Daniel Sunjata is an American actor who performs in film, television and theater. He is known for his role as Franco Rivera in the FX television series Rescue Me. He also starred as Paul Briggs in USA Network’s series, Graceland. He received a Tony Award nomination as well as a Drama Desk Award nomination for his work in Take Me Out. Sunjata was once placed in People’s list of ‘50 Most Beautiful People’.
Daniel Sunjata Condon
Birthday / Date of Birth
Daniel Sunjata was born on the 30th of December 1971, in Evanston, Illinois, United States.
He is currently 50 years old.
He has African American, Irish, and German ancestry.
Daniel graduated from Mount Carmel High School in Chicago. After attending Florida A&M University, he earned a Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of Louisiana at Lafayette and a Master of Fine Arts from the Graduate Acting Program at New York University’s Tisch School of the Arts.
- Father – Bill Condon
- Mother – Catherine Condon
- Siblings – Unknown
Girlfriend / Spouse
Daniel Sunjata has dated –
Daniel has largely opted to keep his personal life away from the public spotlight, which makes it difficult for us to say anything about his love life and dating history.
- In feet – 6 feet 1 inches
- In centimeters – 185 cm
- In meters – 1.85 m
- In Kilograms – 73 kg
- In Pounds – 160 lbs
Daniel became known after appearing as a actor as Franco Rivera in the Rescue Me, FX television series. Sunjata also starred as Paul Briggs in USA Network’s series, Graceland (2013). He also starred in the ESPN miniseries The Bronx is Burning as Reggie Jackson.
In 1998, Sunjata had his first film onscreen role in Valentine movie Twelfth Night, or What You Will.
In 2000, Daniel landed his first role in television by appearing in the Tv show, D.C. The name of the role is Lewis Freeman.
Daniel Sunjata Net worth
Daniel Sunjata has an estimated net worth of $2 million dollars as of 2022.
Some Lesser Known Facts About Daniel Sunjata
- Daniel was born on 30 December 1971 and grew up in Evanston, Illinois, USA in an affluent foster family.
- He is globally known for appearing as Nurse Eli, a recurring cast in the 2010s drama-romantic Tv series called Grey’s Anatomy developed by Shonda Rhimes featuring popular artists like Ellen Pompeo, James Pickens Jr, and Chandra Wilson.
- Sunjata played the role of a sailor on shore leave on the first post-9/11 themed episode of Sex and the City.
- In 2004, he portrayed poet Langston Hughes in the film Brother to Brother and James Holt, a fashion designer, in The Devil Wears Prada (2006).
- Sunjata starred as firefighter Franco Rivera on the television program Rescue Me.
- In 2007, he also starred in the ESPN miniseries The Bronx is Burning as Reggie Jackson.
- His favorite actor is Tom Hanks.
- He appeared as a Special Forces Operative in Christopher Nolan’s The Dark Knight Rises (2012).
- In 2003, he won a Theatre World Award for his breakout Broadway performance as a gay Major League Baseball player who comes out to the public in Take Me Out, the Tony award-winning play, which also earned him nominations for a Tony Award and Drama Desk Award.
- In 2010, he played Nurse Eli on the TV series Grey’s Anatomy and had a relationship with Dr. Miranda Bailey.
- In 2013, Sunjata played FBI agent Paul Briggs on Graceland, which aired on USA Network. The show was canceled in 2015 after 3 seasons.