Ben Bruce is an English musician. He is a solo artist and an actor. He is the lead guitarist and backing vocalist of metalcore band Asking Alexandria. Bruce founded the band while he was living in Dubai but the band split and Ben moved back to the United Kingdom where he then started the band again under the same name Asking Alexandria with Danny Worsnop. He also appeared in the American thriller movie American Satan, in which he portrayed the role of Leo Donovan. He was listed among Guitar World’s Top 12 Hot Male Guitar Players for 2012 and was chosen as the Hottest Male at the Kerrang! Awards twice.
Guitarist, Singer, Actor
Birthday / Date of Birth
Ben Bruce was born on the 31st of October 1988, in Wandsworth, London, England, United Kingdom.
He is currently 30 years old.
Ben Bruce completed his primary and middle school there and later returned to England to create a career out of music.
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Unknown
Girlfriend / Spouse
Ben Bruce dated –
- Samantha Cassaro (2013-2015) – Ben Bruce was first married to Samantha Cassaro in 2013 but it didn’t work for him and eventually ended up in divorce in 2015.
- Ciara Bruce (2017-Present) – Ben Bruce began dating his girlfriend Ciara Bruce after he met in Warped Tour in June 2015. After dating for two years, the couple tied the knot on June 9, 2017. Their first daughter, Fae, was born before their marriage on 10 September 2016. The lovely couple welcomed their second child, son Fynn, on October 16, 2017.
- In feet – 6 feet 1 inches
- In centimeters – 185 cm
- In meters – 1.85 m
- In Kilograms – 84 kg
- In Pounds – 185 lbs
His shoe size is 11 (US).
The album Reckless & Relentless in April 2011 and From Death to Destiny in August 2013 and released their third album The Black in March 2016. All three albums emerged as smashing hits in the US, with all of them charting in the top 10 on the Billboard 200 music chart.
Ben Bruce formed a band called Asking Alexandria while he was in Dubai with some of his friends in 2006. The band released their debut album titled The Irony of Your Perfection, but it didn’t get the reception they expected.
In 2017, Ben made his acting debut in the supernatural musical thriller film, American Satan playing the role of Leo Donovan.
Ben Bruce has not appeared any television show yet.
Ben Bruce has not done endorsement work for any brand yet.
Ben Bruce Favorites
His favorite things are unknown.
Ben Bruce Net worth
Ben Bruce has an estimated net worth of $4 million dollars as of 2019.
Social Media Portfolio
- Instagram – benjaminpaulbruce
- Twitter – Ben Bruce
Some Lesser Known Facts About Ben Bruce
- He was influenced by singers such as BB King and Eric Clapton and developed a keen interest in blues, pop punk, and metallic rock. He started playing the electric guitar at the age of 12 and was performing heavy rock by the age of 17.
- When he was 18 years old, he had a crush on Zora, the sister of Asking Alexandria’s drummer, James. However, he could not gather the courage to convey his feelings to her, and the relationship did not progress any further.
- Later that year, he moved to England. However, his band broke up within a month of his arrival in his home country. Bruce continued his pursuit of a career in music and put together a new band with the same name, for which he was the main songwriter and collaborator, besides being the lead guitarist.
- Ben cites blues guitarists Eric Clapton, B.B. King and Gary Moore as his biggest inspirations to become a guitarist.
- Though he has been exposed to a wide range of music, he totally loves metallic kind of music.
- In 2006, he formed his own band, Asking Alexandria, in Dubai. Soon, they released their first album, The Irony of Your Perfection. The band played live in the city but did not get the kind of response they were expecting.
- In 2008, he took efforts to form a new band with artists from the neighborhood and ultimately succeded in forming the band.
- In 2011, started an online clothing line, which was not associated with the band. The site became inactive in June 2013. However, he has stated that he will soon be back with some new designs.
- In 2011, he won the Altpress Guitarist of the Year award.
- In 2012, he was listed among Guitar World’s Top 12 Male Guitar Players and was named the Hottest Male at the Kerrang! Awards.
- He was again judged as the Hottest Male at the 2013 Kerrang! Awards.
- In March 2014, Bruce was revealed as a featured artist on the cover compilation album of Florence + The Machine, released by Sumerian Records, of which he covered the single Shake It Out.
- In March 2014, it was announced that Bruce, along with Asking Alexandria’s manager, Kyle Borman, had launched a record label called KBB and had signed a rap metal band called Scare Don’t Fear.