James Dornan is an actor, model and musician from Northern Ireland. He played Sheriff Graham Humbert in the ABC series Once Upon a Time and serial killer Paul Spector in the BBC Two and RTÉ One crime drama series The Fall, the latter of which won him an Irish Film and Television Award for Best Actor in Television and was nominated for a British Academy Television Award for Best Actor.
Actor, Model, Musician
Birthday / Date of Birth
Jamie Dornan was born on May 1 1982, in Hollywood, County Down, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom.
He’s currently 36 years old.
Notting Hill, London, England
Jamie studied at Methodist College in Belfast. He was part of the rugby team and took part in drama. He attended Teesside University from where he dropped out to pursue an acting career.
- Father – Jim Dornan (Obstetrician)
- Mother – Lorna Dornan
- Siblings – Liesa Dornan (Older Sister) (Works in Disney London), Jessica Dornan (Older Sister) (Fashion Designer)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jamie Dornan has dated –
- Sienna Miller – James dated the well-known English actress Sienna Miller.
- Keira Knightley (2003–2005) – James met Keira at a photo shoot in New York in August 2003. Dornan and Keira split up in August 2005 after being in a relationship for two years.
- Kate Moss (2006–2007) – In April 2006, James started dating the English model Kate Moss. Their relationship lasted for one year till 2007 and then Jamie and Kate parted ways.
- Amelia Warner (2007–Present) – Dornan started dating Amelia in November 2007. The couple spent 5 years in a relationship and got married on April 13, 2013. The couple has two children named Dulcie (b. November 2013) and Elva (b. February 2016). They are expecting their third child together.
- In feet – 6 feet
- In centimeters – 183 cm
- In meters – 1.83 m
- In Kilograms – 77 kg
- In Pounds – 170 lbs
James is known for appearing in the movie Marie Antoinette (2006) playing as Axel von Fersen. Dornan is also known for appearing in the TV series Once Upon a Time (2011 – 2013) playing as Sheriff Graham Humbert and The Fall (2013 – 2014) playing as Paul Spector (a serial killer). In 2015, he became even more famous for his role as Christian Gray in the movie Fifty Shades of Gray.
Jamie Dornan earned his first acting credits as Axel von Fersen in the 2006 historical drama film, ‘Marie Antoinette’.
Jamie showed up in the TV series Once Upon a Time (2011 – 2013) acting as The Huntsman, Sheriff Graham Humbert. He shows up in total, of 9 episodes.
Jamie hasn’t released any music album yet, but he has two singles; Fairytale released in 2005 and My Burning Sun released in 2006.
Dornan appeared in commercials for Dolce & Gabanna, Zara, Banana Republic, Dior, Calvin Klein, and Levi’s Jeans with Lily Aldridge.
Awards & Nominations
|British Academy Television Awards|
|2014||Best Actor||The Fall||Nominated|
|British Independent Film Awards|
|2016||Best Supporting Actor||Anthropoid||Nominated|
|Broadcasting Press Guild Awards|
|2014||Breakthrough Award||The Fall||Won|
|Czech Lion Awards|
|2016||Best Supporting Actor||Anthropoid||Nominated|
|C21 International Drama Awards|
|2015||Best Male Performance||The Fall||Nominated|
|Golden Raspberry Awards|
|2016||Worst Actor||Fifty Shades of Grey||Won|
|Worst Screen Combo||Won|
|2018||Worst Actor||Fifty Shades Darker||Nominated|
|Worst Screen Combo||Nominated|
|Irish Film and Television Awards|
|2014||Best Lead Actor – Television||The Fall||Won|
|2015||Best Actor in a Lead Role – Drama||Nominated|
|2017||Best Actor||The Siege of Jadotville||Nominated|
|National Television Awards|
|2016||Drama Performance||The Fall||Nominated|
|People’s Choice Awards|
|2018||The Drama Movie Star of 2018||Fifty Shades Freed||Won|
Jamie Dornan Favorites
- Favorite Directors – Pedro Almodovar, Tim Burton
- Favorite City – New York
- Favorite Writer – Paul Auster
- Favorite TV Shows – Breaking Bad (2008-2013), Lost (2004-2010), True Detective (2014-Present)
- Favorite Books – The Picture of Dorian Gray, The Man in the Gray Flannel Suit
- Favorite Movies – Badlands (1973), Robin Hood (Disney) (1973), Terminator (1984, 1991, 2009, 2015), Die Hard (1988), Annie Hall (1977)
- Favorite Toy – The Glider
Jamie Dornan Net worth
Jamie Dornan has a net worth of $12 million dollars as of 2019.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Jamie Dornan
- Jamie’s mother was diagnosed with cancer and passed away when he was 16.
- He is able to run a 100 meters sprint in about 11 seconds.
- He is a huge fan of Manchester United.
- Dornan owns a football team called Bangor Football Club.
- He loves reading and golfing.
- He hates horror movies.
- Dornan enjoys listening to folk music and preparing barbecues.
- He took modeling in 2001 and subsequently signed with Select Model Management. He did ad campaigns for Dior Homme and Calvin Klein, among others.
- In 2005, he was named as “The Golden Torso” by The New York Times.
- In 2006, Dornan was dubbed the “male Kate Moss” by GQ and in 2015 was ranked one of the “25 Biggest Male Models of All Time” by Vogue.
- Dornan performed in the folk band Sons of Jim, until it disbanded in 2008. Sons of Jim supported Scottish singer-songwriter KT Tunstall on tour.
- In November 2014, Dornan was #3 in People Magazine’s Sexiest Man Alive rankings.
- In February 2015, it was confirmed that Dornan had signed on to reprise his role in the second and third installments of the Fifty Shades film franchise, Fifty Shades Darker, released in 2017 and Fifty Shades Freed, released in 2018.
- In March 2015, it was reported that the BBC drama The Fall will return for a third series, revealing the fate of Dornan’s character. The third season originally aired on RTÉ One and BBC Two from 25 September to 28 October 2016.
- In May 2017, it was reported that Dornan will co-star alongside Peter Dinklage in the HBO television film My Dinner with Hervé. Shooting for the film started in June 2017, it was released on October 20, 2018.