Joseph Junior Adenuga , better known by his stage name Skepta, is an English grime artist, rapper, songwriter, record producer and music video director. Adenuga released his debut studio album Greatest Hits in 2007 and his second album, Microphone Championin 2009, both independently; while his third studio album Doin’ It Again was released in 2011 by AATW.
Joseph Junior Adenuga
Grime, British Hip Hop
Boy Better Know, All Around the World (AATW), Island Records
Rapper, Singer, Songwriter, Record Producer
Birthday / Date of Birth
Skepta was born on September 19, 1982, Tottenham, London, United Kingdom.
He’s currently 36 years old.
Joseph Adenuga went to the Winchmore School in London.
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Jamie Adenuga (Younger Brother) (Grime MC, Record Producer, DJ), Julie Adenuga (Younger Sister) (Radio Presenter). Overall, he has 3 younger siblings.
Joseph Adenuga is represented by –
- Rebecca Prochnik of Earth Agency
- Jonathan Briks of United Talent Agency
Girlfriend / Spouse
Joseph Adenuga has dated –
- Chloe Ferry (2016) – In the summer of 2016, Skepta was linked with British TV personality Chloe Ferry. They had been spotted making out while they were holidaying in Ibiza.
- Naomi Campbell (2016-2018) – Skepta was first linked with British model Naomi Campbell towards the end of 2016. Initially, they were introduced at the British Fashion Awards. They caused a stir at V05 NME Awards as they were spotted together looking cozy at the event. A few weeks later, it was claimed by the British press that they were seen making out at a couple of parties at the Paris Fashion Week. In October 2017, he sent rumor mills into overdrive by tweeting a picture of them together, which was captioned simply with 2 heart emojis. They sort of confirmed their relationship in March 2018, by posing for a steamy photo shoot for the cover of the GQ magazine.
- In July 2018, he revealed that he was going to become a father for the first time. However, in his Instagram feed, he refrained from divulging the identity of his child’s mother.
- In feet – 6 feet 0 inches
- In centimeters – 183 cm
- In meters – 1.83 m
- In Kilograms – 75 kg
- In Pounds – 165 lbs
In 2007, he released his debut studio album, Greatest Hits.
In May 2015, he made his theatrical film debut in the crime drama movie, Anti-Social, which had Meghan Markle and Gregg Sulkin in the lead roles.
In 2005, Joseph Adenuga made his first TV show appearance on music drama TV series, Dubplate Drama.
Joseph Adenuga has done endorsement work for –
- Nye Inks
- Nasir Mazhar
- Brighton Jetty Bakery
In 2015, he was appointed as the brand ambassador by the Japanese clothing brand, Uniqlo. As a part of the endorsement deal, Skepta even performed in their store in London.
- The immense success of his studio album, Doin’ It Again, which managed to peak at the 2nd spot on UK R&B Chart and which also reached as high as the 19th spot on the UK Album Chart
- The critical acclaim garnered by his album Konnichiwa as the album was hailed as the resurgence of grime music and was acclaimed for its cultural identity
Awards & Nominations
|Year||Award||Category||Recipients and nominees||Result|
|2014||MOBO Awards||Best Video||“That’s Not Me” Feat. Jme||Won|
|2015||MOBO Awards||Best Song||“Shutdown”||Won|
|2016||Ivor Novello Awards||Best Contemporary Song||Shutdown (Skepta song)||Nominated|
|Q Awards||Best Track||“Man”||Nominated|
|Best Solo Artist||Skepta||Nominated|
|Mercury Prize||Album of the Year||“Konnichiwa”||Won|
|MOBO Awards||Best Album||Nominated|
|Best Grime Act||Skepta||Nominated|
|Best Male Act||Nominated|
|BET Awards||Best International Act: UK||Won|
|2017||NME Awards||Best British Male||Won|
|Best Album supported||Konnichiwa||Nominated|
|Music Moment Of The Year||Skepta wins Mercury Prize||Nominated|
|BRIT Awards||British Male Solo Artist||Skepta||Nominated|
|British Breakthrough Act||Nominated|
|MasterCard British Album of the Year||“Konnichiwa”||Nominated|
|BET Awards||Best International Act: Europe||Skepta||Nominated|
- His favorite things aren’t known.
Skepta Net Worth
Skepta is an English rapper, songwriter, and record producer who has a net worth of $2 million dollars.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Skepta
- When he started his career, he was a DJ with the grime group known as Meridian Crew. He started emceeing shortly before the group decided to disband.
- Early in his rapping career, Skepta became a member of the English grime group, Roll Deep. He was joined by his brother, Jme, and Joseph Bamber in the group but they didn’t stay long with the group.
- In 2006, he collaborated with Jme and Bamber to establish English grime collective, Boy Better Know. Over the years, the collective has also led to the formation of Boy Better Know records.
- In June 2017, he launched his exclusive range of clothing line under the label of Mains which focused mainly on the collection of tracksuits.
- He follows a vegetarian diet and also wants to become a vegan, but, he can’t live without cheese.
- In 2011, he courted controversy by using p*rnographic content in the music video of his single, All Over the House. The video was subsequently banned by YouTube.
- In 2014, he won the award for Best Video at the MOBO Awards for the video of his single, That’s Not Me. After winning the award, he revealed that the video had cost £80.
- In 2015, he was recognized by GQ as one of the 50 best dressed British men in the year.
- In April 2018, he was made the chief in the Nigerian hometown of his father in Ogun State. He was given the title of Amuludun of Odo-Aje.
- In April 2017, he started his Banned from America tour. The name of the tour was inspired by the forced cancellation of his 2016 No Fear American tour as the US authorities had rejected his visa application.
- Visit his official website @ helloskepta.com.