Kanye West is an American rapper, singer, songwriter, record producer, entrepreneur and fashion designer. West first became known as a producer for Roc-A-Fella Records in the early 2000s, contributing to hit singles for artists such as Jay-Z, Ludacris and Alicia Keys. Intent on pursuing a solo career as a rapper, West released his debut album The College Dropout in 2004 to widespread critical and commercial success and founded the record label GOOD Music.
Kanye Omari West
Ye, The Louis Vuitton Don, Konman, Yeezy
American Rapper, Singer, Songwriter, Record Producer, Fashion Designer, Entrepreneur
Keyboards, Sampler, Percussion, Synthesizer, Piano
Very GOOD Beats, Roc-A-Fella Records, Def Jam Recordings
Birthday / Date of Birth
Kanye West was born on June 8, 1977 in Atlanta, Georgia, United States.
Kanye is currently 41 years old.
He attended Polaris High School in Oak Lawn, Illinois, USA. Then, he got enrolled at the American Academy of Art in Chicago and then in Chicago State University but left the college to takeover his music ambition.
- Father – Ray West
- Mother – Dr. Donda C. West
- Siblings – Unknown
United Talent Agency
Girlfriend / Spouse
Kanye West has dated –
- Kim Kardashian (2014-Present) – Kanye West started dating the hot Kim Kardashian (American actress) in April 2012. They got engaged on October 21, 2013. They had already welcomed their daughter North West on June 15, 2013. Kardashian and West got married on May 24, 2014, in Florence, Italy. Kim legally changed her name from “Kardashian” to “West” on August 5, 2014. The couple also has one son named, Saint West, born on December 5, 2015. Their third child, daughter Chicago West was born on January 15, 2018.
- In feet – 5 feet 8 inches
- In centimeters – 173 cm
- In meters – 1.73 m
- In Kilograms – 75 kg
- In Pounds – 165 lbs
- Measurements – 42-14-32
- Chest – 42 inches
- Biceps – 14 inches
- Waist – 32 inches
He wears a size 12 (US) shoe.
Most of his albums have become platinum. Kanye became subject to media attention since he started dating Kim.
He released his first album The College Dropout in 2004.
He starred in a short film, “We Were Once a Fairytale” released on June 24, 2009.
He has endorsed several brand including Pepsi, Nike and Megaupload, to name a few.
Kanye West Awards
- American Music Awards – 2008 (2)
- ASCAP Rhythm & Soul Music Awards – 2005 (2)
- BET Awards – 2004, 05 (2), 06 (2), 08 (2), 09, 11, 12
- BET Hip Hop Awards – 2007 (2), 08 (2), 09, 10 (2), 12 (3), 14, 15 (2), 16
- BET Honors – Visionary Award – 2015
- Billboard Music Awards – 2004 (4), 2005
- Brit Awards – 2006, 08, 09
- ECHO Awards – 2008
- Footwear News Achievement Awards – 2015
- Grammy Award – 2005 (3), 06 (3), 08 (4), 09 (2), 10 (2), 12 (4), 13 (2)
- MOBO Awards – 2004 (3), 06, 07 (2)
- MTV Europe Music Awards – 2006, 08
- MTV Video Music Awards – 2005, 08, 15, 17
- MTV Platinum Video Plays Awards – 2012
- MTVU Woodie Awards – 2011
- NAACP Image Awards – 2005
- NME Awards – 2006, 10
- O Music Awards – 2011 (2)
- People’s Choice Awards – 2010, 12
- Soul Train Awards – 2006, 09, 11, 12
- Source Awards – 2004 (3)
- Teen Choice Awards – 2009
- Vibe Awards – 2005, 07
- Webby Awards – 2016
- World Music Awards – 2004, 06
- Kanye West owns multiple real estate properties in the US. He and his wife Kim purchased their ultra-luxury house for a staggering $20 million dollars in 2014. Spread across five acres of land, this beautiful house sits on three flat acres featuring plenty of bedrooms and its respective bathrooms, in fact, this gem has eight fireplaces with two large pools. There’s a vineyard in their property as well.
- His love for cars can be attributed with the cars he owns, Aston Martin DB9, Lamborghini Aventador, Lamborghini Gallardo, Mercedes SLR, Mercedes G Wagon, Mercedes S Class, Mercedes Maybach, Rolls Royce Phantom, and Prombron Red Diamond.
Kanye West Favorites
- Favorite Food – Soul Food
- Favorite Band – Franz Ferdinand
- Favorite White Girl – Scarlett Johansson
- Favorite Clothing – Louis Vuitton
- Favorite Shoes – Louis Vuitton, Nike Air 180s
- Favorite Artist – Kid Cudi
- Favorite Movie – Coming to America (1988)
- Favorite Rapper – He himself is his Favorite Rapper (He once had given a speech at Grammy Award Function)
- Favorite Album of All Time – Bizarre Ride II the Pharcyde
Kanye West Net worth
Kanye West has an estimated net worth of $160 Million dollars as of 2019. The 40-year multifaceted personality has sold more than 32 million albums and over 100 million digital downloads across the world in the career spanning more than 17 years.
Social Media Portfolio
He is not on social media except YouTube and MySpace.
Some Lesser Known Facts About Kanye West
- Kanye West has also started Kanye West Foundation in 2003 in Chicago, USA, which helps Latino and African American children continue education and pursue music in school.
- West was named International Man of the Year by GQ in 2007 at a ceremony at Covent Garden’s Opera House in London.
- He owns an online travel company called “Kanye Travel Ventures”.
- Kanye broke down at a concert in Paris, a week after the passing of his mother, Dr. Donda West, as he tried to sing the verses of “Hey Mama,” a song he had written earlier on in his career in dedication to her.
- He has been listed no. 3 on the Billboard’s list of Top 10 Producers of the decade.
- Kanye West is an avid basketball fan. He is regularly spotted at LA Lakers games, and has written almost as many lyrics about the sport as he has about himself.
- He’s had over 12 million record sales and 30 million download sales in the United States alone, making him third for solo male artists and sixth overall on the list of best-selling digital artists.
- West and his family live in a $20 million luxury house in Hidden Hills California that includes two swimming pools and a vineyard.
- Kanye West net worth is estimated over $160 Million as of 2017. He enjoys an expensive lifestyle with his immense fortune.
- As of 2013, Kanye West has received 21 Grammy awards making him the most awarded artist of all time.
- Visit his official website @ kanyewest.com.