Skepta is an English grime artist, rapper, songwriter, record producer and music video director. Skepta released his debut studio album Greatest Hits in 2007 and his second album, Microphone Champion in 2009, both independently, while his third studio album Doin’ It Again was released in 2011 by AATW.
Joseph Junior Adenuga
Rapper, Singer, Songwriter, Record Producer
Grime, British Hip Hop
Boy Better Know, All Around the World (AATW), Island Records
Birthday / Date of Birth
Skepta was born on 19th of September 1982, in Tottenham, London, United Kingdom.
He’s currently 37 years old.
Joseph Adenuga went to the Winchmore School in London.
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Jamie Adenuga (Younger Brother) (Grime MC, Record Producer, DJ), Julie Adenuga (Younger Sister) (Radio Presenter). Overall, he has 3 younger siblings.
Girlfriend / Spouse
Skepta his dated –
- Chloe Ferry (2016) – In the summer of 2016, Skepta was linked with British TV personality Chloe Ferry. They had been spotted making out while they were holidaying in Ibiza.
- Naomi Campbell (2016-2018) – Skepta was first linked with British model Naomi Campbell towards the end of 2016. Initially, they were introduced at the British Fashion Awards. They caused a stir at V05 NME Awards as they were spotted together looking cozy at the event. A few weeks later, it was claimed by the British press that they were seen making out at a couple of parties at the Paris Fashion Week. In October 2017, he sent rumor mills into overdrive by tweeting a picture of them together, which was captioned simply with 2 heart emojis. They sort of confirmed their relationship in March 2018, by posing for a steamy photo shoot for the cover of the GQ magazine. In July 2018, he revealed that he was going to become a father for the first time. However, in his Instagram feed, he refrained from divulging the identity of his child’s mother.
- In feet – 6 feet 0 inches
- In centimeters – 183 cm
- In meters – 1.83 m
- In Kilograms – 75 kg
- In Pounds – 165 lbs
The immense success of his studio album, Doin’ It Again which managed to peak at the 2nd spot on UK R&B Chart and which also reached as high as the 19th spot on the UK Album Chart. The critical acclaim garnered by his album Konnichiwa as the album was hailed as the resurgence of grime music and was acclaimed for its cultural identity.
In 2007, Skepta released his debut studio album, Greatest Hits.
In May 2015, Skepta made his theatrical film debut in the crime drama movie, Anti-Social which had Meghan Markle and Gregg Sulkin in the lead roles.
In 2005, Skepta made his first TV show appearance on music drama TV series, Dubplate Drama.
Skepta has done endorsement work for MAINS, Nike, Nye Inks, Nasir Mazhar & Brighton Jetty Bakery. In 2015, he was appointed as the brand ambassador by the Japanese clothing brand, Uniqlo. As a part of the endorsement deal, Skepta even performed in their store in London.
His favorite things aren’t known.
Skepta Net worth
Skepta has an estimated net worth of $2 million dollars as of 2020.
Social Media Profiles
- Facebook – Skepta
- Instagram – skeptagram
- Twitter – Big Smoke –
- YouTube Channel – SkeptaVEVO
Some Lesser Known Facts About Skepta
- When he started his career, he was a DJ with the grime group known as Meridian Crew. He started emceeing shortly before the group decided to disband.
- Early in his rapping career, Skepta became a member of the English grime group, Roll Deep. He was joined by his brother, Jme and Joseph Bamber in the group but they didn’t stay long with the group.
- He follows a vegetarian diet and also wants to become a vegan but he can’t live without cheese.
- In 2006, Skepta collaborated with Jme and Bamber to establish English grime collective, Boy Better Know. Over the years, the collective has also led to the formation of Boy Better Know records.
- In 2011, Skepta courted controversy by using p*rnographic content in the music video of his single, All Over the House. The video was subsequently banned by YouTube.
- In 2014, Skepta won the award for Best Video at the MOBO Awards for the video of his single, That’s Not Me. After winning the award, he revealed that the video had cost £80.
- In 2015, he was recognized by GQ as one of the 50 best dressed British men in the year.
- In April 2017, Skepta started his Banned from America tour. The name of the tour was inspired by the forced cancellation of his 2016 No Fear American tour as the US authorities had rejected his visa application.
- In June 2017, Skepta launched his exclusive range of clothing line under the label of Mains which focused mainly on the collection of tracksuits.
- In April 2018, Skepta was made the chief in the Nigerian hometown of his father in Ogun State. He was given the title of Amuludun of Odo-Aje.
- In July 2018, Skepta revealed he was going to become a father for the first time, via his Instagram account and posted a picture of an ultrasound scan. In December he posted a photo of him bottle-feeding the infant. The next month, he posted a photo of his baby daughter.
- Visit his official website @ helloskepta.com.