Eva Mendes is an American actress, model and businesswoman. She began acting in the late 1990s. After a series of roles in B movies such as Children of the Corn V: Fields of Terror and Urban Legends: Final Cut, she made a career changing appearance in Training Day. Since then Mendes has co-starred in films such as All About the Benjamins, 2 Fast 2 Furious, Ghost Rider, We Own the Night, Stuck on You, Hitch and The Other Guys.
Eva de la Caridad Méndez
Actress, Model, Businesswoman
Birthday / Date of Birth
Eva Mendes was born on 5 March 1974 in Miami, Florida, United States.
She is currently 45 years old.
Los Feliz, Los Angeles, United States
Eva attended Hoover High School in Glendale, California. After that, to study marketing, Mendes went California State University, Northridge, but soon she discovered that Hollywood is calling her and decided to drop out of the university.
- Father – Juan Carlos Mendez
- Mother – Eva Perez Suarez
- Siblings – Janet Mendes (Older Sister), Carlo Mendez (Parental Half-Brother)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Eva Mendes dated –
- George Augusto Gargurevich (2002-2011) – Eva had a longtime relationship with Peruvian film / TV producer. They started dating in December 2002. Though it is not known when the duo stopped dating each other, but it is somewhere around 2011.
- Jason Sudeikis (2011) – Jason and Mendes were RUMORed to be an item around June 2011 – July 2011 as they were spotted together on dates.
- Ryan Gosling (2011-Present) – Eva Mendes was spotted with Gosling at Disneyland during a weekend of Labor Day 2011. They were seen kissing and holding hands at the park. They have two daughters: Esmeralda (born September 12, 2014) and Amada Lee (born April 29, 2016).
- In feet – 5 feet 6 inches
- In centimeters – 168 cm
- In meters – 1.68 m
- In Kilograms – 56 kg
- In Pounds – 123 lbs
- Measurements – 36-25-36
- Bust – 36 inches
- Waist – 25 inches
- Hip – 36 inches
- Bra Size – 32D
She wears a size 8 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 7 (US).
She achieved fame for her roles in the movies Hitch, 2 Fast 2 Furious and Training Day.
Mendes had her first appearance as Kir in the 1998 direct-to-video film Children of the Corn V: Fields of Terror. Her first breakthrough role was as Sara Harris in Antoine Fuqua’s crime thriller Training Day. The role required her to go fully nude for a scene with Denzel Washington.
In 1998, she appeared in an episode of a TV series, ER for her role as Donna.
Eva has endorsed a number of brands and products such as Reebok EasyTone, Cocio chocolate milk, Cartier jewelry, Pantene shampoo, Magnum ice-cream, Revlon make-up, Calvin-Klein (for perfume and underwear), Thierry Mugler perfume, Campari apéritif, Morgan clothes and Peek & Cloppenburg clothes.
- Natural brunette hair
- Deep sultry voice
- Beauty mark on her left cheek
- Curvaceous figure
- Buxom figure
Awards & Nominations
|2002||ALMA Awards||Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Motion Picture||Training Day||Nominated|
|2004||Teen Choice Awards||Choice Movie: Female Breakout Star||N/A||Nominated|
|2005||Capri Hollywood Awards||Capri Global Award||N/A||Won|
|Teen Choice Awards||Choice Movie: Love Scene||Hitch||Nominated|
|2006||ALMA Awards||Outstanding Actress in a Motion Picture||Nominated|
|2007||ALMA Awards||Outstanding Actress in a Motion Picture||Trust the Man||Nominated|
|Imagen Foundation Awards||Best Actress – Feature Film||Ghost Rider||Nominated|
|2009||ALMA Awards||Outstanding Actress in a Motion Picture||The Women and The Spirit||Nominated|
|Giffoni Film Festival||Giffoni Award||N/A||Won|
|2011||ALMA Awards||Favorite Movie Actress – Comedy/Musical||The Other Guys||Nominated|
|Teen Choice Awards||Choice Movie Actress – Comedy||Nominated|
|2012||Imagen Foundation Awards||Best Actress – Feature Film||Girl in Progress||Nominated|
|ALMA Awards||Favorite Movie Actress – Drama/Adventure||Nominated|
|2013||Imagen Foundation Awards||Best Actress – Feature Film||The Place Beyond the Pines||Nominated|
|2016||Premios Juventud||Actriz Que Se Roba La Pantalla||N/A||Nominated|
Eva Mendes Favorites
- Favorite TV Show – Downton Abbey
- Favorite Book – The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand
- Favorite Holiday Destination – The Amalfi Coast, Italy
- Favorite Beauty Product – Perricone MD No Foundation Foundation
- Favorite Movies – Best in Show (2000), Legend (1985)
- Favorite Hobbies – Music, Hiking, Biking, Skiing, Mountain Climbing, Interior Design
Eva Mendes Net worth
Eva Mendes has a net worth of $18 million dollars as of 2019. She lives in a luxury house in Hollywood valued at $1.269 million with all luxury included like jacuzzi, sauna, home office, bar, etc. She owns a Lexus RX400H.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Eva Mendes
- She always considered Cindy Crawford as her role model, while growing up.
- She was raised Roman Catholic and had shown her desire to be a nun.
- She can speak Spanish fluently. Instead, English is her second language.
- In 2003 film, Bruce Almighty, Mendes was originally cast. But, she was replaced by Catherine Bell due to Mendes’ busy schedule.
- Eva has appeared in the music videos of Will Smith, Pet Shop Boys, and Aerosmith.
- She appeared nude in a print advertisement for Calvin Klein’s Secret Obsession perfume, an ad which was banned in the United States.
- Eva was ranked #80 in the 2004 edition, and #53 in the 2005 edition and #44 in the 2006 edition of FHM magazine’s “100 Sexiest Women in the World”.
- Her mother tongue is Spanish and she speaks English fluently as well.
- In 2008, Eva she has entered the Cinque Lodge rehab facility in Utah to battle substance abuse issues.
- She is good friends with Cameron Diaz and Will Smith.
- Eva was last seen in Gosling’s directorial debut Lost River in 2014. She quit acting in order to take care of her family and overseeing her successful clothing line with New York & Company.
- Mendes has a line of bed linens and dinnerware that is sold at Macy’s.