Jeon Do-yeon South Korean actress. Although she is not as broadly popular with the audiences as some other stars in South Korea due to her film choices, Jeon is widely respected and celebrated for her acting abilities, and many young actresses have cited her as a role model. Jeon won Best Actress at the 60th Cannes Film Festival, making her the second Korean actress to win an acting award at a prestigious film festival, and Best Performance by an Actress at the 1st Asia Pacific Screen Awards for her performance in Lee Chang-dong’s 2007 film Secret Sunshine.
Queen of Cannes
Actress, Theatre Artist, Model
Birthday / Date of Birth
Jeon Do-yeon was born on the 11th of February 1973, in Seoul, South Korea.
She’s currently 50 years old.
She is of Korean descent.
Jeon studied at Bukgajwa Elementary School, Yeonhee Girls Middle School, and Changduk Girls High School. After that, she enrolled at Seoul Institute of the Arts (a prominent educational institution specializing in the Arts located in Ansan, Gyeonggi Province) and graduated from its Department of Broadcasting.
- Father – Jeon Chil-seong
- Mother – Lee Eung-sook
- Siblings – Unknown
Boyfriend / Spouse
Jeon Do-yeon has dated –
- Kang Shi-kyu (2007-Present) – On March 11, 2007, Jeon got married to businessperson and professional car racer Kang Shi-kyu in a private wedding ceremony at Shilla Hotel. Kang is 9 years older than Jeon Do-yeon and the duo parents a daughter who was born on January 22, 2009.
- In feet – 5 feet 5 inches
- In centimeters – 165 cm
- In meters – 1.65 m
- In Kilograms – 50kg
- In Pounds – 110 lbs
- Measurements – 32-24-33
- Bust – 32 inches
- Waist – 24 inches
- Hip – 33 inches
- Bra Size – 32B
She wears a size 7.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 5 (US).
Jeon became known for playing the role of Lee Shin-ae in the drama film Secret Sunshine (2007). This role won her various accolades including the award for Best Actress at the 60th Cannes Film Festival, Asian Movie Artist Award at the 2nd Asia-Pacific Producers Network Awards, Special Achievement Award at the 44th Grand Bell Awards, Best Actress award at the 1st Asia Pacific Screen Awards, and Best Leading Actress award at the 28th Blue Dragon Film Awards.
In 1997, Do-yeon made her first theatrical film appearance as Soo-hyeon in the romantic film The Contact.
In 1992, Jeon landed her first role in television by appearing as Soo-hyun in the series, Our Paradise.
In 1990, Jeon worked as an advertisement model for Johnson & Johnson .
Jeon Do-yeon Net worth
Jeon Do-yeon has an estimated net worth of $5 million dollars as of 2023.
Social Media Profiles
- Instagram – doyeonnne
Some Lesser Known Facts About Jeon Do-yeon
- Jeon grew up in Seoul, South Korea.
- She has two older brothers, Jeon is the youngest on her family.
- In 1990, Jeon made her debut in the entertainment industry as an advertisement model for Johnson & Johnson.
- In 1992, she made her acting debut in television series Our Heaven.
- In 1997, Do-yeon made her first theatrical film appearance as Soo-hyeon in the romantic film The Contact. The film became the 2nd biggest-grossing Korean film of 1997 and Jeon Do-yeon bagged many awards including the 35th Grand Bell Award, 18th Blue Dragon Film Award, 34th Baeksang Arts Award, and 18th Korean Association of Film Critics Award.
- In 1997, her theatre credits include playing Rita in a production of Educating Rita and in 1998 Shin Jung-ha in The Queen of Opera Tears.
- In 2023, Jeon started appearing as Nam Haeng-seon (former national handball player who now runs a banchan shop) in the romantic comedy television series Crash Course in Romance.