Grace VanderWaal is an American singer-songwriter. She earned wide notice at an early age and is known for her distinctive vocals, often accompanying herself on the ukulele. VanderWaal began her musical career by posting videos of her original songs and covers on YouTube and performing at open mic nights near her hometown of Suffern, New York. In September 2016, at age 12, she won the eleventh season of the NBC TV competition show America’s Got Talent (AGT), singing her original songs. In December 2016, she released her first EP, Perfectly Imperfect, on the Columbia Records label. VanderWaal won the 2017 Radio Disney Music Award for Best New Artist and a Teen Choice Award, has been named to Billboard magazine’s 21 Under 21 list of fast-rising young music stars in four consecutive years, received the 2017 Billboard Women in Music Rising Star Award and is the youngest person ever included in Forbes‘ 30 Under 30 Music List.
Grace Avery VanderWaal
Singer-Songwriter, Ukulele Player
Vocals, Ukulele, Piano, Saxophone
Birthday / Date of Birth
Grace VanderWaal was born on the 15th of January 2004, in Kansas City, Kansas, United States.
She’s currently 15 years old.
VanderWaal was home-schooled and enrolled in online courses for 7th grade but later attended public school part of the time.
- Father – David VanderWaal (Vice President of Marketing at LG)
- Mother – Tina VanderWaal
- Siblings – Jacob VanderWaal (Older Brother) and Olivia VanderWaal (Older Sister)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Grace VanderWaal has dated –
Grace has largely opted to keep her personal life away from the public spotlight, which makes it difficult for us to say anything about her love life and dating history.
- In feet – 5 feet 5 inches
- In centimeters – 165 cm
- In meters – 1.65 m
- In Kilograms – 48 kg
- In Pounds – 106 lbs
- Measurements – 32-23-33
- Bust – 32 inches
- Waist – 23 inches
- Hip – 33 inches
- Bra Size – 30B
She wears a size 6.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 4 (US).
VanderWaal began her musical career by posting videos of her original songs and covers on YouTube and performing at open mic nights near her hometown of Suffern, New York. In September 2016, at age 12, she won the eleventh season of the NBC TV competition show America’s Got Talent (AGT), singing her original songs. In December 2016, she released her first EP, Perfectly Imperfect, on the Columbia Records label.
In 2016, Grace made her first television show appearance as a participant in America’s Got Talent.
In November 2017, Grace released her debut album Just the Beginning via Columbia Records. It peaked at #22 on Billboard 200.
Grace VanderWaal has endorsed Fender Musical Instruments.
Awards & Nominations
|2016||America’s Got Talent||Won|
|Radio Disney Music Awards||Best New Artist||Won|
|2017||Acoustic Music Awards||Best Female Artist||Nominated|
|Teen Choice Awards||Choice Next Big Thing||Won|
|Billboard Women in Music 2017||Rising Star Award||Won|
|2018||Radio Disney Music Awards||Best Song That Makes You Smile||Nominated|
|MTV Video Music Awards||Push Artist of the Year||Nominated|
|MTV Europe Music Awards||Best Push Artist||Won|
|32nd Japan Gold Disc Awards||New Artist of the Year, Best 3 New Artists||Won|
Grace VanderWaal Favorites
- Favorite Role Model – Katy Perry
- Favorite Musical Influences – Katy Perry, Jason Mraz, Twenty One Pilots
- Favorite Vacation Destination – Italy
- Favorite Color – Black
- Favorite Food – Pizza
Grace VanderWaal Net worth
Grace VanderWaal has an estimated net worth of $2.5 million dollars as of 2019.
Social Media Profiles
- Facebook – Grace VanderWaal
- Instagram – gracevanderwaal
- Twitter – Grace VanderWaal
- YouTube Channel – Grace VanderWaal, GraceVanderWaalVEVO
Some Lesser Known Facts About Grace VanderWaal
- Grace started composing her songs by the age of 3. She used to have a wireless microphone for the task.
- While growing up, she took inspiration from movies and movie characters for songs. She used to imagine what particular character might be feeling and then write a song on it.
- She learned how to play ukulele by watching YouTube videos.
- While studying in school, she used to be in school marching band.
- In 2015, VanderWaal began to record song covers and original songs, accompanying herself on ukulele and to post them on her YouTube channel. She includes among her musical influences such artists as Jason Mraz, Twenty One Pilots and Katy Perry.
- In 2016, the Billboard magazine included her in the 21 Under 21 list of music’s hottest young stars.
- By winning America’s Got Talent, she created a history by becoming the first 12-year-old to win the competition.
- In July 2016, after her audition on AGT, VanderWaal performed at the Lafayette Theatre in Suffern and then at the Ramapo Summer Concert Series at Palisades Credit Union Park.
- In December 2016, she released her first EP, Perfectly Imperfect, on the Columbia Records label.
- In January 2017, VanderWaal sang I Don’t Know My Name on Live with Kelly. She performed atop the Empire State Building for engaged couples at the building’s Valentine’s Day lighting event in February.
- In March 2017, she performed at We Day Illinois at Allstate Arena to celebrate young people’s action on social issues.
- In June 2017, VanderWaal launched Perfectly Imperfect in Japan performing and meeting with fans there. She donated funds to help establish an elementary school show choir in the East Ramapo Central School District, sponsored scholarships for graduating seniors from each of Ramapo and Spring Valley High Schools pursuing music and another show choir at Chestnut Ridge Middle School.
- In November 2017, she released a full-length album, Just the Beginning.
- Apart from ukulele, she is also adept at playing piano and saxophone.
- She is the youngest person ever included in Forbes‘ 30 Under 30 Music List.
- In March 2018, VanderWaal travelled to Kenya with the Starkey Hearing Foundation to help hearing-impaired youth there.
- In December 2018, she returned to Live with Kelly and Ryan together with Ingrid Michaelson to perform their duet from Songs for the Season of Rockin Around the Christmas Tree.
- In early 2019, VanderWaal released the single Stray and recorded her first soundtrack song, Hideaway, for the animated film Wonder Park.
- Visit her official website @ gracevanderwaal.com.