Vishal is an Indian film actor and producer who works in Tamil cinema. Vishal made an entrance into the film industry as an assistant director for Arjun. He then became an actor and played his first lead role in the romantic thriller Chellamae before going on to star in the commercially successful action films Sandakozhi, Thimiru, Thaamirabharani and Malaikottai.
Vishal chose to create his own production studio and has since produced and worked on profitable ventures such as Pandiya Naadu, Naan Sigappu Manithan and Poojai. He was expelled from Tamil Film Producers’ Council (TFPC) for remarks against the council. In April 2017, Vishal won the election and got elected as President of Tamil Film Producers Council.
Vishal Krishna Reddy
Birthday / Date of Birth
Vishal was born on the 29th of August 1977, in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India.
He’s currently 42 years old.
Vishal completed his secondary education from Don Bosco Matriculation Higher Secondary School before securing a degree in visual communications from Loyola College, Chennai.
- Father – G. K. Reddy (Film Producer)
- Mother – Janaki Devi
- Siblings – Vikram Krishna Reddy a.k.a. Ajay (Older Brother) (Film Producer, Former Actor), Aishwarya (Younger Sister)
- Relatives – Sriya Reddy (Sister-in-Law) (Actress, Former Video Jockey)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Vishal has dated –
- Anisha Alla Reddy (2019) – In January 15, 2019, Vishal broke his silence and revealed on Twitter that he’s dating Anisha Alla. The couple got engaged on March 16, 2019, in Hyderabad. However, they called off the wedding in August due to personal differences.
- In feet – 6 feet 1 inches
- In centimeters – 185 cm
- In meters – 1.85 m
- In Kilograms – 78 kg
- In Pounds – 171 lbs
- Measurements – 38–12–32
- Chest – 38 in or 96.5 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 12 in or 30.5 cm
- Waist – 32 in or 81 cm
He wears a size 11.5 (US) shoe.
Vishal became known for his roles in action films, he produces films under his production company, Vishal Film Factory.
In 1989, Vishal made his on-screen debut as a child artist the film Jadikketha Moodi as a dancer and directed by Umesh – Prabakar.
In 2004, Vishal got the lead role of Ragunandan in the Tamil film, Chellamae which is directed by Gandhi Krishna.
In October 2018, Vishal made his television debut as the host of the Tamil-language celebrity talk show titled Sun Naam Oruvar which aired on Sun TV.
Vishal has served as the brand ambassador for the soft drink brand Thums Up.
- Favorite Actor – Rajinikanth, Prakash Raj
- Favorite Actress – Sridevi, Simran
- Favorite Musicians – Ilaiyaraaja, Harris Jayaraj
- Favorite Singers – Hariharan, Harini
- Favorite Filmmaker – Ram Gopal Varma (RGV)
- Favorite Sports – Cricket, Squash
- Favorite Color – Black
- Favorite Food – Biryani, Seafood
Vishal Net worth
Vishal has an estimated net worth of $8 million dollars as of 2020. He receives 6-8 crore per film as remuneration and also makes bug from his production venture, Vishal Film Factory. He owns a large fleet of exotic cars including a BMW 5 Series, a Jaguar XJ, a Honda CRR-V and a Rolls Royce Phantom. The actor lives in a luxury house along with his parents in Anna Nagar, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India. He also owns a posh flat where he parties with his friends.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Vishal
- Vishal is the son of famous film producer G. K. Reddy.
- Vishal started his career as an assistant director in Tamil film Vedham (2001) directed by Arjun Sarja.
- He owns a production company named Vishal Film Factory.
- In October 2015, Vishal was elected as the General Secretary of the Nadigar Sangam, a union of film, stage and television actors in the state of Tamil Nadu, India.
- In January 2017, he signed his debut Malayalam film, as the main antagonist in the Mohanlal starrer, Villain directed by B. Unnikrishnan.
- In April 2017, Vishal was elected as the President of Tamil Film Producers Council.
- In September 2017, Vishal played a detective in Thupparivaalan directed by Mysskin which was loosely based on the British writer Arthur Conan Doyle’s detective character, Sherlock Holmes.
- In December 2017, Vishal filed his nomination as an independent candidate for the by-poll to the high-profile RK Nagar constituency in Chennai, which fell vacant following Jayalalithaa’s death.
- In 2019, Vishal did one movie titled Action directed by Sundar.C.