Jessie Diggins is an American cross country skier. She and teammate Kikkan Randall won the United States first ever cross country skiing gold medal at the Winter Olympics in women’s team sprint at Pyongyang in 2018. Diggins was named to the United States Ski Team in 2012. In the 2015/2016 World Cup she placed 8th in the overall and sprint rankings and 9th in the distance ranking.
Cross Country Skier
Birthday / Date of Birth
Jessie Diggins was born on 26 August 1991, in Afton, Minnesota, United States.
She’s currently 27 years old.
Jessie Diggins attended Stillwater High School, Stillwater, Minnesota. She was a member of the school skiing team for 6 six years and won several competitions participating in inter school and other skiing leagues. She, then enrolled at the Westminster College as a member of the U.S. Ski Team.
- Father – Clay Diggins
- Mother – Debra Diggins
- Siblings – Mackenzie Diggins (Sister)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Jessie Diggins has dated –
Due to her very low personal profile, there’s nothing much known about her relationship status.
- In feet – 5 feet 4 inches
- In centimeters – 163 cm
- In meters – 1.63 m
- In Kilograms – 58 kg
- In Pounds – 127 lbs
- Measurements – 34-25-35
- Bust – 34 inches
- Waist – 25 inches
- Hip – 35 inches
- Bra Size – 32B
She wears a size 7.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 5 (US).
- In 2010, she became a member of the Central Cross-Country Elite team and spent over a year with the team. Then, she was added to the US Ski Team in 2011, and after racing with Central Cross-Country for 2 seasons, she joined SMST2 (Stratton Mountain School T2 elite team) in 2012.
- She has won a total of 5 medals (Olympics – 1, World Cup – 4) including two gold, two silvers and one bronze. She won her first gold in the team sprint in the FIS Nordic World Ski Championships 2013 in Val di Fiemme. in 2015, she own a silver medal in the 10 kilometer free style race in the FIS Nordic World Ski Championships in Falun.
- Diggins finished third overall in the 2017–18 Tour de Ski, becoming the first American to finish on the podium in the overall classification. During the 2018 Winter Olympics she and Randall became the first American cross-country skiers to capture a gold medal by winning the women’s team sprint at the Alpensia Cross-Country Centre in PyeongChang, South Korea.
Jessie Diggins Favorites
- Favorite Sport – Adventure Sports, Jumping, Bungee Jumping and Skydiving
- Hobbies – Reading Books, Canoeing, Gardening and DIY Projects
Jessie Diggins Net worth
Her net worth is currently unavailable.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Jessie Diggins
- She was on skis before she could walk, her parents took her along with them up to the mountains in their ski backpack.
- Growing up, she joined the Minnesota Youth Ski League at the age of 3, and spent every Sunday all winter long playing games and learning how to ski.
- She spends her summer with her club training in Stratton, Vermont while she goes on racing in circuits in winter.
- Jessie made her Olympic debut in the 2014 in Sochi, finishing 8th in the 15 kolimeter skiathlon event.
- Jessie was chosen to carry torch for the United States at the 2018 Olympics closing ceremony.
- When she’s not skiing, Jessie loves to be active in other ways like hiking, camping, running, swimming, dancing or pick-up soccer games. She likes to read, is learning to play guitar and loves artsy-crafty projects.
- After graduating from high school in 2010, she deferred scholarship and instead, joined the Central Cross-Country Elite Team with whom she spent the next year with.
- As a professional athlete, most of her summers are now spent training with her club team in Stratton, Vermont.
- She joined various summer training programs in her teens; from there, she eventually started to train year-round for XC skiing.
- Like most Olympic athletes, she has a number of sponsors including Slumberland Furniture, Fastenal, Bose, Zedge, and Swix, among others.
- At the age of nineteen, she qualified for her first international competition after winning the US National title in the sprint event.
- She made her Olympic debut four years ago in Sochi, where she finished eighth in the Skiathlon.
- For strength training, she loves to dance- in fact, she often looks through YouTube for new moves to learn.
- After winning the World Championship title in 2013, she won a silver medal at her first individual event- the 10km freestyle.
- Visit her official website @ jessiediggins.com.