Chance the Rapper is an American rapper, singer, songwriter, actor and activist. Chance released his debut mixtape 10 Day in 2012. He began to gain mainstream recognition in 2013 after releasing his second mixtape, Acid Rap which gained critical praise. He then released his third mixtape, Coloring Book, in 2016, which garnered further critical acclaim and attention. It earned him three Grammy Awards, including the award for Best Rap Album; upon winning, it became the first streaming-only album to win a Grammy Award and peaked at number eight on the Billboard 200. His debut studio album The Big Day was released on July 26, 2019.
Chancelor Johnathan Bennett
Chance The Rapper, Chano
Rapper, Singer, Songwriter, Record Producer
Hip Hop, Rap
Vocals, Piano, Sampler
Unsigned / Independent
Birthday / Date of Birth
Chance The Rapper was born on the 16th of April 1993, in Chicago, Illinois, United States.
He’s currently 26 years old.
Chance attended the Jones College Prep High School. There he was a member of the Jewish Student Union. After graduating from high school, Bennett attended a community college for a week before dropping out.
- Father – Ken Williams Bennett (Deputy Chief of Staff to Mayor Rahm Emanuel)
- Mother – Lisa Bennett
- Siblings – Taylor Bennett (Younger Brother) (Rapper)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Chance The Rapper has dated –
- Kirsten Corley (2013-Present) – Chance The Rapper began dating Kirsten Corley in 2013. In September 2015, she gave birth to their daughter, Kensli. On July 4, 2018 they became engaged after 5 years together. The two married on March 9, 2019 at the Pelican Hill Resort in Newport Beach, California with guests including Kim Kardashian and Kanye West. In September 2019, Chance’s wife Kirsten announced they had their second daughter named, Marli.
- In feet – 5 feet 10 inches
- In centimeters – 178 cm
- In meters – 1.78 m
- In Kilograms – 77 kg
- In Pounds – 170 lbs
His shoe size is 10.5 (US).
Chance is best known for his mixtape, Coloring Book, which debuted at #8 on Billboard 200, becoming the first release to chart solely on streams. It received three Grammy nominations including Best Rap Album.
In 2015, Chance made his film debut with a short film Mr. Happy in the role of Victor.
In 2013, Chance appeared in the Adult Swim’s comedy series The Eric Andre Show.
Chance has appeared in a number of TV commercials including H&M, Nike, Subaru Impreza, New Era, Kenzo, Kit Kat, Texture App, Myspace, 2017 Firefly Music Festival, Apple Music and ESPN’s NBA.
Chance The Rapper Favorites
- Favorite Movie – The Brothers Bloom (2008)
- Favorite Cereals – Mini Wheats, Frosted Flakes, Lucky Charms
- Favorite TV Shows – Boardwalk Empire or Workaholics
- Favorite Comedians – Mitch Hedberg, Aziz, Hannibal Burress, Dave Chappelle, Nick Thune, Eddie Murphy
- Favorite Video Games – Mario Kart, Fight Night and Zombies
- Favorite Song – We Don’t Care by Kanye West
- Favorite Sandwich – Cheeseburger with Lettuce
Chance The Rapper Net worth
Chance The Rapper has an estimated net worth of $9 million dollars as of 2019. He has many cars to his car collection, including a Lamborghini and a Land Rover.
Social Media Profiles
- Facebook – Chance The Rapper
- Instagram – chancetherapper
- Twitter – Chance The Rapper
- YouTube Channel – Chance The Rapper
Some Lesser Known Facts About Chance The Rapper
- During his senior year in high school, he was suspended from school for 10 days for possession of marijuana on the campus.
- He developed a love for music after listening to Michael Jackson songs and continued to listen Billie Holiday and Sam Cooke music while growing up.
- He cites Kanye West as his biggest musical influences. Bennett and West met each other in August 2014 at Bonnaroo Music Festival.
- Bennett’s music has been described as versatile and uplifting. His music generally contains jazz-inspired melodies and gospel influences.
- In November 2014, Mayor Rahm Emanuel awarded Chance the Rapper with Chicago’s Outstanding Youth of the Year Award for his social work.
- In January 2015, Bennett was listed number 7 on the Forbes 30 Under 30 music list.
- In March 2015, Bennett released a short film called Mr. Happy, which was directed by Colin Tilley.
- In October 13, 2015, Bennett released a video for a new song, titled Family Matters, on his website.
- In April 2016, he met with then US President Barack Obama to hold a discussion on My Brother’s Keeper Challenge, which among other things aims to promote racial justice.
- In September 2016, H&M solicited Bennett to headline their new campaign.
- In November 2016, he continued on the Magnificent Coloring World Tour, but cancelled the rest of his shows on the European leg due to personal reasons.
- In November 2016, Bennett announced during an interview with DJ Semtex that he was working on his debut album.
- Chance the Rapper has also appeared with artists such as Jeremih, R. Kelly, James Blake, Kanye West, Lil Wayne, 2 Chainz, Young Thug, Future, T-Pain, Skrillex, Common, Madonna, Busta Rhymes and Macklemore & Ryan Lewis.
- In February 2017, Bennett performed at the 59th annual Grammy Awards, receiving 7 nominations and winning 3 Grammys. His performance featured Kirk Franklin and Tamela Mann, along with a gospel choir and orchestra conducted by Tom Brooks.
- In February 2017, Bennett’s child support case reopened in an attempt to work out child support terms and a parenting schedule as Bennett and Corley moved to separate residences.
- In March 2017, he opened up about his intention to donate 1 million dollars to Chicago Public Schools to balance out the lack of government funding.
- In May 2017, He was included in TIME magazine’s The 100 Most Influential People issue with an homage written by Common.
- In July 2017, Bennett was nominated for an Emmy Award for his song Last Christmas that was performed on Saturday Night Live.
- In July 2018, Bennett purchased the Chicago journalism website Chicagoist from WNYC.
- In November 29, 2018, Bennett released 2 new songs, My Own Thing and The Man Who Has Everything and announced on February 11, 2019, that his debut album would be released sometime in July of that same year.
- In July 26, 2019, Bennett released his debut studio album The Big Day.
- Visit his official website @ chanceraps.com.