Arnold Schwarzenegger is an Austrian-American actor, filmmaker, businessman, author, investor, philanthropist, activist, politician, and former professional bodybuilder and powerlifter. He served two terms as the 38th Governor of California from 2003 to 2011. Schwarzenegger began lifting weights at the age of 15. He won the Mr. Universe title at age 20 and went on to win the Mr. Olympia contest seven times, remaining a prominent presence in bodybuilding and writing many books and articles on the sport. The Arnold Sports Festival, considered one of the best professional bodybuilding competitions in recent years, is named after him. He is widely considered to be one of the greatest bodybuilders of all-time as well as that sport’s most charismatic ambassador.
Arnold Alois Schwarzenegger
Arnie, Austrian Oak, Conan the Republican, Styrian Oak, The Governator, The Running Man, Conan the Governor, The Machine.
Former Bodybuilder, Actor, Producer, Businessman, Investor, Philanthropist, Politician
Birthday / Date of Birth
Arnold Schwarzenegger was born on 30 July 1947, in Thal, Styria, Austria.
He’s currently 71 years old.
Los Angeles, California, United States.
Arnold attended University of Wisconsin–Superior and later to Santa Monica College.
- Father – Gustav Schwarzenegger (Died on December 13, 1972)
- Mother – Aurelia Schwarzenegger (née Jadrny) (Died on August 2, 1998)
- Siblings – Meinhard Schwarzenegger (Older Brother) (Died in 1971)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Arnold Schwarzenegger dated –
- Barbara Baker (1969-1974) – In 1969, Arnold started dating Barbara Baker who was waitressing near Gold’s gym. She was Arnold’s first serious girlfriend. They split in 1974 after dating for 5 years.
- Kellie Everts (1972) – In 1972, Arnold had a fling with Rasa von Werder (or Kellie Everts) who is a former stripper and bodybuilder.
- Sue Moray (1977) – In July 1977, Arnold met Beverly Hills based hairdresser’s assistant on Venice beach and dated for a very short time.
- Maria Shriver (1977-2011) – In August 1977, Arnold started dating Maria Shriver who is a journalist, activist, and author. They met at 1977 Robert F Kennedy Tennis Tournament. Maria is also the niece of former U.S. President John F. Kennedy. They got married on April 26, 1986. The couple has 4 biological children, Katherine Eunice Schwarzenegger (b. December 13, 1989), Christina Maria Aurelia Schwarzenegger (b. July 23, 1991), Patrick Arnold Shriver Schwarzenegger (b. September 18, 1993), and Christopher Sargent Shriver Schwarzenegger (b. September 27, 1997). The couple spent 25 years in marriage and called it quits in May 2011. Their divorce finalized in 2017, six years after separating.
- Eleanor Mondale (1979) – In 1979, radio and TV personality, Eleanor Mondale and Arnold had a fling with each other. Eleanor died on September 17, 2011.
- Debra Wrenn (1982) – In 1982, Arnold hooked up with Debra Wrenn and they have a child from this relationship, a daughter Christina Lynne.
- Brigitte Nielsen (1984-1985) – Danish-born actress, singer and model, Brigitte Nielsen and Arnold were romantically linked to each other during the filming of Red Sonja (1985), in which both starred. She is 16 years his junior.
- Rachel Ticotin (1989) – Next, Arnold dated his Total Recall (1990) co-star Rachel Ticotin in 1989. Though, it was just an encounter.
- Gigi Goyette (1989-1996) – For 7 long years, Arnold had an extramarital affair with Gigi Goyette from 1989 to 1996. Gigi was his mistress and he used to visit her to relax when his then-wife Maria wasn’t there to relieve him. Though later, Gigi backtracked from these claims.
- Vanessa Williams (1995) – Actress and singer, Vanessa Williams and Schwarzenegger were RUMORed to have had a fling with each other in 1995.
- Mildred Patricia Baena (1996-1997) – Arnold then hooked up with Guatemalan homemaker, Mildred Patricia Baena. They dated for about 2 months from December 1996 to February 1997. He has another child from this relationship, named, Joseph Baena (b. October 2, 1997).
