Song Kang is a South Korean actor. His notable lead roles in television series include Love Alarm, Sweet Home, Navillera, Nevertheless, and Forecasting Love and Weather. He is popularly known as the “Son of Netflix” because most of his series are aired on the platform. Apart from that, Kang has also amassed a huge fan base on social media and enjoys more than 16 million followers on Instagram.
Birthday / Date of Birth
Song Kang was born on the 24th of April 1994, in South Korea.
He’s currently 28 years old.
He has South Korean ancestry.
Kang studied at the Konkuk University‘s Department of Film Arts.
- Father – Song In-dae
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Unknown
Girlfriend / Spouse
Song Kang has dated –
Song has largely opted to keep his personal life away from the public spotlight, which makes it difficult for us to say anything about his love life and dating history.
- In feet – 6 feet 0 inches
- In centimeters – 183 cm
- In meters – 1.83 m
- In Kilograms – 70 kg
- In Pounds – 154 lbs
He wears a size 11.5 (US) shoe.
Kang became known for having been cast in a couple of shows and movies such as When the Devil Calls Your Name, Man in the Kitchen, The Liar and His Lover, Beautiful Vampire, Happy Together, and Village Survival, the Eight.
In 2018, Song had his first film onscreen role in the movie Beautiful Vampire as Lee So-nyeon.
In 2017, Kang landed her first role in television by appearing as Baek Jin-woo in the romantic comedy series, The Liar and His Lover.
Song has done endorsement work for several brands such as FIND KAPOOR, Niikorea, EDWIN KOREA, and several others.
Song Kang Net worth
Song Kang has an estimated net worth of $2 million dollars as of 2023.
Social Media Profiles
- Instagram – songkang_b
Some Lesser Known Facts About Song Kang
- Song was born and brought up in South Korea.
- In 2017, Kang made his acting debut with a supporting role romantic comedy television series The Liar and His Lover.
- He also appeared in two music videos: Sweet Summer Night by acoustic duo The Ade and Love Story by Suran.
- On July 8, 2017, his agency Namoo Actors organised a fan meeting – Introduction to Rookies for Kang alongside Oh Seung-hoon and Lee Yoo-jin.
- In 2018, Kang made his first theatrical film appearance by playing the role of Lee So-nyeon fantasy film, Beautiful Vampire. Directed by Jeong Eun-gyeong, the film’s cast also comprised of actors Jung Yeon-joo, Park Jun-myun, and Lee Yong-nyeo.
- In 2018 to 2019, Song Kang was cast as one of the lead cast members, alongside Yoo Jae-suk, Yang Se-hyung, Jang Do-yeon, Son Dam-bi, and Kim Sang-ho, in the TV reality-variety show, Village Survival, the Eight.
- In 2020, Kang was propelled to stardom when he starred in apocalyptic horror Netflix original Sweet Home, based on the eponymous webtoon.
- In November 2022, Song has confirmed that the 2023 Song Kang Asia Fan Meeting Tour will take place in six countries, starting with Seoul, followed by Tokyo, Jakarta, Kuala Lumpur, Singapore and Bangkok, which will take place sometime in 2023.