Avril Lavigne is a Canadian singer, songwriter and actress. In 2002, she released her debut album, Let Go, emphasising a skate punk persona in which she has been often referred by critics and music publications as the Pop Punk Queen due to her achievement and impact in the industry. Lavigne is considered a key musician in the development of pop punk music since she paved the way for female driven, punk influenced pop music. Since her professional debut, Lavigne has sold more than 40 million albums and over 50 million singles worldwide making her the third best selling Canadian female artist of all time, behind Celine Dion and Shania Twain.
Avril Ramona Lavigne
Avie, Av, Abbie (given by her dad), Abbey Dawn
Singer, Songwriter, Actress, Entrepreneur
Pop Punk, Pop Rock, Power Pop
Vocals, Guitar, Piano, Drums
Birthday / Date of Birth
Avril Lavigne was born on 27 September 1984, in Belleville, Ontario, Canada.
She’s currently 34 years old.
Avril has French-Canadian and Polish ancestry on her father’s side while she is of English, Irish, and Scottish descent on her mother’s side.
She never enjoyed being in school. She was also kicked out sometimes for misbehaving. She dropped out of high school after 11th grade when she grasped a record deal.
- Father – Jean-Claude Joseph Lavigne
- Mother – Judith-Rosanne “Judy”
- Siblings – Matthew (Older Brother), Michelle (Younger Sister)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Avril Lavigne has dated –
- Jesse Colburn (April 2002-November 2003) – Jesse Colburn, an accomplished guitarist dated Avril Lavigne from 2002 to 2003. He was also a brand mate of her from this time. During that time, the two of them were hot and heavy. Their relationship saw an end at the end of 2003.
- Deryck Whibley (2003-2010) – Canadian musician and lead singer and guitarist for the band “Sum 41”, Deryck became friends in 2001 (When Avril was 17). Soon, this friendship converted to dating in 2003 when they were seen getting close to each other. He proposed to her on June 27, 2005, on a trip to Venice, Italy. Their marriage was held on July 15, 2006. But, unfortunately, this relationship also saw an end. Lavigne filed for divorce on September 17, 2009, which was finalized on November 16, 2010.
- Wilmer Valderrama (October 2009-January 2010) – They both had a fling together at the end of 2009. Their bonding lasted just 2 months.
- Justin Murdock (October 2009-February 2010) – Avril was rumored to be dating with Dole company heir, Justin Murdock. They also went to Hawaii together, but things didn’t work out.
- Brody Jenner (February 2010-January 2012) – American TV personality, Brody Jenner dated Lavigne for 2 years. In the starting, the couple did not like to be photographed and showed off their matching tattoos. The romance ended in early 2012.
- Chad Kroeger (February 2012-Present) – After splitting with Brody Jenner, she quietly began dating with the frontman of the band, Nickelback in February 2012. They wrote together the lyrics of a song for Avril’s 5th album and the things changed. She announced her engagement with Chad in August 2012. On July 1, 2013, the couple married each other. Chad is 10 years older than Avril.
- In feet – 5 feet 1 inches
- In centimeters – 155 cm
- In meters – 1.55 m
- In Kilograms – 50 kg
- In Pounds – 110 lbs
- Measurements – 33-24-32
- Bust – 33 inches
- Waist – 24 inches
- Hip – 32 inches
- Bra Size – 32A
She wears a size 7 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 4 (US).
She got much attention after getting her single “Girlfriend” at no. 1 position at U.S. Billboard Hot 100. Some of her other singles, which got worldwide attention are, Complicated, Sk8er Boi, I’m with You, My Happy Ending, Nobody’s Home.
Lavigne’s debut album was “Let Go” released on June 4, 2002. It consists of 13 tracks plus 1 Japanese bonus track, making a total of 14 tracks. The total length of the album songs is exactly 48:41 minutes. It was certified as Diamond in Canada, 7x Platinum in Australia, 6x Platinum in the US, etc.
Avril made her film debut with the Canadian comedy film, Going the Distance, in which she played a cameo role.
In 2002, Avril appeared as herself on the American sitcom Sabrina, the Teenage Witch, based on the Archie comic book series of the same name.
She signed an endorsement deal with Canon Canada in 2008 to promote their Rebel digital SLR cameras and ELPH compact point and shoot cameras.
Avril Lavigne Favorites
- Favorite Food – Pizza
- Favorite Colors – Black, and red
- Favorite Song – Iris by the Goo Goo Dolls
- Favorite Band – Goo Goo Dolls, Third Eye Blind
Avril Lavigne Net worth
Avril Lavigne has an estimated net worth of $58 million dollars as of 2019. Most of the earnings comes from singing, music sales, world tours, endorsements, film and TV appearances.
Social Media Profiles
- Facebook – Avril Lavigne
- Instagram – avrillavigne
- Twitter – Avril Lavigne
- YouTube Channel – AvrilLavigneVEVO
Some Lesser Known Facts About Avril Lavigne
- She was named “Avril” by her father after the French word for the month of April.
- She has a dog of Miniature Schnauzer breed named Sam.
- Avril started singing from her very early age of two with her mother.
- She was known for her tomboyish style as she prefers baggy clothes, skater shoes or Converses, wristbands, and sometimes shoelaces wrapped around her fingers.
- Lavigne was featured in the 2003 game The Sims: Superstar as a non-playable celebrity.
- In 2003, Lavigne won an International Achievement Award for the song “Complicated” at the SOCAN Awards in Toronto.
- Avril Lavigne holds a Guinness World Record as being the youngest female solo artist to top the UK album chart, on 11 January 2003 at the age of 18 years and 106 days.
- She voiced Heather, a Virginia opossum, in the animated film Over the Hedge in 2006.
- In July 2008, Lavigne launched the clothing line Abbey Dawn, featuring a back-to-school collection, produced by brand’s exclusive US retailer, Kohl’s.
- She released her own line perfumes in the Summer of 2009.
- In September 2011, Lavigne appeared on the Hub Network televised singing competition Majors & Minors as a guest mentor, alongside other singers including Adam Lambert and Leona Lewis.
- In September 2014, she launched a personal fundraising campaign for Special Olympics as part of her birthday celebration.
- In April 2015, she revealed to People magazine that she had been diagnosed with Lyme disease after her 30th birthday in 2014.
- Visit her official website @ avrillavigne.com.