- Heather Milligan (2013) – In 2013, Arnold started dating physical therapist Heather Milligan. She is about 27 years his junior.
- In feet – 6 feet 2 inches
- In centimeters – 188 cm
- In meters – 1.66 m
- In Kilograms – 111 kg
- In Pounds – 245 lbs
- Measurements – 58-22-34
- Chest – 58 inches
- Biceps – 22 inches
- Waist – 34 inches
Being one of the greatest bodybuilders of all times and his heavy duty super action roles in the Hollywood films.
Arnold as a politician is from United States’ Republican party. He served as the 38th Governor of California for two consecutive terms from 2003 to 2011.
In 1969, Arnold debuted with low-budget fantasy adventure film Hercules in New York where he played the title role as Hercules.
In 1977, Arnold was seen in The Streets of San Francisco where he played the role as Josef Schmidt in just one episode entitled Dead Lift.
Arnold has appeared in TV commercials for e.on Mix-Power (Germany) (2001), ÖBB (Österreichische Bundesbahn), some political commercials (as California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger), DirecTV (Japan) (1997), Energy drink (Japan), Hop’s beer (Japan), Nissin Cup Noodle, California Travel and Tourism Board, Diet 7Up (1981), Bud Light beer, etc. Arnold also endorsed Republican John Kasich during the 2016 United States presidential election.
Awards & Nominations
|Golden Globe Awards|
|1977||Best Acting Debut in a Motion Picture – Male||Stay Hungry||Won|
|1995||Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture – Comedy/Musical||Junior||Nominated|
|The Saturn Awards|
|1985||Best Actor||The Terminator||Nominated|
|1992||Terminator 2: Judgment Day||Nominated|
|1994||Last Action Hero||Nominated|
|2001||The 6th Day||Nominated|
|Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards|
|1988||Favorite Movie Actor||The Running Man||Nominated|
|1989||Favorite Movie Actor||Twins||Won|
|1991||Favorite Movie Actor||Kindergarten Cop||Won|
|MTV Movie Awards|
|1992||Best Male Performance||Terminator 2: Judgment Day||Won|
|1995||Best Kiss (with Jamie Lee Curtis)||True Lies||Nominated|
|Best Dance Sequence (with Tia Carrere)||Nominated|
|Teen Choice Awards|
|2004||Choice Movie Actor – Drama/Action Adventure||Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines||Nominated|
Arnold Schwarzenegger Favorites
- Favorite Food – Steak
- Favorite Movie – Kindergarten Cop (1990)
- Favorite Color – Red
Arnold Schwarzenegger Net worth
Schwarzenegger has an estimated net worth of $400 million dollars as of 2019. Growing up he was very much interested in Soccer but later took bodybuilding at the age of 15, and began participating weightlifting and power lifting competitions. By 20, he was already the youngest person to win the Mr. Universe title. He moved to America when he was 21 with $21,000 in his account, and in fact, that was a huge amount 1968, which he earned from competitions. He invested much of his savings in real estate business and made considerable profile from each sales. By the time he was 25, Arnold was a millionaire, well before his career in Hollywood. After venturing into his other areas of interest, he started making millions out of it. He owns a massive 14,500 square-foot mansion in Mandeville Canyon in Brent wood. This sprawling mansion is now valued at $23 million that comprises of 7 bedrooms and 10 bathrooms. He has a large collection of automobile including 1940 Harley Davidson Indian Chief Model 1200 cc, Dodge Challenger SRT8, Custom Excalibur, Green and Yellow Hummer H1, Tesla Roadster, Mercedes Unimog U1300, Porsche 991 (997) Turbo Cabriolet, Ferrari 360 Spider, Bentley Continental GTC, and Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Roadster. In June 1997, Schwarzenegger spent $38 million of his own money on a private Gulfstream jet.
