Yara Shahidi is an American actress, model and activist. She gained recognition for her starring role as the oldest daughter Zoey Johnson on the sitcom Black-ish and its spin-off series Grown-ish. Her film credits include Imagine That and Smallfoot.
Yara Sayeh Shahidi
Birthday / Date of Birth
Yara Shahidi was born on February 10, 2000, in Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States.
She is currently 19 years old.
Yara has not spoken publicly about her religious beliefs.
She has Iranian ancestry on her father’s side while she is of African-American descent on her mom’s side.
She has attended Harvard University which she announced in June 2017.
- Father – Afshin Shahidi (Photographer)
- Mother – Keri-Salter Shahidi
- Siblings – Sayeed Shahidi (Younger Brother) (Actor, Model), Ehsan (Younger Brother)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Yara Shahidi has dated –
She is not dating anyone according to the media. It looks like she is focused on her studies as well as strengthening her career.
- In feet – 5 feet 3 inches
- In centimeters – 160 cm
- In meters – 1.6 m
- In Kilograms – 45 kg
- In Pounds – 99 lbs
- Measurements – 33-24-34
- Bust – 33 inches
- Waist – 24 inches
- Hip – 34 inches
- Bra Size – 32A
She wears a size 6.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 4 (US).
The budding actress gained a lot of fame for starring in the ABC sitcom Black-ish (2014–present) and its spin-off series Grown-ish (2018–present).
Yara Shahidi made her screen debut playing Olivia Danielson in the 2009 comedy film Imagine That starring Eddie Murphy. For her work in the film, she gained a Young Artist Award nomination for the best performance in a feature film category.
In 2007, Yara guest appeared in HBO’s comedy-drama series Entourage for her role as Kandace West in an episode entitled “No Cannes Do.”
She has appeared in numerous commercials as a child including McDonald’s, Disney, Ralph Lauren, Target, Gap Kids, Guess Kids, and Children’s Place.
Yara Shahidi Favorites
- Favorite Song – It’s Gonna Be Me by NSYNC
- Favorite Marvel Superhero – Loki of Asgard
- Favorite Color – Purple
- Favorite School Subject – History
- Favorite Food – Chocolate
- Favorite Ice Cream Flavor – Cookies and cream
- Favorite Disney Princess – Jasmine
Yara Shahidi Net worth
Yara Shahidi has an estimated net worth of $1 million dollars as of 2019.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Yara Shahidi
- Her family moved to California due to her dad’s job when she was four years old.
- Yara has a black belt in Korean martial arts called Tang Soo Do.
- She wanted to become a Historian, specializing in world history, while continuing to pursue her love of acting.
- She is the second cousin to American rapper Nas. She learns the Persian language.
- Her activism has been recognized by former first lady Michelle Obama, who wrote her a letter of recommendation to Harvard University.
- In 2012, she played Chloe Johnson, the daughter of President William Johnson in the TV series The First Family.
- In September 2014, Shahidi starred in ABC’s prime time comedy Black-ish as 14 year old Zoey Johnson.
- In December 2014 she won an NAACP Image Award in the category of ‘Best Supporting Actress in a Comedy’.
- In 2016, she signed to model with New York’s Women Management modeling agency, in hopes of providing a platform to see more women of color in diverse roles.
- In 2017, Teen Vogue gave her an opportunity to interview Hillary Clinton.
- In February 2017, Yara was awarded the “Generation Next Award” at the 10th annual Essence Black Women In Hollywood event.
- She was ranked one of the best dressed women in 2018 by fashion website Net-a-Porter.
- Visit her official website @ yarashahidi.com.