Chyler Leigh is an American actress, singer and model. She is known for portraying Janey Briggs in the comedy film Not Another Teen Movie, Lexie Grey in the ABC medical drama series Grey’s Anatomy and Alex Danvers in the DC Comics superhero series Supergirl.
Chyler Leigh Potts
Actress, Model, Singer
Pop, Pop Rock, Alternative Rock
Birthday / Date of Birth
Chyler Leigh was born on April 10, 1982, in Charlotte, North Carolina, United States.
She’s currently 37 years old.
Los Angeles, California, United States
She has English, Danish, French and Irish ancestry.
At age 16, Leigh took and passed the California High School Proficiency Exam.
- Father – Robert Potts (Operated Weight Loss Business)
- Mother – Yvonne Norton (Ran Weight Loss Business with her husband)
- Siblings – Christopher Khayman Lee (Brother)
- Relatives – Robert Louis Potts (Paternal Grandfather), Violet Leone Peterson (Paternal Grandmother)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Chyler Leigh has dated –
- Nathan West (2002-Present) – Chyler first met actor Nathan West at the age of 16. West was 20 years old at that time. They were both up for an audition for the pilot of a WB series called Saving Graces, which wasn’t taken up for the production. In 2002, Leigh married fellow actor Nathan West in Alaska. The couple worked together in 2000 on the television series 7th Heaven, playing Mary Camden’s (Jessica Biel) troubled friends Frankie and Johnnie. In December 2003, she gave birth to their son, Noah Wilde. In September 2006, she gave birth to their first daughter, Taelyn Leigh. They welcomed their second daughter Anniston Kae into their family in May 2009.
- In feet – 5 feet 6½ inches
- In centimeters – 169 cm
- In meters – 1.69 m
- In Kilograms – 57 kg
- In Pounds – 126 lbs
- Measurements – 35-24-34
- Bust – 35 inches
- Waist – 24 inches
- Hip – 34 inches
- Bra Size – 32C
Dark Blonde (Natural)
She wears a size 8.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 5 (US).
Being cast in the role of Alexandra “Alex” Danvers in the action drama TV series, Supergirl. She has reprised this role in other superhero TV series such as The Flash, Arrow and Legends of Tomorrow.
In 1997, Chyler made her theatrical film debut in a lead role in the action comedy movie, Kickboxing Academy. She was 15 years old at the time of her debut.
In 1996, Chyler Leigh made her first TV show appearance on drama series, Hall Pass.
Chyler Leigh was featured in the commercials for leading brands such as Wendy’s & Coca-Cola.
Awards & Nominations
|2000||Young Artist Awards||Best Performance in a TV Series – Young Ensemble||Safe Harbor||Nominated|
|2002||Young Hollywood Awards||Exciting New Face-Female||Herself||Won|
|2008||Screen Actors Guild Awards||Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series||Grey’s Anatomy||Nominated|
Chyler Leigh Favorites
- Favorite TV Show – Friends (1994-2004)
- Favorite City – New York City (in the USA)
- Favorite Food Indulgence – Ice cream
- Favorite Beauty Products – Garnier Nutritioniste Nutri-Pure Detoxifying Wet Cleansing Towelettes, St. Ives Apricot Scrub, Dermalogica Active Moist Moisturizer
Chyler Leigh Net worth
Chyler Leigh has a estimated net worth of $5 million dollars as of 2019. She lives with her family in Los Angeles.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Chyler Leigh
- She started modeling when she was in eighth grade. She also started appearing in television commercials and acted in a teen news show Hall Pass.
- Soon after she started her modeling career at the age of 12, she started smoking.
- In 1999, Chyler moved with her mother to Los Angeles to get a better shot at the acting career.
- She has done advocacy work for The Thirst Project, which is a non-profit organization that aims to provide safe drinking water to the communities all over the world.
- In 2003, she appeared in a role in the TV series ‘The Practice,’ which had been airing from 1997. The series won multiple Golden Globe awards as well as several Emmy awards.
- In 2002, she was placed in the 65th position in Hot 100 Women of 2002 list created by the Maxim magazine.
- In 2002, she was placed by Stuff Magazine on the 41st spot on their list featuring 102 Sexiest Women in the World.
- In 2010, she was seen in a lead role in the film The 19th Wife. It was an adaptation of a novel of the same name by David Ebershoff. She next played a main role in the 2012 American thriller film Brake.
- In 2014, she played the lead role in Taxi Brooklyn a TV series, where she played a police detective. The following year, she was seen in the TV series Supergirl.
- In October 2015, Leigh began starring in a lead role in the CBS/CW DC Comics television show Supergirl as Alex Danvers, the elder adoptive sister of the titular character and a scientist and government agent at the DEO.
- Visit her official website @ chyler-leigh.org.