Esha Gupta is an Indian film actress, model and the winner of the Miss India International title of 2007. She has established a career in Bollywood films. Gupta entered the Femina Miss India contest in 2007, where she placed third and won the Miss India International title and later represented India at Miss International pageant. She soon received offers for film roles, and made her acting debut in the 2012 moderately successful crime thriller Jannat 2 that fetched her a nomination for the Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut.
Birthday / Date of Birth
Esha Gupta was born on 28 November 1985, in New Delhi, India.
She’s currently 33 year sold.
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Esha Gupta attended Blue Bells International School in New Delhi and later enrolled at the School of Communication, Manipal Institute of Technology, Manipal to study Mass Communication. She also got a law scholarship at Newcastle University, but she just traded it off for a Bollywood career.
- Father – Omkaar Gupta (Retired Air Force Officer)
- Mother – Rekha Gupta née Amrohi (Homemaker)
- Siblings – Neha Gupta (Older Sister) (Fashion Designer, Owner of the fashion label, Ranian), Karan Gupta (Brother)
- Others – Nitin Mirani (Cousin) (International Stand-up Comedian)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Esha Gupta has dated –
- Arman Gujral (2009–2013) – Arman is the son of a famous architect and CEO of DLF India, Mohit Gujral and former model, Feroze Gujral. He was Esha’s first serious relationship. The model met him at F-Bar in Delhi while accompanying some of her older male friends and their girlfriends. The two went out on a couple of dates thereafter and discovered an undeniable mutual attraction. Three months after meeting Arman, Esha was introduced to his mother and sister by restaurateur AD Singh since all the 3 women were cast to walk in the same ramp show in Delhi, much to Arman’s surprise. To strengthen their bond, Esha and Arman frequently went out on several vacations together and Arman frequently visited the model at her Mumbai residence when she decided to make a foray into the Indian film industry. However, the couple primarily had a long distance relationship for 5 years since Arman studied and resided in Boston, Massachusetts. He was also younger than Esha and there were rumors that Arman’s family disapproved of Esha’s professional interest in becoming an actress. However, the physical distance between the couple was widely speculated to be one of the primary reasons why they decided to part ways.
- Randeep Malik (2013) – She was briefly associated with then wannabe actor Randeep Malik. Until 2018, he was not been able to bag any project of substantial repute.
- Héctor Bellerín (2016) – In September 2016, Esha was seen on a date with Spanish footballer, Héctor Bellerín. The date took place at Vanilla Black, a London-based vegetarian restaurant.
- Nikhil Thampi (2018) – In 2018, Esha posted a few pictures on her official Instagram account with fashion designer, Nikhil Thampi. The pictures were accompanied with cryptic captions that appeared to imply that the two might be dating. However, later on, the actress clarified that they are merely close friends.
- Hardik Pandya (2018) – Ever since Indian cricket player, Hardik broke up with Swedish actress Elli AvrRam, who works in the Indian entertainment industry; the media continuously speculated about the cricketer’s possible relationship with Esha Gupta. Neither of the two celebrities ever confirmed their involvement with each other.
- In feet – 5 feet 7.75 inches
- In centimeters – 172 cm
- In meters – 1.72 m
- In Kilograms – 56 kg
- In Pounds – 123 lbs
- Measurements – 34-25-35
- Bust – 34 inches
- Waist – 25 inches
- Hip – 35 inches
- Bra Size – 32B
She wears a size 8.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 4 (US).
For her roles as Dr. Jhanvi Singh Tomar in the 2012 Bollywood film Jannat 2, Rhea Menon in 2012 Bollywood film Chakravyuh and as Priti Makhija in Rustom.
Esha Gupta made her Bollywood debut with Mahesh Bhatt’s crime thriller ‘Jannat 2’, in which she played the role of Dr. Jhanvi Singh Tomar in 2012.
In 2012, Esha was a host on NAT GEO Super Cars aired on National Geographic.
Splash Fashions, Hazoorilal Jewelry by Sandeep Narang, Yepme fashion wear, Iconic clothing line, Moda Elementi, Garnier Long & Strong, Aza Fashions (for designer Arpita Mehta), Designer Dhruv Kapoor, RS Jeans by Rocky Star, Pernia Qureshi, Marks & Spencer India and many more.
Awards & Nominations
|2012||ETC Bollywood Business Awards||Most Profitable Debut (Female)||Raaz 3||Nominated|
|2013||Filmfare Awards||Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut||Jannat 2||Nominated|
|MaTa Sanam Awards||Best Female Debut||Jannat 2||Won|
|Stardust Award||Stardust Award for Superstar of Tomorrow – Female||Jannat 2 / Raaz 3||Nominated|
|Stardust Award||Stardust Award for Best Actress||Chakravyuh||Nominated|
|Zee Cine Award||Best Female Debut||Jannat 2||Nominated|
|2014||Star Screen Award||Best Actress (Popular Choice)||Humshakals||Nominated|
|2016||Lux Golden Rose Award||Best Supporting Actress||Rustom||Nominated|
|2017||BIG Zee Entertainment Awards||Most Entertaining Actor in a Thriller Film – Female||Rustom||Nominated|
Esha Gupta Favorites
- Favorite Actor – Hrithik Roshan
- Favorite Actress – Priyanka Chopra, Kangana Ranaut, Sonam Kapoor
- Favorite Musician – Jay Z
- Favorite Color – White, Green
- Favorite Perfume – Poison by Christian Dior
- Favorite Fashion Brand – Zara, Mango, Pull & Bear, Tod
- Favorite Destination – London
- Favorite Car – Aston Martin V8 Vantagen Coupe
- Favorite Soccer Player – Alexis Sanchez, Mesut Ozil
- Favorite Sports Team – Arsenal Football Club
- Favorite Jewelry Metal – Silver
- Favorite Guilty Pleasure – Chocolate
- Favorite Film – Andaz Apna Apna (1994), Khuda Gawah (1992)
- Favorite Essential Makeup Items – Mascara, Lip Balm
- Favorite Food – Rajma Chawal, Mishti Doi
Esha Gupta Net worth
Esha Gupta has a estimated net worth of $3 million dollars as of 2019. She lives in a luxurious apartment in the posh area of Mumbai and drives a BMW of worth Rs 60 lakh.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Esha Gupta
- In her childhood, she aspired to be a chef and then a pilot before she discovered her love for modeling in college.
- She got a scholarship to study law at Newcastle University in England but dropped that opportunity to become a model and actress.
- Esha finished third in the Femina Miss India 2007 contest, eventually winning the Miss India International title, and later represented India at Miss International pageant.
- She won Miss Photogenic Face title in the Femina Miss India 2007 beauty pageant contest.
- She has featured topless in the Kingfisher Calendar 2010, which landed her a lead role in Mahesh Bhatt’s Jannat 2.
- In 2013, She ranked #55 on FHM list of World’s Sexiest 100 Women.
- Esha has been included in Times of India’s Most Desirable Women list for straight three years from 2013 to 2015.
- In 2013, Esha stood at #5 on Times of India’s Hotlist 2012 Most Promising Female Newcomer list.
- In 2013, Esha turned down the offer to endorse a fairness product because she felt morally responsible for not participating in any project that conveyed the superiority of any skin tone over another.
- In January 2017, Esha was made the Goodwill Ambassador for Touching Little Heart project that aims at providing 500 heart surgeries at no cost for kids under 16 years of age.
- In 2019, she played a supporting character in comedy film Total Dhamaal. The film grossed $28 million worldwide in twelve days of release and was one of the highest grossing Bollywood films of 2019.