Carrie Underwood is an American singer and songwriter. She rose to fame as the winner of the fourth season of American Idol, in 2005. Her debut album, Some Hearts, was released in 2005. Bolstered by the huge crossover success of the singles Jesus, Take the Wheel and Before He Cheats, it became the best-selling solo female debut album in country music history, the fastest-selling debut country album in Nielsen SoundScan history and the best-selling country album of the last 14 years. Underwood won three Grammy Awards for the album, including Best New Artist.
Carrie Marie Underwood
Singer, Songwriter, Actress
Country, Country Pop
Vocals, Guitar, Piano
Arista Records, Arista Nashville, 19 Recordings
Birthday / Date of Birth
Carrie Underwood was born on 10 March 1983, in Muskogee, Oklahoma, United States.
She’s currently 36 years old.
Carrie attended Checotah High School and later enrolled at the Northeastern State University in Tahlequah, Oklahoma from where she graduated magna cum laude (with great honor) majoring in mass communication.
- Father – Stephen Underwood
- Mother – Carole Underwood (Teacher)
- Siblings – Shanna Underwood (Older Sister), Stephanie Underwood (Older Sister)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Underwood has dated –
- Drake Clark (2002-2005) – Drake is a college boyfriend of Underwood. She had dated him from 2002 to 2005. She revealed to Cosmopolitan that she didn’t have a serious relationship since she split with college boyfriend Drake.
- Tony Romo (2006-2007) – Underwood dated briefly with the American football quarterback for the Dallas Cowboys, Tony Romo from December 2006 until July 2007.
- Chace Crawford (2007-2008) – Carrie got together with actor Chace Crawford in 2007. They ended their relationship in the spring of 2008.
- Mike Fisher (2008-Present) – Canadian ice-hockey player, Mike Fisher commenced dating her in December 2008, when they met during one of the concerts of Carrie. The couple engaged on December 20, 2009, and married on July 10, 2010, at The Ritz-Carlton Lodge, Reynolds Plantation in Greensboro, Georgia. The couple welcomed their first child, son Isaiah Michael Fisher on February 27, 2015. She is expecting her second child with Mike Fisher.
- In feet – 5 feet 3 inches
- In centimeters – 160 cm
- In meters – 1.6 m
- In Kilograms – 53 kg
- In Pounds – 117 lbs
- Measurements – 34-23-33
- Bust – 34 inches
- Waist – 23 inches
- Hip – 33 inches
- Bra Size – 32B
She wears a size 6.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 4 (US).
Winning the fourth season of American Idol in 2005.
Carrie Underwood released her debut studio album titled ‘Some Hearts’ on November 15, 2005. The album debuted at #1 in America selling more than 9 million worldwide, becoming the best-selling solo female country debut in Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) history, as well as the top-selling debut album of any American Idol contestant in the United States. It was certified 8x Platinum by RIAA, Gold by ARIA and 3x Platinum by MC. Carrie has so far released 5 albums and 30 singles.
- Some Hearts (2005)
- Carnival Ride (2007)
- Play On (2009)
- Blown Away (2012)
- Storyteller (2015)
She first made her appearance in the 2011 biopic drama film Soul Surfer, playing the role as Sarah Hill.
With no doubt, her fist television appearance was when she participated in the reality show American Idol in 2005 as a contestant. She eventually won that season that brought her visibility to Americans.
Carrie has endorsed several brands and products, including but not limited to Olay, Hershey’s chocolate, Badgley Mischka, Nintendo, Procter & Gamble, Skechers, Vitamin Water.
Platinum Blonde Hair
Carrie Underwood Favorites
- Favorite Actor – Johnny Depp
- Favorite Actress – Drew Barrymore
- Favorite Author – Stephen King
- Favorite Food – Cheese Pizza
- Favorite TV Show – Desperate Housewives (2004-2012)
- Favorite Judge in American Idol – Simon Cowell
Carrie Underwood Net worth
Carrie Underwood has a net worth of $90 million dollars that results from album sales, TV & film appearances, brand endorsements, world tours and others. Being one of the richest celebrities in the United States, she She wore a 381 Carat bling necklace valued at $31 million at Grammys, 2013. She lives with her family in a luxury Tennessee house in Franklin city having estimated worth at $384,000 which she bought after winning the fourth season of American Idol. She owns a red Ford Mustang Convertible which was gifted to her on American Idol.
Social Media Profiles
- Facebook – Carrie Underwood
- Instagram – carrieunderwood
- Twitter – Carrie Underwood
- YouTube Channel – Carrie Underwood
Some Lesser Known Facts About Carrie Underwood
- When she was a child, Underwood participated in the Robbins Memorial Talent Show and sang with her church.
- In high school, Carrie was a member of the Honor Society and she also played for the school’s basketball and softball teams.
- Carrie Underwood has won several accolades including seven Grammy Awards, 15 Billboard Music Awards, 12 ACM Awards, 12 American Music Awards, 8 CMA Awards, and a Guinness World Record.
- She has been inducted into the Hollywood Walk of Fame, Grand Ole Opry, Oklahoma Hall of Fame, and Oklahoma Music Hall of Fame.
- In March 2015, Carrie released a fitness clothing line named CALIA by Carrie Underwood in collaboration with Dick’s Sporting Goods.
- She is a vegan.
- After finishing high school, she thought of giving up her dream of singing and thought of choosing her career seriously and practically.
- She is the winner of American Idol season four in 2005.
- She really likes watching horror movies, which is also her favorite genre.
- Carrie’s fans call themselves as Care Bears.
- She is also Olay’s first-ever U.S. brand ambassador.
- George Huff is one of her favorite contestants in the American Idol’s first three seasons.
- She is a big philanthropist. In February 2011, she donated $140,125 to an NGO Save the Children. She donated $1 million to Red Cross Society, generated from the Blown Away Tour in May 2013, in response to Oklahoma tornado. There are numerous other stories of her.
- She is the first country female artist to have 4 different albums peak at #1 spot on Billboard 200. She achieved this feat after the release of her 4th studio album Cry Pretty (2018).
- Visit her official website @ carrieunderwoodofficial.com.