Olivia Cooke is an English actress. She played Emma Decody in A&E’s drama thriller series Bates Motel from 2013 to 2017 and in 2018 she starred as Becky Sharp in the miniseries, Vanity Fair. Cooke has also starred in the horror films The Quiet Ones and Ouija, the science fiction film The Signal, the comedy drama Me and Earl and the Dying Girl, the horror mystery The Limehouse Golem, the thriller Thoroughbreds and the Steven Spielberg directed science fiction film Ready Player One.
Olivia Kate Cooke
Olivia, Scream Queen
Birthday / Date of Birth
Olivia Cooke was born on December 27, 1993, in Oldham, Greater Manchester, England, U.K.
She’s currently 25 years old.
Olivia Cooke studied at the Royton and Crompton Secondary School in the Metropolitan Borough of Oldham, Greater Manchester, England. Olivia attended Oldham Sixth Form College in Greater Manchester, England where she studied drama. She left the college before giving her A-levels.
- Father – John Cooke (Retired Police Officer)
- Mother – Lindsy (née Wild) (Sales Representative)
- Siblings – Eleanor Cooke (Younger Sister)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Olivia Cooke dated –
- Alex Roe – Olivia was in a relationship with English actor Alex Roe for a short while.
- Christopher Abbott (2015-2016) – The actress started dating American actor, Christopher Abbott, in 2015, after they, supposedly, grew closer while working for the movie, Katie Says Goodbye. But, they have not been seen together since 2016, suggesting that they might have drifted apart.
- In feet – 5 feet 5½ inches
- In centimeters – 166 cm
- In meters – 1.66 m
- In Kilograms – 53 kg
- In Pounds – 117 lbs
- Measurements – 33-24-32
- Bust – 33 inches
- Waist – 24 inches
- Hip – 32 inches
- Bra Size -30C
She wears a size 7.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 6 (US).
She is best known for being a cast member of films such as he Quiet Ones (2014), The Signal (2014), Ouija (2014) and Me and Earl and the Dying Girl (2015). Olivia is also known for playing the role of Emma Decody in A&E horror series Bates Motel.
Olivia Cooke made her debut appearance in the 2014 British supernatural horror film, ‘The Quiet Hours’ directed by John Pogue.
Her television debut came in 2012 with the BBC One drama miniseries Blackout in which she played Meg Demoys for three episodes.
In 2014, Cooke supported the Save the Children campaign by appearing in Bulgari advertisements.
Awards & Nominations
|2014||Eerie Horror Film Festival Awards||Best Actress||Ruby’s Skin||Won|
|Screen International||UK Stars of Tomorrow||Won|
|2015||Fangoria Chainsaw Awards||Best Supporting Actress||The Quiet Ones||3rd Place|
|San Diego Film Critics Society||Best Supporting Actress||Me and Earl and the Dying Girl||Nominated|
|Women’s Image Network Awards||Best Actress – Feature Film||Nominated|
|Online Film & Television Association (OFTA) Awards||Best Breakthrough Performance – Female||Nominated|
|2016||Empire Awards||Best Female Newcomer||Nominated|
|2017||Manchester Film Festival||Festival Prize – Best Actress||Katie Says Goodbye||Won|
|Newport Beach Film Festival||Jury Award – Best Actress||Won|
|2018||MTV Movie & TV Awards||Best Kiss||Ready Player One||Nominated|
|Best On-Screen Team||Nominated|
|Teen Choice Awards||Choice Sci-Fi Movie Actress||Pending|
|Choice Breakout Movie Star||Pending|
Olivia Cooke Favorites
- Favorite Place – UK
- Favorite Footwear – Stuart Weitzman Black Highland Boots
- Favorite Cosmetics – SPF 30, Lucas’ Papaw Ointment
- Favorite Food – Sunday Roast
- Favorite Drink – Tetley’s tea
Olivia Cooke Net worth
Olivia Cooke has an estimated net worth of $2 million dollars as of 2019. Most of her earning comes from film and TV appearances and not to mention lucrative brand endorsement deals.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Olivia Cooke
- Olivia learned ballet and gymnastics as a child.
- She was only 8 years old when she enrolled into an after-school drama program at the Oldham Theatre Workshop in her hometown.
- Cooke played the title character on Prom: The Musical, a remake of Cinderella at Oldham Theatre.
- She applied to the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art (RADA) many times, but she couldn’t able to make it even though she cleared the final round of auditions.
- Cooke is close friends with her Me and Earl and the Dying Girl co-star Thomas Mann, and her Bates Motel co-stars Freddie Highmore and Nicola Peltz.
- In 2012, Olivia made an appearance in One Direction band’s Autumn Term tour video. She was seen as a student on a piggyback ride in the video.
- In 2014, Cooke supported the Save the Children campaign by appearing in Bulgari advertisements.
- In 2015, she voiced for the character ‘Loch Ness Monster’ in an episode of Axe Cop.
- Cooke played the titular character in the independent drama film Katie Says Goodbye, alongside Jim Belushi, Mireille Enos, Christopher Abbott, and Mary Steenburgen.
- In 2018, She was cast as Art3mis in Steven Spielberg’s science fiction thriller Ready Player One alongside Tye Sheridan, Ben Mendelsohn, and Mark Rylance.