Joseph Gordon-Levitt is an American actor, filmmaker, singer and entrepreneur. Joseph appeared in the films A River Runs Through It, Angels in the Outfield, Holy Matrimony and 10 Things I Hate About You and as Tommy Solomon in the TV series 3rd Rock from the Sun. Joseph portrayed Philippe Petit in the Robert Zemeckis-directed film The Walk.
Joseph Leonard Gordon-Levitt
Joe, Joey, JGL, Regular Joe
Actor, Singer, Writer, Film Director, Producer, Entrepreneur
Birthday / Date of Birth
Joseph Gordon-Levitt was born on the 17th of February 1981, in Los Angeles, California, United States.
He’s currently 39 years old.
He is of Ashkenazi Jewish descent
Joseph attended Van Nuys High School and graduated in 1999. He took a break from acting (which he was doing from the age of six) and joined Columbia University School of General Studies but dropped out in 2004. After dropping out, he focused more on acting, writing and directing.
- Father – Dennis Levitt (News Director, Activist)
- Mother – Jane Gordon (Activist, United States Congressman Nominee)
- Siblings – Dan Gordon-Levitt (Television Producer) (Late Older Brother)
- Relatives – Michael Gordon (Maternal Grandfather), Elizabeth A. Cohn (Maternal Grandmother), Milton Levitt (Paternal Grandfather), Celia Roth (Paternal Grandmother)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Joseph Gordon-Levitt has dated –
- Larisa Oleynik (1998-2002) – In July 1998, Joseph started dating actress, Larisa Oleynik after working with her on the movies 10 Things I Hate About You (1999) and Third Rock From the Sun (1996). After dating for four years, they got separated in 2002.
- Julia Stiles (1999) – In 1999, Joseph had a fling with actress, Julia Stiles while he was still dating Larisa Oleynik.
- Meighan Bennett (2012-2013) – In February 2012, Joseph started dating model, Meighan Bennett. They were first spotted together during an after-party on February 25, 2012 and soon after, the duo started dating each other. They split in 2013.
- Tasha McCauley (2014-Present) – In December 2014, Gordon-Levitt married Tasha McCauley, the founder and CEO of technology company Fellow Robots. Their first child, a son, was born in August 2015. Their second son was born in June 2017.
- In feet – 5 feet 9¼ inches
- In centimeters – 176 cm
- In meters – 1.76 m
- In Kilograms – 70 kg
- In Pounds – 154 lbs
- Measurements – 38–12–32
- Chest – 38 in or 96.50 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 12 in or 30.5 cm
- Waist – 32 in or 81 cm
Joseph became known for his role of Young Norman in A River Runs Through It (1992), Cameron James in 10 Things I hate About You (1999), Arthur in Inception (2010), Young Joe in Looper (2012).
In 1992, Joseph appeared as Student No. 1 in his debut family comedy film, Beethoven directed by Brian Levant.
In 1988, Joseph played the role of Dougie in the NBC sitcom Family Ties in just two episodes.
Joseph Gordon-Levitt Favorites
- Favorite Actor – Daniel Day-Lewis, Warren Oates, Gary Oldman, Peter Sellers
- Favorite Actress – Gena Rowlands, Julia Roberts
- Favorite Filmmaker – Christopher Nolan, Quentin Tarantino, Steven Spielberg, Rian Johnson, Stanley Kubrick
- Favorite Movie – Dr. Strangelove (1964), Pulp Fiction (1994), Big Night (1996)
- Favorite Sport – Soccer, Baseball, Basketball, Lawn Tennis
- Favorite Instrument – Drums, Guitar, Piano
- Favorite Color – Black
- Favorite Food – Burger
Joseph Gordon-Levitt Net worth
Joseph Gordon-Levitt has an estimated net worth of $35 million dollars as of 2020.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Joseph Gordon-Levitt
- Joseph was nominated for the Golden Globe Award for Best Actor-Motion Picture Musical or Comedy.
- Joseph lent his voice to the character of Jiro Horikoshi in the English version of Hayao Miyazaki’s Oscar nominated animated film The Wind Rises.
- He can speak French fluently.
- In 1994, Joseph starred in the Disney film Angels in the Outfield as an orphan.
- In 2000, he played the role as Martin Ellsworth in the romantic comedy film, Forever Lulu directed by John Kaye.
- In 2005, Joseph made his acting with the mystery film, Brick written and directed by Rian Johnson.
- In 2010, he replaced James Franco to star alongside Leonardo DiCaprio in Christopher Nolan’s science fiction thriller Inception.
- In 2011, Joseph began filming Christopher Nolan’s The Dark Knight Rises, in which he played John Blake.
- In 2013, Joseph made his feature film directing and screenwriting debut with Don Jon.
- In 2015, he starred as Philippe Petit in the biographical drama The Walk directed by Academy Award-winning director Robert Zemeckis.
- In 2017, Joseph had a voice cameo in Star Wars: The Last Jedi.
- In 2019, Joseph starred in 7500 directed by Patrick Vollrath, which had its world premiere at the Locarno Film Festival.