Dakota Johnson is an American actress and model. The daughter of two actors Melanie Griffith and Don Johnson, she made her film debut at age 10 with a minor appearance in Crazy in Alabama a dark comedy film which starred her mother. She also has a lead role in the upcoming psychological horror film Wounds and in the adventure film The Peanut Butter Falcon.
Dakota Mayi Johnson
Birthday / Date of Birth
Dakota Johnson was born on October 4, 1989, in Austin, Texas, United States.
She’s currently 29 years old.
Johnson went to Aspen Community School in Aspen, Colorado. Subsequently, she was enrolled at Santa Catalina School in Monterey, California for her freshman year. Later, she entered New Roads School in Santa Monica, California.
- Father – Don Johnson (Actor)
- Mother – Melanie Griffith (Actress)
- Siblings – Alexander Bauer (Half-Brother), Deacon Johnson (b. 2006) (Younger Half-Brother), Jasper (b. 2002) (Younger Half-Brother), Jesse Wayne Johnson (b. December 7, 1982) (Older Half-Brother), Stella del Carmen Banderas Griffith (b. September 24, 1996) (Younger Half-Sister), Grace (b. 1999) (Younger Half-Sister)
- Others – Antonio Banderas (Stepfather) (Spanish Film actor, producer, director and singer), Kelley Phleger (Stepmother), Tippi Hedren (Grandmother) (Actress)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Dakota Johnson dated –
- Jordan Masterson (2011-2014) – The two actors dated together from 2011 to 2014.
- Benedict Cumberbatch (2013) – In December 2013, English actor Benedict Cumberbatch was RUMORed to have had a fling with Dakota, when he had lunch with her along with another female friend in New York.
- Matthew Hitt (2014-2016) – Welsh singer, Matthew Hitt and Dakota were romantically linked to each other from April 2014 to early 2015. When Dakota’s movie, Fifty Shades of Grey was released in 2015, they split. They reconciled some months later only to call it quits again in late 2016. Their busy schedules were the reason behind the separation.
- Chris Martin (2017-Present) – In December 2017, Coldplay singer Chris Martin and Dakota started dating each other. In October 2018, rumors started appearing that the couple was expecting a child together and they had held a gender-reveal party for the same. But, it later turned out to be false news.
- In feet – 5 feet 7½ inches
- In centimeters – 171 cm
- In meters – 1.71 m
- In Kilograms – 54 kg
- In Pounds – 119 lbs
- Measurements – 34-24-34
- Bust – 34 inches
- Waist – 24 inches
- Hip – 34 inches
- Bra Size – 32B
Her natural hair color is brunette. She dyes her hair blonde or brown based upon her roles in films and television.
She wears a size 8.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 5 (US).
Playing Amelia Ritter in The Social Network (2010), as Fugazy in 21 Jump Street (2012), as Anita in the Need for Speed (2014), as Anastasia Steele in the Fifty Shades of Grey (2015).
Dakota Johnson made her on screen debut in the 1999 American comedy drama film, ‘Crazy in Alabama’ where she and her half-sister, Stella Banderas, played daughters to their real life mother, Melanie Griffith. The film was directed by her then-stepfather, Antonio Banderas.
She played the role as Kate Fox in Fox’s single-camera situation comedy television series Ben and Kate. The actress was a part of the main cast in all the 16 episodes of the series.
In 2009, she modeled for MANGO brand’s jeans line. In 2011, Dakota appeared in the Rising Star campaign for Australian fashion house Wish.
Dakota Johnson Favorites
- Favorite Song – “Beast of Burden” by The Rolling Stones (Fifty Shades of Grey)
Dakota Johnson Net worth
Dakota Johnson has a net worth of $15 million dollars as of 2019.
Social Media Profiles
- Instagram – dakotajohnson
Some Lesser Known Facts About Dakota Johnson
- She was an avid dancer as a child.
- She made her big screen debut at the age of 10.
- She is good friends with Riley Keough.
- She has a dog named Zeppelin.
- At 12, she had a photo shoot for Teen Vogue with some other children of her age. This sparked interest in her to pursue modeling.
- Dakota was named Miss Golden Globe in 2006. With that honour, she became the first second-generation Miss Golden Globe in the history of the annual Golden Globe Awards.
- She was named as one of the 55 faces of the future by Nylon Magazine’s Young Hollywood Issue in May 2010.
- Dakota deleted her private social media Instagram account and stopped posting pictures on her public account due to negative comments from internet trolls.
- In 2009, she modelled for jeans line of MANGO brand and in 2011 she travelled to Sydney in Australia and filmed the ‘Rising Star’ campaign for ‘Wish’ fashion label.
- She was ranked one of the best dressed women in 2018 by fashion website Net-a-Porter.
- In 2019, Johnson starred in the psychological horror film, Wounds, opposite Armie Hammer, directed by Babak Anvari, based upon a horror novella The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud.