Amy Lee is an American singer, songwriter, pianist and record producer. She is the co founder and lead vocalist of the rock band Evanescence. Along with her contributions with the band Lee has also participated on other musical projects including Walt Disney Records Nightmare Revisited and Muppets: The Green Album. Lee has performed collaborations with artists such as Korn, Seether and David Hodges. Lee began scoring films in 2013, composing the soundtrack to War Story and Indigo Grey: The Passage with cellist Dave Eggar, and the song “Speak to Me” for the film Voice from the Stone.
Amy Lynn Lee
Amy, Queen of Rock
Singer, Songwriter, Record Producer, Pianist
Vocals, Piano, Harp
Epic, Wind-up Records, EMI
Birthday / Date of Birth
Amy Lee was born on December 13, 1981 in Riverside, California, United States.
She’s currently 37 years old.
Amy Lee graduated from the Pulaski Academy in Little Rock in 2000. She then got enrolled at the Middle Tennessee State University, where she aimed to study music theory and composition. But, dropped out before completing her studies to focus on her music career.
- Father – John Lee (DJ and TV Personality)
- Mother – Sara Cargill
- Siblings – Robby Lee (Brother), Carrie Lee (Sister), Lori Lee (Sister), Bonnie Lee (Younger Sister) (Died)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Amy Lee has dated –
- Shaun Morgan (2003-2005) – Amy Lee and musician Shaun Morgan’s relationship didn’t attract as much attention as their bitter break up in 2005 and constant jabs at each other did. In a very obvious shot, Amy Lee released a song titled “Call Me When You’re Sober” and it was rubbed completely in as it was coincidentally aired on various radio stations on the same day he checked into rehab. Also, the case of her band guitarist Troy McLawhorn joining Morgan’s band and returning back only made the fallout nastier.
- Ben Moody – Amy was reported to be in a relationship with her bandmate Ben Moody. It all ended in acrimony as they had a very public fallout leading to his departure from the band.
- Josh Hartzler (2007-Present) – Amy Lee got engaged to her longtime friend Josh Hartzler in January 2007. In May 2007, they got married at her family’s house in Little Rock and went to the Bahamas for the honeymoon. On July 24, 2014, she gave birth to a son, Jack Lion Hartzler. She has credited him for inspiring many of her songs.
- In feet – 5 feet 3½ inches
- In centimeters – 161 cm
- In meters – 1.61 m
- In Kilograms – 62 kg
- In Pounds – 137 lbs
- Measurements – 36-27-37
- Bust – 36 inches
- Waist – 27 inches
- Hip – 37 inches
- Bra Size -34C
She wears a size 7 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 8 (US).
Being the lead vocalist of her rock band Evanescence. She is best known for albums, ‘Fallen’ and ‘The Open Door’, which was released by her band.
Embarking on a solo career, Amy Lee released her debut studio album titled ‘Dream Too Much’ on September 30, 2016 under her own label Amy Lee Music. Lee has released one studio album, one extended play, one soundtrack album, four singles, two promotional singles, eight music videos and composed four film scores.
In 2003, Amy guest appeared with her band Evanescence in an episode of music documentary Real Magic TV as herself.
Amy Lee Favorites
- Favorite Artists – Michael Jackson, Nirvana, Tori Amos, Björk, NIN (Trent Reznor), Coldplay
- Favorite Video Game – Zelda: Ocarina of Time
- Favorite TV Show – Adventure Time
Awards & Nominations
|2007||Kerrang! Awards||Sexiest Female||Amy Lee||Won|
|2008||National Music Publishers Association||Songwriter Icon Award||Won|
|2011||Revolver Magazine||Hottest Chicks in Hard Rock||Won|
|Loudwire Music Awards||Rock Goddess of the Year||Nominated|
|2012||VH1||Top 100 Greatest Women in Music||#49|
|Revolver Golden Gods Award||Best Vocalist||Won|
|Kerrang! Awards||Hottest Female||Nominated|
|Loudwire Music Awards||Rock Goddess of the Year||Won|
|NME Awards||Hottest Woman||Won|
|2015||Independent Music Awards||World Beat Song||“Dark Water”||Won|
|Moondance International Film Festival||Film Score||Indigo Grey: The Passage||Won|
|2016||Family Choice Awards||Children’s album||Dream Too Much||Won|
|2017||Parents’ Choice Award||Silver Honor in Music||Dream Too Much||Won|
|Hollywood Music in Media Awards||Original Song – Independent Film||“Speak To Me”||Won|
Amy Lee Net worth
Amy Lee has a estimated net worth of $12 million dollars as of 2019. Amy Lee is co-founder and lead vocalist of the rock band Evanescence.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Amy Lee
- She is named after the 70s song ‘Amie’.
- She learned classical piano for over nine years at her young age.
- Lee has a recognizable fashion style, marked by her occasional use of gothic make-up and taste for Victorian-styled clothing.
- Amy received five nominations at the 2004 Grammys, winning two – the Best New Artist & Best Hard Rock Performance for the song ‘Bring Me To Life’.
- In 2006, Blender listed Lee as one of the hottest women in rock alongside such singers as Joan Jett, Courtney Love and Liz Phair.
- In 2007, she was named the ‘Sexiest Female’ at the ‘Kerrang! Awards’ show held in the U.K.
- She was voted The Rock Goddess of the Year at the 2012 Loudwire Music Awards. That same year, she also won the Revolver Golden Gods Award for the Best Vocalist.
- In 2013, Lee ranked first in NME.com’s “Hottest Women in Music” award.
- Lee revealed that the song ‘Hello’ from the album ‘Fallen’ was a tribute to her sister who died of an unidentified disease when she was only three. She is emotionally connected to the track and she never perform it at live concerts.
- Visit her official website @ amyleeofficial.com.