Alessandra Ambrosio is a Brazilian model and actress. Ambrosio is known for her work with Victoria’s Secret and was chosen as the first spokes model for the company’s PINK line. Ambrosio was a Victoria’s Secret Angels from 2000 to 2017 and has modeled for brands such as Next, Armani Exchange, Christian Dior, and Ralph Lauren. In 2012, she was ranked number six on Forbes‘ list of the highest-paid models, estimated to have earned $6.6 million in one year. She is often cited by the popular media as one of the world’s sexiest women. As an Angel, she was chosen as one of People magazine’s annual “100 Most Beautiful People in the World” in May 2007.
Alessandra Corine Ambrósio
Birthday / Date of Birth
Alessandra Ambrosio was born on April 11, 1981, in Erechim, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil.
She’s currently 38 years old.
Her ethnicity is Italian, Portuguese and Polish.
There is no information regarding her education available at this time. At 12, she attended modeling class and got selected for the 1995 Elite Model Look national competition for Brazil at the age of 14.
- Father – Luiz Ambrosio
- Mother – Lucilda Ambrosio
- Siblings – Aline Ambrosio (Sister)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Alessandra Ambrosio has dated –
- Marcelo Boldrini (2001-2005) – Alessandra dated fellow model Boldrini from 2001 to 2005.
- Ricky Martin (2004) – In 2004, Alessandra was RUMORed to have hooked up with Puerto Rican singer, Ricky Martin.
- Steve Allain (2005) – Alessandra, then dated Brazilian Magazine editor Steve Allain for some months in 2005.
- Jamie Mazur (2005-2018) – Alessandra Ambrosio first met denim jeans owner Jamie Mazur in 2005 during a friend’s wedding in Rio de Janeiro and started dating each other. After dating for a couple of years, Ambrosio got engaged to this California-based businessman in the summer of 2008. The couple has 2 children – daughter Anja Louise Ambrosio Mazur (b. August 24, 2008) and son Noah Phoenix Ambrosio Mazur (b. May 7, 2012). In March 2018, they called off their 10 years long engagement.
- Nicolo Oddi (2018-Present) – Model and fashion designer, Nicolo Oddi and Alessandra started dating in 2018. They were first clicked together publicly in August 2018. In November 2018, they stopped by Whole Foods to buy some stuff.
- In feet – 5 feet 9¼ inches
- In centimeters – 176 cm
- In meters – 1.76 m
- In Kilograms – 54 kg
- In Pounds – 119 lbs
- Measurements – 34-25-35
- Bust – 34 inches
- Waist – 25 inches
- Hip – 35 inches
- Bra Size – 32B
She wears a size 9 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 4 (US).
Alessandra had a cameo appearance in the 2006 box-office smash Casino Royale as an attractive tennis player.
Alessandra appeared in a cameo role in HBO’s TV Series called Entourage which aired on TV from July 18, 2004 to September 11, 2011. She has also appeared on other TV Shows as well such as “How I Met Your Mother (2005-Present)”, “Project Runway (2004-Present)”, “Gossip Girl (2007-Present)”
Ambrosio has appeared in advertising campaigns for Armani Exchange, Calvin Klein, Christian Dior, Dolce & Gabbana, Emporio Armani, Escada, Fendi, Gucci, Guess, Oscar de la Renta, Ralph Lauren, Revlon, Victoria’s Secret, Gap, Loewe, Next, After Six, Airfield, Always, Chenson, CK Jeans, Close-up, Colcci, Collistar, GAP, etc. She is also the ambassador for the National Multiple Sclerosis Society.
Alessandra Ambrosio Favorites
- Favorite Designer – Dolce and Gabbana
- Favorite Perfume – Victoria Secret’s PINK
- Favorite Product – Beach Sexy by Victoria’s Secret -Daily Glow Gradual Tan Moisturizer SPF 15
- Favorite Color – Pink
- Favorite Place – Brazil
- Favorite Food – Egg, Cheese, Bacon, Dark Chocolate, Japanese, Thai Cuisine
- Favorite Books – “The Lords of the Rings” by J.R.R. Tolkien, The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
- Favorite Songs – “Somebody That I Used to Know” by Gotye, “Blue Jeans” by Lana Del Ray
Alessandra Ambrosio Net worth
Alessandra Ambrosio has a net worth of $65 million dollars as of 2019. She took in a total of $5 million last year alone. She’s known worldwide for her stunning beauty that brings in a lot of moolah. In 2012, Forbes magazine ranked Ambrosio as number six in their list of highest paid models, at the time she was able to earn a total of $6.6 million in one year.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Alessandra Ambrosio
- She had a cosmetic surgery to get her large ears pinned back at the age of 11, though she had complications after two years.
- Her professional modeling career started when she won the Brazil’s’ Elite Model Look contest in 1995.
- Her first notable modeling job was shooting the cover of Brazilian Elle magazine.
- She ranked #2 on AskMen.com’s ‘Top 99 Most Desirable Women’ of 2008.
- In 2004, she launched her own swimwear line, Alessandra Ambrosio by Sais, in collaboration with Rosa Cha.
- She later launched her own fashion and lifestyle brand, Ale by Alessandra, partnered with US retailer Cherokee, offering a range of women’s formal wear for age group 18-25 years.
- She has walked the runway for various high-profile designers, such as Prada, Louis Vuitton, Chanel, Oscar de la Renta, Marc Jacobs, Kenzo, Vivienne Westwood, and Giles Deacon.
- She acted in ‘The Yips’ episode of ‘How I Met Your Mother’ drama series in 2007, along with her fellow Victoria’s Secret Angels – Miranda Kerr, Adriana Lima, Marisa Miller, Heidi Klum and Selita Ebanks.
- She was voted no. 2 in AskMen’s Top 99 Most Desirable Women in 2008.
- In 2010, she held the spot of #5 on the Forbes’ list of ‘The World’s Top-Earning Models, with an estimated earnings of $5 million that year, and the following year, her ranking declined to #6 with annual earnings of $6.6 million.
- The People’s magazine included her in their ‘100 Most Beautiful People in the World’ list in 2007.
- She is trained in Brazilian martial arts called Capoeira.
- Alessandra Ambrosio has been the covergirl for more than 50 renowned international magazines.