Debra Messing is an American actress. Messing received short-lived roles on television series such as Ned and Stacey on Fox and Prey on ABC. She achieved her breakthrough role as Grace Adler, an interior designer, on the NBC sitcom Will & Grace for which she was critically acclaimed, receiving six Golden Globe Award nominations and five Primetime Emmy Award nominations for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series, winning once in 2003.
Debra Lynn Messing
Birthday / Date of Birth
Debra Messing was born on 15 August 1968, in Brooklyn, New York, United States.
She’s currently 50 years old.
She divides her time between New York City and Los Angeles.
She has Russian and Polish ancestry.
She practices Judaism.
Debra Messing went to the East Greenwich High School. Upon high school graduation, she got enrolled at the Brandeis University on her parents’ advice, who felt she should complete her education before pursuing acting full time. She graduated summa cum laude from the university in 1990 with a Bachelor of Arts degree in theatre arts. In her junior year at the university, Debra got an opportunity to study theatre in British European Studies Group of London (BESGL) program. She later got into Graduate Acting Program with New York University’s Tisch School of the Arts. The elite acting program only accepts 15 students every year. She graduated three years later with a Master of Fine Arts.
- Father – Brian Messing (Worked as a sales executive for a costume jewelry packaging manufacturer)
- Mother – Sandra Messing (Banker, travel and real estate agent and a professional singer)
- Siblings – Brett Messing (Older Brother)
- Others – Alfred Simons (Maternal Grandfather), Tinnie Simons (Maternal Grandmother)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Debra Messing has dated–
- Daniel Zelman (2000-2016) – Debra first met screenwriter and actor Daniel Zelman on their very first day at the New York University as graduate students in 1990. After dating for nearly a decade they got married in September 2000 and started living in Manhattan. In April 2004, she gave birth to their son, Roman Walker Zelman. In December 2011, they decided to separate. In June 2012, Debra officially filed for divorce. The divorce was eventually formalized in March 2016.
- Will Chase (2011-2014) – Messing started dating actor Will Chase towards the end of 2011. They had grown pretty fond of each other while working together in the show, Their romance was made public just 9 days after she had confirmed that she had separated from her husband. In October 2014, she released an official statement revealing that they had called time on their relationship. In the statement, she refused to reveal the cause of their breakup but stated that they remained good friends.
- In feet – 5 feet 8 inches
- In centimeters – 173 cm
- In meters – 1.73 m
- In Kilograms – 60 kg
- In Pounds – 132 lbs
- Measurements – 35-25-35
- Bust – 35 inches
- Waist – 25 inches
- Hip – 35 inches
- Bra Size – 34A
She wears a size 9.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 6 (US).
Debra Messing is famous for portraying Grace Adler in the popular NBC sitcom, Will & Grace. For her stellar performance in the show, she won 5 Primetime Emmy Award nominations and 6 Golden Globe Award nominations. She managed to win an Emmy for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series.
In 1995, Debra made her theatrical film debut in the romantic comedy movie, A Walk in the Clouds, which had Keanu Reeves in the leading role.
In 1994, Debra Messing made her first TV show appearance in the police procedural TV show, NYPD Blue.
Debra has appeared in several TV commercials like Clairol’s Nice ‘n Easy hair color, Clairol Herbal Essence Shampoo, Meaningful Beauty, Joyful Heart Foundation and many others.
Debra Messing Favorites
- Favorite TV Guilty Pleasure – The Real Housewives of Atlanta
- Favorite Comedy Movie – Home Alone (1990)
- Favorite Pizza Topping – Pepperoni
- Favorite Juice – Celery Cucumber Juice
- Favorite Emoji – Two Hands Joined in Prayer
- Favorite Food – Turkey Breast, Cucumber, Quinoa, Avocados, Strawberries, Bananas, and Blueberries
Debra Messing Net worth
Debra Messing has an estimated net worth of $20 million dollars as of 2019. She takes $125 thousand as salary per episode. She made a huge amount of money from her television roles and film, not to mention her lucrative brand endorsement deals.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Debra Messing
- During her school days, Debra acted and sang in several productions at East Greenwich High School. She also took lessons in dance, singing and acting.
- While studying at the New York University, she took circus courses such as juggling and trapeze as part of her curriculum.
- In 1986, she managed to win Rhode Island’s Junior Miss competition, which made her eligible for a competition held for America’s Junior Miss scholarship program.
- In 2002, Debra was included in the list featuring “50 Most Beautiful People”, which was compiled by the People Magazine.
- In 2003, the TV Guide declared her the best-dressed woman of the year.
- In 2005, she was conferred with the Women in Film Lucy Award in recognition of her excellence and innovation in her creative works that have enhanced the perception of women through the medium of television.
- Debra was a judge on the season finale of the second season of Bravo’s reality show, Project Runway.
- If she hadn’t become an actress, she would have loved to become a litigator.