Kate Walsh is an American actress and businesswoman. Her roles include Dr. Addison Montgomery on the ABC television dramas Grey’s Anatomy and Private Practice, Rebecca Wright on the short-lived NBC sitcom Bad Judge, Olivia Baker on the Netflix drama series 13 Reasons Why and the Handler in The Umbrella Academy.
Kathleen Erin Walsh
Katie, Katie Kat, K-Town
Birthday / Date of Birth
Kate Walsh was born on October 13, 1967, in San Jose, California, United States.
She’s currently 51 years old.
She is Irish on her father’s side and Italian on her mother’s side.
Kate’s early education was from Catalina Magnet High School. She attended this school for 3 years. Post that, she graduated from Rincon High School and then moved to acting. Her acting education was from the University of Arizona and Piven Theatre Workshop, Chicago.
- Father – Joseph P Walsh
- Mother – Angela C Bochetto
- Siblings – Sean Walsh (Brother) (Film Director), Joe Walsh (Brother) (Film Director)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Kate Walsh has dated –
- Alex Young (2006-2008) – Alex Young, the 20th Century Fox Executive, announced his relationship with Kate during the time when they together attended Barack Obama fundraiser in Los Angeles at which Young was a host. Kate and Alex got married in September 2007 in Ojai, California. After remaining together for 15 months as a married couple, Alex applied for divorce on December 11, 2008. By February 2010, they were legally separated.
- Neil Andrea (2009-2011) – The couple dated between 2009 and 2011, and the industry sources and her fans were happy that she had moved on from her divorce. What started with a rumor was confirmed as a relationship by Kate and Neil when they were seen kissing, holding hands, and strolling the streets of Los Angeles.
- Chris Case (2011-2015) – Kate started dating writer-producer beau Chris Case in 2011. The two dated for 4 years before splitting on an amicable note in 2015 saying that the breakup happened because they were in a different place in life at that time.
- Trevor Davis (2016-2017) – Kate then dated actor-producer Trevor Davis who is 15 years younger than her. They broke up in 2017 for Kate wanted a baby and Trevor was not ready.
- In feet – 5 feet 8.5 inches
- In centimeters – 174 cm
- In meters – 1.74 m
- In Kilograms – 64 kg
- In Pounds – 141 lbs
- Measurements – 36-27-37
- Bust – 36 inches
- Waist – 27 inches
- Hip – 37 inches
- Bra Size – 34B
She dyed red.
She wears a size 8 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 6 (US).
Her role in the Netflix drama series 13 Reasons Why was said to be the best one of her career which earned lots of critical acclaim. Her performance in the movie, The Perks of Being a Wallflower which gained her San Diego Film Critics Society Awards for Best Ensemble Performance.
Her first theatrical film appearance was in the crime drama Normal Life, which is also a beautiful love story in 1996.
She had a single episode appearance on NBC police procedural series Homicide: Life on the Street in 1996.
Kate has appeared in a number of television advertisements and other advertising campaigns for Cigna, National Geographic, Garnier dark spot remover, etc.
Awards & Nominations
|2006||Satellite Awards||Best Ensemble, Television||Grey’s Anatomy||Won|
|Screen Actors Guild Awards||Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series||Grey’s Anatomy||Nominated|
|2007||Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series||Grey’s Anatomy||Won|
|2008||Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series||Grey’s Anatomy||Nominated|
|2011||People’s Choice Awards||Favorite TV Drama Actress||Private Practice||Nominated|
|2012||San Diego Film Critics Society Awards||Best Ensemble Performance||The Perks of Being a Wallflower||Won|
|Awards Circuit Community Awards||Best Cast Ensemble||The Perks of Being a Wallflower||Nominated|
Kate Walsh Favorites
- Favorite Actor – Gregory Peck
- Favorite Shoes – Rene Caovilla “Berlin” Heels
- Favorite Makeup Accessory – Clarisonic skin brush
- Favorite Animal – Cat
- Favorite Drink – Red Wine
- Favorite Food – Creamed Spinach with Sautéed Garlic, Cheese, Truffle Oil
Kate Walsh Net worth
Kate has a net worth of $20 million dollars as of 2019. That money comes from her appearances in films and TV shows and brand endorsements. She charges $175 thousand per episode as salary for her work on TV shows.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Kate Walsh
- Kate has worked as a waitress before becoming famous as an actress.
- She later moved to Chicago and worked with the Piven Theatre Workshop and the Chicago Shakespeare Repertory.
- She also hosted on National Public Radio around the same time.
- She is an animal lover. she has a dog named Rosie and two cats named Billy and Pablo.
- In July 2008, Walsh was nominated as a candidate on the Unite for Strength slate for a place on the national governing board of the Screen Actors Guild (SAG) in elections scheduled for September 18, 2008.
- In May 2010, Walsh made her off-Broadway debut opposite Paul Sparks in Atlantic Theater Company’s world premiere of Stephen Belber’s Dusk Rings a Bell.
- In 2010, Kate Walsh founded Boyfriend LLC, a beauty and lifestyle company. She launched the company’s first product ‘Boyfriend’ in November 2010.
- Walsh was ranked at #52 on the “Hot 100 list” of hottest women in 2007 by Maxim.
- In 2015, Kate was diagnosed with brain tumor and had it removed through a surgery. It took almost 9 months for her to recover.
- During the 2016 election, Walsh was a supporter of Hillary Clinton, publicly endorsing her and campaigning for her several times in California, Arizona and Virginia.
- In September 2017, Walsh revealed that she was diagnosed with a benign meningioma in 2015. She underwent surgery and had the tumor successfully removed. Walsh took a nine-month break to recover.
- Visit her official website @ katewalsh.com.