Taeyeon is a South Korean singer. She had been a trainee at SM Entertainment’s Starlight Academy during her middle school years before debuting as a member of the agency’s girl group, Girls’ Generation. In 2015, she also debuted as a solo artist. Kim has a strong social media fan base with more than 19 million followers on Instagram.
Taeyeon, Taeng, Taengoo, Tete, Kid Leader, ByunTaeng (pervert Taeng), JumTaeng.
K-Pop, Pop Rock, R&B, Soul, EDM
SM Entertainment, Universal Music Japan, Interscope Records
Birthday / Date of Birth
Taeyeon was born on the 9th of March 1989, in Jeonju, North Jeolla, South Korea.
She is currently 34 years old.
She is of South Korean descent.
Taeyeon graduated from Jeonju Art High School.
- Father – Kim Jong-gu
- Mother – Kim Hee-ja
- Siblings – Kim Jiwoong (Older Brother), Kim Haeyeon (Younger Sister)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Taeyeon has dated –
- Baekhyun (2014-2015) – Taeyeon has been in an on and off relationship with Korean boy band EXO‘s member Baekhyun. They started dating in 2014 and broke up in September 2015. Their breakup was confirmed by their representatives
- In feet – 5 feet 2 inches
- In centimeters – 157 cm
- In meters – 1.57 m
- In Kilograms – 49 kg
- In Pounds – 108 lbs
She often tends to dye her hair ‘light brown’ or ‘blonde’.
She wears a size 6 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 5 (US).
Being a member of the South Korean girl group Girls’ Generation. Her first solo EP I which peaked at number 1 on the US Billboard charts and her debut solo album My Voice which peaked at number 1 on Korean Music Charts and at number 2 on the US Billboard charts.
In November 2007, Taeyeon released her first studio album Girls’ Generation along with the group Girls’ Generation. She released her first solo album titled My Voice in February 2017. It peaked at number 1 on the South Korean Gaon Album Chart and at number 2 on the US Billboard chart.
In 2012, Taeyeon made her theatrical film debut as herself in I Am. As a voice actor, she made her theatrical film debut as Margo in Despicable Mein 2010.
In 2008, Taeyeon made her first TV show appearance on the South Korean comedy-variety show Family Outing.
Taeyeon has done endorsement work for brands like, LG, Intel, Korean chicken chain Goobne Chicken, Casio, Samantha Thavasa, Domino’s, Pizza, Lotte, A-Solution, Dior Snow, Nature Republic & Banila Co.
- Favorite Season – Winter
- Favorite Number – 9
- Favorite Artists – BoA, Whitney Houston, Utada Hikaru
Taeyeon Net Worth
Taeyeon net worth is estimated to be $8 million dollars as of 2023.
Social Media Profiles
- Instagram – taeyeon_ss
Some Lesser Known Facts About Taeyeon
- Taeyeon wanted to be a singer since she was a young girl and took admission in SM Academy, a former music institute of South Korean talent agency SM Entertainment to take vocal lessons.
- Her father did not encourage her to become a singer but he was persuaded by the school’s president to let Taeyeon try her luck in singing after discovering her ‘clean’ voice.
- She used to go for her singing lessons with her father every Sunday traveling from her hometown to Seoul.
- In 2004, she was cast by SM Entertainment after winning first place in the S.M. Youth Singing Competition.
- After graduating in 2008, she did a radio hosting job for a year in 2009 and also pursued acting for a brief period of time.
- In April 2012, she was made the part of Girls’ Generation subgroup TTS (TaeTiSeo), together with members Tiffany and Seohyun.
- In 2015, it was announced by SM Entertainment that Taeyeon would be the first of the group to make her solo debut.
- Her debut solo EP I was released in October 2015 and was a commercial success. It peaked at number 2 on South Korea’s Gaon Album Chart and it became South Korea’s 16th best-selling album of 2015.
- In October 2015, Taeyeon was selected as the best K-pop vocalist by 40 anonymous officials of the music industry.
- She has also been recognized for her singing and fashion styles and is called the Beyonce of Girls’ Generation.
- In April 2016, Taeyeon was named as the ‘Best Female Vocalist in their 20s’ by 12 music companies of South Korea.