Kate Upton is an American model and actress. She was named the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue Rookie of the Year following her appearance in the magazine and was the cover model for the 2012, 2013 and 2017 issues. She was also the subject of the 100th-anniversary Vanity Fair cover. Upton has also appeared in the films Tower Heist, The Other Woman and The Layover.
Actress, Swimsuit Model
Birthday / Date of Birth
Kate Upton was born on the 10th June 1992, in St. Joseph, Michigan, United States.
She is currently 30 years old.
Anglican / Episcopalian
Upton did schooling from Holy Trinity Episcopal Academy, Melbourne, Florida. It is a college-preparatory school for grades upto 12th.
- Father – Jeff Upton (High school athletics director)
- Mother – Shelley (Former Texas state tennis champion)
- Uncle – Fred Upton (U.S. Representative)
- Relatives – Frederick Upton (Great Grandfather) (Co-founder of appliance manufacturer and marketer Whirlpool Corporation)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Kate Upton has dated –
- Mark Sanchez (2011) – In December 2011, Mark, a football star dated Kate.
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy (2013) – She dated a Ukrainian dancer, Maksim from June 2013 to December 2013. Maksim is 13 years her senior.
- Justin Verlander (2012; 2013-Present) – She started dating Justin Verlander, American professional baseball pitcher with the Detroit Tigers of Major League Baseball in 2012. She met him while filming MLB 2012 commercial. From July 2012 until December 2012, the duo was dating together. A year later, the couple reconciled in December 2013, as soon as Kate separated from Maksim. The duo got engaged in April 2016. On November 4, 2017, Justin and Kate got married in Tuscany, Italy in the church. They welcomed their first child together, daughter Genevieve Upton Verlander on November 7, 2018.
- In feet – 5 feet 10 inches
- In centimeters – 178 cm
- In meters – 1.78 m
- In Kilograms – 71 kg
- In Pounds – 157 lbs
- Measurements – 39-28-36
- Bust – 39 inches
- Waist – 28 inches
- Hip – 36 inches
- Bra Size – 34DD
Her dress size is 6 (US).
She wears a size 9 (US) shoe.
Upton appearances in Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue (published annually), first in 2011 and again in 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2017.
In 2011, Kate was first seen in the film Tower Heist as Mr. Hightower’s Mistress.
In 2011, Upton guest appeared in an episode of Comedy Central series Tosh.0 as herself.
Kate has endorsed several brands such as Bare Necessities, Beach Bunny, Betsey Johnson, Bon Prix, Dooney & Bourke, Guess, Guess accessories, Guess lingerie, Jenna Leigh, RYGY Sports Swimwear, Victoria’s Secret and others. In December 2014, she appeared in Game of War commercial.
Kate Upton Favorite
- Favorite Model – Adriana Lima
- Favorite Beauty Product – Chanel Hydramax + Active moisturizer
- Favorite Hair Product – Sebbag Essentials
- Favorite Perfume – Coco by Chanel
- Favorite Restaurant – Nobu
- Favorite Sports – Baseball
- Favorite Baseball Team – New York Yankees
- Favorite Photographer – Terry Richardson
- Favorite Mascara – Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill
- Favorite Eye Shadow – Revlon ColorStay in Coffee Bean
- Favorite Color – Yellow
- Favorite Food – Sushi
Kate Upton Net worth
Kate Upton has a estimated net worth of $20 million dollars as of 2023.
Social Media Profiles
- Facebook – Kate Upton
- Instagram – kateupton
- Twitter – Kate Upton
Some Lesser Known Facts About Kate Upton
- Kate has a mole mark just above her lip.
- Upton wishes that she could have smaller boobs. But, then she laughs and says that she was just kidding, in an interview with GQ magazine.
- Kate is the niece of U.S. Representative – Fred Upton.
- Upton started modeling at 15.
- She is the first model since Tyra Banks (who appeared in 1996 and 1997) to appear on the cover of SI swimsuit issue back to back (in 2012 and 2013).
- In 2011, she adopted a boxer dog named, Harley.
- In April 2011, an Internet video of her doing the dougie hip-hop dance at a Los Angeles Clippers game went viral and served to increase her popularity.
- In 2012, Kate was listed on Maxim’s Hot 100 list, citing her photo shoots with Sports Illustrated.
- In 2012, she was ranked the fifth-sexiest model by Models.com She ranked #3 on the American publication of AskMen’s Top 99 Women.
- In September 2013, Kate was named Model of the Year at the 10th annual Style Awards at the Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week in New York.
- In 2014, Upton appeared on the flip-side cover of the 50th-anniversary Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue, the first time that type of cover was used by that magazine.
- In 2014, Kate was the centerpiece of a $40 million advertising campaign for Machine Zone’s mobile app Game of War: Fire Age.
- In 2014, Upton starred with Tony Hale in Lady Antebellum’s music video Bartender.
- In April 2014, she appeared with Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann, and Nikolaj Coster-Waldau in the comedy The Other Woman as Amber, one of Coster-Waldau’s character’s mistresses.
- In 2017, Kate starred with Alexandra Daddario in The Layover, a road trip s*x comedy directed by William H. Macy.