (part of the Virgin Islands) on May 9, 2005. However, their marriage was short-lived resulting in the announcement of an annulment on September 15, 2005, citing fraud as the reason for separation. By late December 2005, the annulment was finalized.
- Amy Colley (2008-2010) – In 2008, Kenny started dating Miss Tennessee and nurse, Amy Colley. During the 2 years of their relationship, the couple went through many ups and downs amidst Kenny’s busy schedule and cheating rumor with Jenn Brown.
- Jenn Brown (2010) – Kenny was still in a relationship with Amy, he was photographed on a beach in Cancun, Mexico sharing an intimate moment with ESPN sports reporter Jenn Brown. The scandal ultimately led to the end of his relationship with girlfriend Amy Colley.
- Mary Nolan (2012-Present) – In 2016, Kenny was seen with a beautiful lady identified as Mary Nolan. The couple has been secretly dating since 2012 and was previously seen together at the backstage of the American Country Countdown Awards in 2014.
- In feet – 5 feet 7 inches
- In centimeters – 170 cm
- In meters – 1.70 m
- In Kilograms – 65 kg
- In Pounds – 143 lbs
His body specs are currently unavailable.
He wears a size 8.5 (US) shoe.
Kenny as one of the most successful crossover country artists, with forty singles have reached the top 10 on Billboard Hot Country Songs, and Country Airplay charts, 29 of which have reached number one.
In April 19, 1994, Chesney debut album In My Wildest Dreams was released on Capricorn Records. The album has 10 original tracks.
In June 12, 2000, Kenny made his first TV show appearance as a musical guest on the comedy music TV show The Tonight Show with Jay Leno.
Chesney has done endorsement work for the following brands SiriusXM, Engel Coolers, Blue Chair, Bay Rum, Music and Memory and Corona Light.
Kenny Chesney Favorite
- Favorite Musicians – Conway Twitty, Keith Whitley, Ricky Skaggs, George Jones, Lynyrd Skynyrd, James Taylor
- Favorite Book – The Firm by John Grisham
- Favorite TV Show – Friends (1994-2004)
- Favorite Vacation Destination – Caribbean
- Favorite Football Teams – Boston Red Sox, Tennessee Titans
- Favorite Food – Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Kenny Chesney Net worth
Chesney has an estimated net worth of $180 million dollars as of 2023. He owns several luxury estates across the country, including a $9.2 million dollar 1,000 square foot mansion in Franklin, a $7.9 million dollars lavish estate on the island of St. John in the Virgin islands and a $5.2 million beach house in Malibu.
Social Media Profiles
- Facebook – KennyChesney
- Instagram – kennychesney
- Twitter – Kenny Chesney
- YouTube Channel – Kenny Chesney, KennyChesneyVEVO
Some Lesser Known Facts About Kenny Chesney
- Growing up, he wanted to be a professional football player, but his short stature worked against him.
- During high school, he played a lot of baseball and football.
- In early days of his music career, he performed at several local clubs in Nashville.
- Kenny owns a liquor company which produces rum labeled Blue Chair Bay.
- He learned to play guitar on his own from the guitar which he received as a Christmas gift. He named it The Terminor.
- Kenny has a dog named, Puncho.
- In 2003, Chesney recorded All I Want for Christmas Is a Real Good Tan. The album’s title track peaked at No. 30 on the country charts from holiday airplay.
- In November 2007, Kenny was named the CMA Entertainer of the Year for the third time in four years.
- Chesney has won the Billboard Touring Award for Top Package Tour five consecutive years between 2005 and 2009 and again in 2011.
- In May 2009, Chesney released his second compilation album, Greatest Hits II.
- In 2010, Kenny co-directed and produced Boys of Fall for ESPN.
- In July 2010, Chesney released The Boys of Fall as the lead-off single from his album Hemingway’s Whiskey.
- In June 2012, Kenny released his fourteenth studio album, Welcome to the Fishbowl.
- In June 2014, Chesney released the new song American Kids to radio. This song served as the lead off single from his sixteenth studio album The Big Revival, which was released on September 23, 2014.
- In 2017, he came to the aid of the U.S. and British Virgin Islands victims of Hurricane Irma, one of whom was given a free lift to the mainland United States.
- In January 2018,Chesney had ended his contract with Sony Music Nashville and signed to Warner Bros. Records Nashville.
- In June 27, 2018, Kenny released his first album with Warner, entitled Songs for the Saints to critical praise.