Social Media Profiles
- Facebook – Arnold Schwarzenegger
- Instagram – schwarzenegger
- Twitter – Arnold
- Snapchat – ArnoldSchnitzel
Some Lesser Known Facts About Arnold Schwarzenegger
- His last name Schwarzenegger means black plowman / ploughman.
- Arnold started bodybuilding career at the age of 15 and won the Junior Mr. Europe contest in 1965.
- In 1967, at the age of 20 he became the youngest person to win the Mr. Universe title. He won Mr. Olympia title in 1970.
- He is considered one of the greatest bodybuilders of all times and went on to win Mr. Universe five times and Mr Olympia seven times during his career.
- Schwarzenegger served in the Austrian Army in 1965 to fulfill the one year of service required at the time of all 18-year-old Austrian males.
- Arnold had a strict upbringing where his parents used to beat him up with a rod whenever he did wrong. His father wanted Arnold to be a police officer like he himself was but his mother wanted him to go to a trade school.
- Reg Park, Johnny Weissmuller, and Steve Reeves were his bodybuilding idols.
- For several years, he wrote monthly column or the bodybuilding magazines Muscle & Fitness and Flex.
- In 2016, he replaced Donald Trump as host of The New Celebrity Apprentice (15th season) but after facing backlash he did not return for the next season.
- Schwarzenegger was a founding celebrity investor in the Planet Hollywood chain of international theme restaurants along with Bruce Willis, Sylvester Stallone and Demi Moore.
- Schwarzenegger’s autobiography Total Recall: My Unbelievably True Life Story was published in October 2012, in which he devotes one chapter called The Secret to his extramarital affair.
- He has been nominated many times as the Worst Actor in the Golden Raspberry Award. In 2004, he was awarded the Worst Razzie Loser of Our First 25 Years.
- He was conferred with the Muhammad Ali Humanitarian Award’ for his charitable endeavors.
- Arnold won his first ‘Golden Globe Award in 1977 for his role in the film Stay Hungry as New Male Star of the Year.
- He has been inducted into the Hollywood Walk of Fame and the WWE Hall of Fame.
- Arnold has started a film production company called Oak Productions, Inc. Arnold also owns a publishing company called “Fitness Publications,” which is a joint venture between him and Simon & Schuster.
- At 15 (some websites claim at the age as 14), the famous bodybuilder commenced weight training.
- In his entire career of bodybuilding, he won the Mr. Olympia title for a remarkable 7 times.
- Arnold’s parents were very strict. If he used to do anything wrong or disobeyed them, he used to get a beating with a rod. He actually considers himself to have faced child abuse from his dad as he was beaten with rods, belts and his hair was also pulled.
- His dad used to give preference to his older brother Meinhard over him.
- For a year, in 1965, Arnold served in the Austrian military.
- Arnold grew up in a lower-middle-class family and he suffered from financial problems.
- In 1960, he picked the barbell for the first time.
- At 14, he decided to become a pro bodybuilder instead of a soccer player (as he was active in soccer back then).
- His dad wanted Arnold to be a police officer like he himself was. Arnold’s mother wanted him to go to a trade school.
- Reg Park, Johnny Weissmuller, and Steve Reeves were his bodybuilding idols.
- Arnold has also lent his voice to various video games such as Family Guy: The Quest for Stuff in 2014 and WWE 2K16 in 2015.
- In 1968, along with fellow bodybuilder Franco Columbu, Arnold started a bricklaying business which saw success.
- Arnold also tried his luck in the restaurant business when he opened a restaurant Schatzi On Main in Santa Monica in 1992. But, in 1998, he had to sell it.
- In June 1997, Arnold purchased a private Gulfstream jet for $38 million.
- With WWE Hall of Famer André the Giant, Schwarzenegger was very good friends.
- He is related to actor George Wyner.
- He is a big fan of cigar smoking and WWE wrestling.
- Arnold became a U.S. citizen in 1983.
- At the age of 21, he relocated to the United States. Though, he wanted to go there since the age of 10.
- In 2002, he was termed as the most famous immigrant in America by LA Weekly.
- Visit his official website @ schwarzenegger.com.