Angie Dickinson is an American actress. Her family was descended from Germans from Russia and she was raised Catholic. She began her career on television, appearing in many anthology series during the 1950s. In her six-decade career, Dickinson has appeared in more than 50 films.
Actress, Singer, and Writer
Birthday / Date of Birth
Angie Dickinson was born on the 30th of September 1931, in New Orleans, Louisiana, United States.
She’s currently 90 years old.
She is of German descent.
Angie graduated from Bellarmine-Jefferson High School. In 1954, she attended the Immaculate Heart College in Los Angeles and, Angie completed her studies with a degree in Business from Glendale Community College.
- Father – Leo Henry Brown
- Mother – Fredericka Hehr
- Siblings – Mary Lou Belmont, Janet Lee Brown
Boyfriend / Spouse
Angie Dickinson has dated –
- Gene Dickinson (1952-1960) – Dickinson was married to Gene Dickinson, a former football player. During her first marriage, Dickinson became close friends with John Kenneth Galbraith and Catherine Galbraith.
- Burt Bacharach (1965-1980) – In 1965, Dickinson married Burt Bacharach in 1965. They remained a married couple for 15 years, though late in their marriage they had a period of separation during which they dated other people. They had a daughter named, Lea Nikki (b. 1966).
- In feet – 5 feet 5 inches
- In centimeters – 165 cm
- In meters – 1.65 m
- In Kilograms – 56 kg
- In Pounds – 123 lbs
- Measurements – 35-27-35
- Bust – 35 inches
- Waist – 27 inches
- Hip – 35 inches
- Bra Size – 34A
She wears a size 7.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 8 (US).
Angie became known after Playing her breakthrough role in Gun the Man Down (1956) with James Arness and the Western film, Rio Bravo (1959), for which she received the Golden Globe Award for New Star of the Year.
In 1955, Angie had her first film onscreen role in the movie, The Return of Jack Slade. She is most prominently known for portrayal in the Gun the Man Down (1956).
Dickinson has done endorsement work for several brands such as Martini & Rossi Vermouth, California Avocados.
Angie Dickinson Net worth
Angie Dickinson has an estimated net worth of $25 million dollars as of 2022.
Some Lesser Known Facts About Angie Dickinson
- In 1942, when she was 10 years old, the Brown family moved to Burbank, California.
- Dickinson came in second at a local preliminary for the Miss America contest, and that got the attention of a casting agent, who landed her a spot as one of six showgirls on The Jimmy Durante Show.
- She studied the craft and a few years later was approached by NBC to guest-star on a number of variety shows, including The Colgate Comedy Hour.
- She soon met Frank Sinatra, who became a lifelong friend. She was later cast as Sinatra’s wife in the film Ocean’s 11 (1960).
- In 1956, Dickinson appeared in an episode of The Life and Legend of Wyatt Earp. The next year, she took another small role in Richard Boone’s series Have Gun – Will Travel in the episode A Matter of Ethics.
- Angie had her first starring role in Gun the Man Down (1956) with James Arness, followed by the Sam Fuller cult film China Gate (1957), which depicted an early view of the Vietnam War.
- In 2003, The photo became so iconic, that while celebrating the magazine’s 70th anniversary, the Dickinson pose was recreated for the cover by Britney Spears.
- In 2009, Dickinson starred in a Hallmark Channel film, Mending Fences.