Whether it’s housed in your daily cleanser, powerhouse serum or go-to moisturizer, a product’s fragrance has the ability to boost your mood, soothe the senses or simply make applying your favourite products each day and night more enjoyable. The problem, however, is that products formulated with added perfumes have the ability to cause sensitivity and irritation. As the dermatologists at Minimalist say, “There are at least 300 ingredients in a fragrance that make it challenging to identify and cause problems for users.”
Instead of wasting your time and money on products that may or may not have adverse effects on your skin, it’s better to stick to the trusted Minimalist products that are fragrance-free. For this, we have made a list of products that are not only fragrance-free but also effective and affordable.
Mentioned below are the three of your skin’s best friends:
Niacinamide, aka vitamin B3, is the ultimate pleaser for all skin types. It is generally known for its multipurpose approach towards the betterment of our skin cells but to enlist, below are the pros you could expect out of niacinamide, or the reasons for you to start using it:
- A potent antioxidant: reduces the oxidative stress, thus reversing the signs of photo and environmental damage (say hello to even custom wedding rings, skin tone & texture!).
- A dermal immunity booster improves epidermal barrier function, making skin more resilient.
- Keeps your oil in check: balances oil so that you can have a matte look through the day
- An efficient skin soother: calms your skin thanks to its anti-inflammatory properties, reducing redness & acne inflammation.
- Anti-aging: prevents & reduces fine lines, wrinkles & other signs of premature aging due to photo-damage.
- Anti-acne: reduces sebum production hence prevents acne and blemishes. Also, it reduces the visible pore size.
Whether you wish to hydrate your dry skin or get rid of fine lines and wrinkles, Hyaluronic serum is your best friend. Picking up the right bottle can be tricky as the molecular weight can affect the intensity of Hyaluronic Acid. This product by Minimalist is here to answer all your prayers for a healthy skin.
Have you ever wondered why your skin feels dry even after you gulp tons of water every day?
When our skin is dry, chances are, the level hyaluronic acid in our body has decreased. In this case, merely drinking or splashing water on the face won’t make a difference. It would be best if you actually had a humectant that will hold water within your complexion.
Benefits of Hyaluronic Acid Serum
- Hydrates skin from within for the instant plump look.
- Removes dry patches leaving a smooth baby-soft skin.
- Locks in moisture to provide prolonged hydration.
- Acts as an antioxidant and support other antioxidants such as Vitamin C.
- Enhances the absorption of other serums when applied before them.
The benefits of Squalane for your face are many, including hydrating your skin, promoting a youthful appearance, alleviating the appearance of temporary redness, controlling oil, reducing the appearance of fine lines and more. Because it mimics our skin’s natural oil, it has an array of long-term benefits.
Benefits of using fragrance-free Squalane:
- It reduces the appearance of fine lines.
- Moisturizes skin.
- Softens skin texture.
- Soothes skin and prevents irritation.
- It has non-comedogenic properties.
- Controls oil.
So if you want to use your own healthy, signature aroma as a finishing touch before heading out, go for it! Just know that your skincare should be focused on delivering clear, glowing benefits – sans scented distractions.